PDA

View Full Version : What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18

Letters
07-05-2020, 08:42 AM
I watched the first one and it looked promising but we didn't pursue it. Might have another go.
It's no Tiger King :sulk:

GP
15-05-2020, 09:20 PM
Community is still great.

Letters
15-05-2020, 09:29 PM
Charlie Brooker's Anti-Bacterial Wipe

:bow:

Brooker :bow:

GP
16-05-2020, 10:10 PM
Homeland :bow:

What a show. One of the best things I've ever seen even though Carrie is a dumb bitch.

Globalgunner
17-05-2020, 05:16 AM

What a show. One of the best things I've ever seen even though Carrie is a dumb bitch.

Cant believe that stupid show is still ru ning. Along with Greys Anatomy. Why is anyone watching this. The same story told 300 times.

Mac76
17-05-2020, 09:39 PM

They did well to create a fairly unpredictable ending though they did jump the shark even more than usual in this series, but still, always entertainung

GP
19-05-2020, 09:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJvi6PFkAKk

McNamara That Ghost...
19-05-2020, 01:37 PM
Am I misremembering thing? I recall Fred from Scooby Doo (the animated series) being a bit of a dickhead.

Letters
19-05-2020, 01:50 PM
:lol: I don't really remember what he was like.

Finished "Tiger King". Pretty crazy characters.

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2020, 02:28 PM
It all went downhill when Scrappy Doo joined the show. Horrible little shit.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-05-2020, 04:35 PM
Pups. :rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2020, 04:58 PM
Pups. :rolleyes:

Precocious Great Danes are one of my pet hates.

Letters
19-05-2020, 05:39 PM
Scrappy :lol:

Awlful Doo.

Master Splinter
20-05-2020, 05:45 PM
If anyone missed Giri/Haji i'd really recommend it - a really excellent British / Japanese crime drama which is really well written and acted and beautifully shot - it was on BBC2 so you should be able to get it on iplayer still

:gp:

It was really funny too.

It has the same irreverant quality as Killing Eve. But whereas Killing Eve lost all semblance of any plot or character development half way through the first season and just became a series of skits, Giri/Haji was continually surprising and engaging.

Master Splinter
20-05-2020, 05:58 PM
They did well to create a fairly unpredictable ending though they did jump the shark even more than usual in this series, but still, always entertainung

It was at it's best when it was being a spy show, so basically when the intrigue between Carrie and Saul was at the centre. That's why the final series ended on a high note.

Some of the post-Brody storylines and central characters either never took off or lacked that early nuance and at times felt like a generic gung-ho military action film. It was better in it's smaller, intimate moments.

Master Splinter
20-05-2020, 06:10 PM
On that note, if you want a more streamlined Homeland without dumb bitch Carrie ruining it for you, Jack Ryan on Amazon is worth watching.

It's the best version of Jack Ryan on screen and the first series especially matches Homeland at it's strongest in showing both sides of the conflict. It's more consistent than Homeland and the action and set-pieces are obviously more prominent.

Most importantly The Bunk is in it :bow:.

Mac76
20-05-2020, 07:03 PM
On that note, if you want a more streamlined Homeland without dumb bitch Carrie ruining it for you, Jack Ryan on Amazon is worth watching.

It's the best version of Jack Ryan on screen and the first series especially matches Homeland at it's strongest in showing both sides of the conflict. It's more consistent than Homeland and the action and set-pieces are obviously more prominent.

Most importantly The Bunk is in it :bow:.

I'm assuming that's the series actually endorsed by the author, as opposed to the film with the ludicrously-cast scientology-loving midget?

Mac76
20-05-2020, 07:05 PM

It was really funny too.

It has the same irreverant quality as Killing Eve. But whereas Killing Eve lost all semblance of any plot or character development half way through the first season and just became a series of skits, Giri/Haji was continually surprising and engaging.

Yes, and you just got the sense the actors loved it because all the characters were fully-fleshed out and had some great lines

And THAT rooftop scene in the final episode was stunning

Master Splinter
20-05-2020, 08:30 PM
I'm assuming that's the series actually endorsed by the author, as opposed to the film with the ludicrously-cast scientology-loving midget?

Harsh on Harrison Ford tbh.

You're mixing up Jack Reacher with Jack Ryan, which is the Tom Clancy series.

Mac76
21-05-2020, 06:59 PM
Harsh on Harrison Ford tbh.

You're mixing up Jack Reacher with Jack Ryan, which is the Tom Clancy series.

Ah, so i am... :getcoat:

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2020, 07:25 PM
The Charlton Heston version of Midway is approximately 99.99 times better than the shit version they just released.

Letters
21-05-2020, 08:16 PM
:(

Just happened to turn over to a programme about Tony Slattery.
Anyone remember him? He was quite big in the 90’s, very funny guy.
Was on things like Whose Line Is It Anyway.
Then he just disappeared.
I heard he’d had some mental health issues.
He looks like shit :(. Quite a sad story really.
I’d heard

dazthegooner
21-05-2020, 08:40 PM
Yeah I remember him shame really.

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2020, 08:46 PM
:(

Just happened to turn over to a programme about Tony Slattery.
Anyone remember him? He was quite big in the 90’s, very funny guy.
Was on things like Whose Line Is It Anyway.
Then he just disappeared.
I heard he’d had some mental health issues.
He looks like shit :(. Quite a sad story really.
I’d heard

WHO?

Marc Overmars
24-05-2020, 09:17 PM
The Last Dance.

Pretty good. Don’t think you even need to be a Basketball fan to enjoy it.

WMUG
25-05-2020, 12:35 PM
Unorthodox. It's interesting trying to understand the giraffe speak without looking at the subtitles using just German. I can get most of it, and I've decided anything I don't understand must be a Hebrew loanword :cool:

Mac76
25-05-2020, 03:46 PM
Unorthodox. It's interesting trying to understand the giraffe speak without looking at the subtitles using just German. I can get most of it, and I've decided anything I don't understand must be a Hebrew loanword :cool:

if you really saw a giraffe then you need to get off those drugs quick...

WMUG
25-05-2020, 09:56 PM
It's a swear filter joke.

GP
31-05-2020, 06:01 PM
Hunters on Amazon Prime.

I really liked it!

Al Pacino :bow:

Letters
06-06-2020, 08:04 PM
Killing Eve, Season 3

I liked it better than 2 but not as much as 1.
Some of the writing is a bit lazy, too many chance meetings and things which don’t make much sense.
Entertaining enough though.

Letters
10-06-2020, 12:53 PM
Sweet Magnolias

MrsL is making me watch it. It’s bloody awful.

Letters
13-06-2020, 07:38 AM
Bob The Builder

Bob definitely wants to bang Wendy but he’s been friend-zoned hard

Bob :pal:

Letters
13-06-2020, 07:53 AM
So in the next episode a scarecrow straps some corrugated iron to his back and flies off like a bird. :doh:

Even if I bought into the idea of a sentient scarecrow, there is no way that is going to work.

Niall_Quinn
13-06-2020, 01:16 PM
So in the next episode a scarecrow straps some corrugated iron to his back and flies off like a bird. :doh:

Even if I bought into the idea of a sentient scarecrow, there is no way that is going to work.

How do you know it was corrugated iron? It could have been a lightweight composite with aerodynamic properties.

Letters
13-06-2020, 02:24 PM
Because he was using it to fix a barn roof.
Your witness :cool:

WMUG
13-06-2020, 02:28 PM
Hollywood.

Watched the first 3 episodes so far, 2 and 3 are very very good.

Niall_Quinn
13-06-2020, 02:48 PM
Because he was using it to fix a barn roof.
Your witness :cool:

Yet previously you claimed he was using it to fly. Why have you changed your testimony? Were you lying then, or are you lying now?

Letters
13-06-2020, 03:08 PM
Look!
He got up on the roof to fix it with the corrugated iron on his back, for some reason strapped to his back like a pair of wings.
Then a gust of wind caught them and that was apparently enough for him to soar into the air. I’m calling bullshit on that.

#ScarecrowLivesMatter

Niall_Quinn
13-06-2020, 03:13 PM
Sounds boring. Probably won't watch it.

Letters
14-06-2020, 07:20 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53038466

No apology for the years of unfunny, irritating “comedy”, I see :sulk:

Niall_Quinn
14-06-2020, 10:59 AM
When everyone has apologised for everything, does that mean racism is fixed? Can we get on with normal stuff after that?

Letters
14-06-2020, 11:07 AM
When everyone has apologised for everything, does that mean racism is fixed? Can we get on with normal stuff after that?

I’m sorry, I haven’t a clue

#seewhatididthere

The Wengerbabies
15-06-2020, 11:21 PM
This should be banned too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGViIjOCAoY

Letters
16-06-2020, 07:21 AM
No. That isn't racist because reasons.
And black people can't be racist, that's just science.

Mac76
16-06-2020, 08:32 AM
No. That isn't racist because reasons.
And black people can't be racist, that's just science.

you're sounding like more like NQ every day - he's brainwashed you - you've been a real casualty of this lockdown

Letters
16-06-2020, 08:38 AM
Ouch! :lol:

We are worryingly aligned on some of this admittedly, but I'm trying not to go full Farage like he has.

Niall_Quinn
16-06-2020, 09:15 AM
Ouch! :lol:

We are worryingly aligned on some of this admittedly, but I'm trying not to go full Farage like he has.

Yeah, the blindingly obvious bits, at least. You can't fool all of the people all of the time, but you can fool Mac, morning, noon and night.

Mac76
16-06-2020, 09:40 AM
Yeah, the blindingly obvious bits, at least. You can't fool all of the people all of the time, but you can fool Mac, morning, noon and night.

so says the person who's easy pickings for every lunatic with a conspiracy theory and a YouTube channel :lol:

Globalgunner
16-06-2020, 10:01 AM
You cant be a bitter sod and expect your life to be sweet

Globalgunner
16-06-2020, 10:05 AM
Car Crash TV and Worlds Deadliest Drivers
2 different programmes offering essentially the same thing. Both hilarious and bone chillingly scary at the same time.
i can never see a Lada on the road and not expect some incredible smash to take place imminently

The 2 commentators make both shows however, biting comedy.

Niall_Quinn
16-06-2020, 10:19 AM
so says the person who's easy pickings for every lunatic with a conspiracy theory and a YouTube channel :lol:

Trouble is, that's all you've got. Conspiracy theory, conspiracy theory, conspiracy theory! But it never goes beyond that. I'm making crazy claims about super wealthy individuals influencing and organising global affairs to their best interests (could never happen), you're claiming Boris faked his illness for a publicity bump. I should be locked up.

The Wengerbabies
17-06-2020, 06:52 AM
Trouble is, that's all you've got. Conspiracy theory, conspiracy theory, conspiracy theory! But it never goes beyond that. I'm making crazy claims about super wealthy individuals influencing and organising global affairs to their best interests (could never happen), you're claiming Boris faked his illness for a publicity bump. I should be locked up.

The term conspiracy theorist was coined by the CIA to discredit people who questioned JFK's assassination.

Only a fool would believe everything the government/media tells them, sadly most people are fool devoid of any critical thinking skills.

Xhaka Can’t
17-06-2020, 07:15 AM
Last month I decided to give Mad Men another go. I watched 3-4 episodes a few years back and gave up.

Christ, it is good.

I got to the penultimate episode of S3 and it was pulled from Netflix last week.

Nearly through S4 on Amazon Prime.

Letters
17-06-2020, 07:48 AM
I did try it back in the day but found it a bit slow.

GP
17-06-2020, 08:28 AM
Jon Hamm is hot.

GP
17-06-2020, 08:29 AM
Schitt's Creek. Despite the silly name, it's really funny!

Letters
17-06-2020, 09:19 AM

It’s...ok. Can take or leave it but if you want to watch something quick which you don’t have to concentrate on that hard then it’s fine.

Niall_Quinn
17-06-2020, 10:20 AM
Last month I decided to give Mad Men another go. I watched 3-4 episodes a few years back and gave up.

Christ, it is good.

I got to the penultimate episode of S3 and it was pulled from Netflix last week.

Nearly through S4 on Amazon Prime.

Tried way back when it was being hailed as the second coming. Gave up. It's not just the show, it's the frame of mind I happen to be in at the time. Sometimes both coincide. Watched Edge of Darkness again. Crazy stuff that probably doesn't stand up so well today, but still compelling. Watched the Shadow Line too. I remember that got slated at the time. But it was an easy watch through to the end without the urge to abandon ship.

Xhaka Can’t
17-06-2020, 06:14 PM
I gave up first time, thinking it was too slow.

You are right about the frame of mind thing. It can really influence your judgement to the extent that something you would normally enjoy becomes painful to watch.

I’m invested now.

Xhaka Can’t
17-06-2020, 06:17 PM

Another series I had to come back to because I found the first couple of episodes a bit meh.

But once the scene is set and the characters develop, this is a really funny and feel good show.

Another you may like is Kim’s Convenience. It took me an episode or two to get past the accent but it has developed into one of my all time favourites programmes.

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-06-2020, 09:23 PM
Brooklyn Tibbles Nine-Nine.

How the hell have I never watched this?

GP
29-06-2020, 09:34 PM
Nine Nine is excellent!

Letters
30-06-2020, 08:27 AM
Nine Nine!

Yes, it is excellent.

Letters
30-06-2020, 08:28 AM
Little Fires Everywhere

8 part series on Amazon Prime featuring Reece. With a spoon.
Really good actually. Would recommend.

Letters
30-06-2020, 08:29 AM
"The English Game"

About the early history of football, how it transitioned from a public school game to more of a working class one and how players started getting professional.
Quite good, more of a period drama really and I think it plays pretty fast and loose with the facts but pretty decent for all that.

Globalgunner
30-06-2020, 08:29 AM
Nine Nine is excellent!

69 is better. 99 is so common.

Marc Overmars
06-07-2020, 06:18 PM
Been watching all the old Simpsons episodes on Disney+.

Just seen the Frank Grimes episode. :haha:

The Simpsons for what it was and not what it became. :rose:

Letters
06-07-2020, 06:24 PM
Just seen the Frank Grimes episode. :haha:

NQ :bow:

20 years ago The Simpsons cast did a mini tour doing a script reading followed by a Q&A
One of the best things I’ve been to.

:dance:

Master Splinter
06-07-2020, 06:59 PM
That episode is one of the darkest pieces of television ever.

And incredibly apt about life in general.

It's also funny as fuck.

Xhaka Can’t
06-07-2020, 08:54 PM
It is incredible just how good the Simpsons was back in the day. They maintained that quality for quite a while. There was no way they could have sustained it, and they didn’t.

The real tragedy is that it was such a cash cow, Fox are determined to milk every last cent out of it. For those who missed out on early Simpsons, it is the best thing on Disney+ by a mile.

Master Splinter
06-07-2020, 09:09 PM
It's like great musicians/writers/filmmakers/football managers who have have an incredible run and reach a peak they're never able to match again. The output in those years was so good that the work will live on forever.

There's no need for it to still be going, and it certainly doesn't detract from those early series. But it is quite painful when I occassionally watch a more recent episode and it feels like you're watching a fifth rate tribute act performing outside a Gregg's.

The Wengerbabies
06-07-2020, 09:12 PM
It's like great musicians/writers/filmmakers/football managers who have have an incredible run and reach a peak they're never able to match again. The output in those years was so good that the work will live on forever.

There's no need for it to still be going, and it certainly doesn't detract from those early series. But it is quite painful when I occassionally watch a more recent episode and it feels like you're watching a fifth rate tribute performing outside a Gregg's.

Good analogy. The Simpsons is just like Wenger.

Master Splinter
06-07-2020, 09:12 PM
For those who missed out on early Simpsons, it is the best thing on Disney+ by a mile.

Tbf, X-Men and Gargoyles are great too.

Letters
06-07-2020, 09:18 PM
Good analogy. The Simpsons is just like Wenger.

Looooool.

:rolleyes:

Although, actually, that analogy does kinda stand up. The Simpsons was groundbreaking and innovative. You can't keep on being innovative - once you've done something new and other people have copied you it stops being new. And also the early Simpsons writing team was dripping with talent. The new lot simply aren't as good. I haven't watched it for years but it remains one of the best and most important TV shows of the 20th century.

The Wengerbabies
08-07-2020, 05:26 PM
https://i.ibb.co/MGMXHTn/Screenshot-2020-07-08-The-Grand-Tour-on-Twitter-Yes-the-next-Special-will-land-later-this-year-Yes-i.png

Wish they'd hurry up and release this, it's been ready for weeks.

Letters
09-07-2020, 07:31 AM
Better Call Saul.

Just finished Season 5.
Brilliant :bow:

Marc Overmars
17-07-2020, 06:30 PM
The Simpsons episode with “The Leader”. :lol:

Letters
02-08-2020, 08:26 PM
Ozark

Just finished Season 1. Holy shit!

Xhaka Can’t
02-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Just finished Mad Men - had to purchase the last three series off Amazon because its not on Netflix any longer.

Loved it.

Letters
09-08-2020, 07:39 AM
Bob The Builder again.

Spud the scarecrow is a complete prick.
I hope he dies in a fire.

Letters
30-08-2020, 09:07 PM
"Spaced"

I'm a bit late to this party but it's on Netflix so I thought I'd give it a go.
Really like it and actually think it's quite an important programme in British comedy.
You can see the origins of Shaun of the Dead in it and it has a lot of cameos from people who went on to do great things.

Pegg :bow: (and to a lesser extent) Frost :bow:

GP
30-08-2020, 09:24 PM
"Spaced"

Really like it and actually think it's quite an important programme in British comedy.
You can see the origins of Shaun of the Dead in it and it has a lot of cameos from people who went on to do great things.

But more importantly, Wright :bow:

Niall_Quinn
12-09-2020, 08:06 PM
Away. Exciting TV drama about the first human mission to Mars. YAY! Right up my street.

LOL

It's actually yet another vehicle for LBG-FUCKING_BORING_CUNTS issues. Of course it is. Is there anything that isn't?

Fucking Hollywood, eh?

Think I'll watch the Wire again instead.

Xhaka Can’t
12-09-2020, 08:07 PM
Homo

Niall_Quinn
12-09-2020, 08:09 PM
Homo

Probably right. If you complain too much it probably means you're one of those disgusting arse fuckers who spread disease and the onset of the collapse of civilised society.

Niall_Quinn
12-09-2020, 08:15 PM
So I watched a cooking prog instead. Some stupid competitor to Hell's Kitchen. Was all going well, the brain dead competitors were hamming it up, the judges were striking self important poses. Everything I yearn for when trying to nick a decent recipe. And then...

COINCIDENTALLY - purely, purely coincidentally.

In a competition that had identified the best 12 up-and-coming chefs in the USA - two of them just so happened to be lebso lovers who lived with each other.

I mean, what are the chances? How incredible is that? It's like a 1 in 1, with the mainstream "entertainment" media.

So I stopped watching that shit too.

Still on the hunt for something that isn't fagged up to the eyeballs. Hopeless? Mother, what are my chances?

Niall_Quinn
12-09-2020, 08:34 PM
Watching old episodes of Top Gear. Only way to be sure.

Mac76
12-09-2020, 09:07 PM
Watching old episodes of Top Gear. Only way to be sure.

That clarkson's a cunt?

Don't worry, we know

Niall_Quinn
12-09-2020, 10:00 PM
That clarkson's a cunt?

Don't worry, we know

Your fear of males is showing again.

Mac76
13-09-2020, 08:54 AM
Your fear of males is showing again.

*dislike of complete arseholes

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2020, 11:45 AM
Which is fair. Like, dislike, personal thing.

So what if EVERY program, EVERY film, EVERY documentary had Clarkson in it?

Would you get bored of that, at some point?

Coney
13-09-2020, 11:50 AM
"Spaced"

Yes - good little series.

GP
15-09-2020, 05:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW7Twd85m2g

This is the way

Letters
18-09-2020, 09:21 PM
Five Guys A Week.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/sep/18/tv-tonight-five-guys-a-week-move-in-once-more

Presumably a show about your mum.

Marc Overmars
09-10-2020, 12:57 PM
The Haunting of Hill House.

Decent. Creepy as hell tbh.

Looking forward to watching Bly Manor now. :popcorn:

Letters
09-10-2020, 01:37 PM
Ozark.

Finished Season 3. Holy shit!

Letters
10-10-2020, 06:49 PM
Spitting Image

Watched the first one of the new series.
Thought it was pretty good. Similar level and tone to the original.

LDG
10-10-2020, 06:58 PM
Ozark.

Finished Season 3. Holy shit!

Watched the first two and started 3....must admit, bit bored by it really.

Billy Bob in Goliath is cracking btw. Each season is fucking cool....just like Billy Bob.

Xhaka Can’t
10-10-2020, 09:03 PM
You have to give Ozark more time.

It is unbelievably good.

GP
10-10-2020, 09:27 PM
Jason Bateman is good in Arrested Development.

I haven't seen Ozark.

Xhaka Can’t
10-10-2020, 10:43 PM
Jason Bateman is something else in Ozark. You have never seen him in anything remotely like this.

Xhaka Can’t
10-10-2020, 10:44 PM
What in fucks name is Nicky Morgan doing on HIGNFY again?

Makes on of the best shows on TV unwatchable.

GP
10-10-2020, 11:11 PM
Nicky Morgan is a Tory cunt.

Xhaka Can’t
11-10-2020, 09:05 AM
Even if she wasn't a Tory, she'd still be a cunt.

HIGNFY is one of the most brilliantly entertaining shows on TV, but when she is on it, you know you're in for a painfully unfunny watch.

The tub of lard they've had on has a much better personality and quality of contribution.

GP
29-10-2020, 08:51 PM
Mandalorian tomorrow :bow:

Letters
29-10-2020, 09:30 PM
The Third Day

A touch of The Wicker Man. I liked it.

GP
31-10-2020, 06:53 PM
I've been re-watching Breaking Bad.

Krysten Ritter is fit.

Niall_Quinn
13-11-2020, 11:53 PM
"Time on Our Hands", 1996 Only Fools and Horses Xmas episode. If you want to take an hour out of the eternal bullshit and just have a laugh and a bit of nostalgia. Such good writing.

Letters
25-11-2020, 07:57 PM
GLOW

Watched the first two seasons.
It’s really good, a lot better and with more depth than I thought it would have.

Marc Overmars
25-11-2020, 08:04 PM
Yeah it’s decent.

The final season has been canned because of Covid, which is a shame.

GP
25-11-2020, 08:12 PM
It is a shame.

It's a good show and Betty Gilpin has nice tits.

Letters
25-11-2020, 08:15 PM
Betty Gilpin has nice tits.

Xhaka Can’t
25-11-2020, 10:39 PM
I enjoyed Glow. It was a fun series and am sad to see it canned.

Niall_Quinn
25-11-2020, 11:19 PM
Never heard of it. Can't keep up with the sheer volume of gloop Netflix and Amazon are churning out, and don't want to tbf. But I'll check that one out when I have time to kill.

I did just finish The Orville. Genuine fall off the chair laughter if you are in on the jokes. You kind of have to be a Trekkie that survived the woke revolution to buy in. If you are then it's a goldmine of laughs. It's also a refreshing callback to so many of the genuinely masterful sci-fi moments from the greats that went before. Shows up STD (no, not the disease, although...) in brutal terms but still manages to discuss many of the same issue that childish wreck-job squatting on the Trek franchise butchers but in a grown up manner. Well worth it if you fit the profile. You'll hate it and be offended and all that bollocks if you can stomach STD.

Letters
02-12-2020, 09:40 AM
Yeah. The Orville is properly good. Rare mix of sci-fi and comedy and does both well.

GP
18-12-2020, 07:31 PM
The Mandalorian!

Holy fucking shit!!!

Marc Overmars
19-12-2020, 03:33 PM
Man, that was fucking great.

Certainly wasn’t expecting to see him...

Master Splinter
19-12-2020, 07:58 PM
The Dark Troopers :bow:.

The Dark Troopers :haha:.

GP
19-12-2020, 08:03 PM
This is the Way

Letters
20-12-2020, 08:29 PM
Manifest

A much better idea for a show than a show so far.

Letters
21-12-2020, 02:03 PM
Cobra Kai

:d

Just watched the first episode. Looks like it’ll be a lot of fun.

GP
22-12-2020, 08:21 PM
Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank

GP
25-12-2020, 07:16 PM
Clarkson got really fat.

GP
27-12-2020, 09:31 PM
Death to 2020 :haha:

Brooker :bow:

Marc Overmars
27-12-2020, 09:35 PM
I thought it was ok but Brooker has done much better.

Xhaka Can’t
27-12-2020, 10:24 PM
I am midway through series 1 of Dexter.

I feel as lucky as fuck!

Letters
29-12-2020, 09:55 PM
I thought it was ok but Brooker has done much better.

Agree. I enjoyed it but he’s done better.

Ollie the Optimist
29-12-2020, 10:18 PM
Defending Jacob on Apple TV is superb.

Asking the morning show on Apple TV was very good.

Appreciate a bit late to both but well worth a watch if you haven’t already

Letters
06-01-2021, 01:27 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/06/john-dillermand-denmark-launches-childrens-tv-show-man-giant-penis?fbclid=IwAR3Ve9tmkDpQ-lf_tDWWKMhGVa7MD5rd_aE6vlIj_UM5y-VavzOfUmUDh2Q

:blink:

Letters
29-01-2021, 09:24 AM
The Queen's Gambit

I liked it. Only 7 episodes but based on a book and probably not a story which needs to be dragged out.

Also, Anya Taylor-Joy ##

GP
29-01-2021, 08:18 PM
Anya Taylor-Joy ##

Agreed

GP
29-01-2021, 08:18 PM
WandaVision :bow:

Kat Dennings :bow:

Letters
29-01-2021, 08:32 PM
WandaVision :bow:

Kat Dennings :bow:

She has big tits tbf

Niall_Quinn
29-01-2021, 08:51 PM
In some circumstances I'm with the feminists. Now we all know that women like a good shagging. It's just they can't admit it. But when a limp dick turns up and plays the man, unconvincingly would be an understatement, it's kind of is insulting to women because the cheese dick could never hope to satisfy them in a million tries. So sure, when a fag boy starts pretending he's capable, I get why women are insulted.

Letters
01-02-2021, 07:09 PM
https://www.channel4.com/programmes/shut-ins-britains-fattest-people/episode-guide/

Tonight on C4, a program about your mum :cool:

GP
19-02-2021, 08:16 PM
She has big tits tbf

I'm a big fan

GP
19-02-2021, 08:17 PM
It's a Sin

:lol:

Ollie the Optimist
13-03-2021, 11:01 AM
Watched the entirety of Wandavision last night.

It’s superb. Marvel have done it again :bow:

Letters
20-03-2021, 04:40 PM
Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends

Diesel is a complete wanker.

Letters
20-03-2021, 09:50 PM
Cobra Kai

Love this show. All a bit silly but lots of fun.
Have to wait ages till the next series now though :(

LDG
21-03-2021, 07:48 PM
Mother of God!

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-03-2021, 10:32 PM
CHIS.

Letters
23-03-2021, 08:50 PM
Manifest

MrsL is still making me watch this. It’s pretty rubbish

GP
28-03-2021, 10:15 PM
https://i.imgur.com/855bqth.jpg

Mac76
29-03-2021, 08:18 AM
Ha

loved the bit when that t****r played by Compston strode into that police station with his balls out and then had to walk right out again :haha:

Letters
29-03-2021, 09:27 AM
Ha

loved the bit when that t****r played by Compston strode into that police station with his balls out and then had to walk right out again :haha:

What show is this?

Mac76
29-03-2021, 11:21 AM

What show is this?

GP posted some bent coppers - work it out ;)

IBK
29-03-2021, 11:22 AM
Ha

Yes - highly amusing! :lol:

Letters
07-04-2021, 12:25 PM
The Serpent

Very good.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-04-2021, 09:06 PM
Mother of God!

:popcorn:

Letters
12-04-2021, 06:21 AM
So...I should be watching Line of Duty?
Never got into it but it’s the sort of thing I can imagine watching from the little I know.

We are currently watching the latest series of Unforgotten which is as good as always

Mac76
12-04-2021, 08:44 AM
So...I should be watching Line of Duty?
Never got into it but it’s the sort of thing I can imagine watching from the little I know.

We are currently watching the latest series of Unforgotten which is as good as always

yes, it's a good watch even if a little ridiculous at times - but you need to get up to speed quick before you start mixing more with other people or they'll spoil it

Shaqiri Is Boss
16-04-2021, 07:16 PM
Helen McCrory has died. Just 52. The fuck. Pol from Peaky Blinders.,amongst a host of other things :( Fucking fuck cancer man.

Letters
16-04-2021, 10:48 PM
MrsL wanted to record the funeral tomorrow (:rolleyes:)
So I went on the Sky app to set it to record.
When I did so it came up with a Series Link option :lol:
Do they know something I don’t? :unsure:

LDG
17-04-2021, 05:44 AM
MrsL wanted to record the funeral tomorrow (:rolleyes:)
So I went on the Sky app to set it to record.
When I did so it came up with a Series Link option :lol:
Do they know something I don’t? :unsure:

Episode 2: The Phantom Racist

Mac76
17-04-2021, 10:42 AM
Episode 2: The Phantom Racist

:)

Letters
17-04-2021, 12:12 PM
Build up has started :popcorn:

GP
17-04-2021, 12:24 PM
Team news?

Letters
17-04-2021, 12:48 PM
Queen as a sole mourner up front.
Her kids in a sad back 4
Markle “injured” again :rolleyes:

Globalgunner
17-04-2021, 12:51 PM
Will they take the knee b4 kick off. The Duke was a known BLM supporter

Letters
17-04-2021, 06:52 PM
Uncle

Quite funny.

From the episode I’m watching at the moment:

“You can’t like Arsenal and Spurs, that’s like rooting for the Nazis and the French resistance”

GP
18-04-2021, 09:04 PM
Mother of god!

Letters
18-04-2021, 09:13 PM
Watched the funeral.

Was pretty boring tbh. One star. Would not recommend.
Fast forwarded through most of it tbh.

GP
18-04-2021, 09:16 PM
Found the plot a bit far fetched and the characters shallow and one dimensional.

Excited for the sequel.

Shaqiri Is Boss
25-04-2021, 09:16 PM
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, and the wee donkey.

Ollie the Optimist
26-04-2021, 07:37 AM
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, and the wee donkey.

Bit of a dull episode i thought last night but one that i suspect was needed in order for them to tie everything up next week in the finale.

Mac76
26-04-2021, 08:46 AM
Bit of a dull episode i thought last night but one that i suspect was needed in order for them to tie everything up next week in the finale.

well ok, not as many shooting scenes etc in this one, but if you weren't riveted by the interview scene you should maybe switch to Die Hard 3 or something - it was really tense and well acted.

Ollie the Optimist
26-04-2021, 09:03 AM
well ok, not as many shooting scenes etc in this one, but if you weren't riveted by the interview scene you should maybe switch to Die Hard 3 or something - it was really tense and well acted.

I thought the interview scene was superb as you say. I dont need shootouts or car chases (on that matter, the opening of the episode was a bit pointless imo). Just felt like that this episode was needed to set the clues for the finale next week. Although the interview scene which was about the half the episode was superb, the rest of it was a bit dull imo.

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-04-2021, 09:11 AM
Yeah it was a pointless and pretty shit car chase, handbrake turn zoom into the gearstick and drive 10 yards. But the interview scene was riddled with clues which we'll hopefully only pick up on after next week. I think it was needed having a slow down episode though.

GP
26-04-2021, 07:51 PM
No comment.

Mac76
27-04-2021, 06:22 AM
No comment.

Mother o' God...

Letters
27-04-2021, 08:15 PM
Line of Duty

Ok. I finally caved to your incessant peer pressure and watched the first LoD - I mean from the very first series. Was very impressed.
Lots of catching up to do so no spoilers :sulk:

Mac76
27-04-2021, 09:22 PM
Line of Duty

Ok. I finally caved to your incessant peer pressure and watched the first LoD - I mean from the very first series. Was very impressed.
Lots of catching up to do so no spoilers :sulk:

Blimey, you're on a long journey, but enjoy...

Letters
28-04-2021, 07:56 PM
Episode 2 of Series 1

Holy shit! This is brilliant! Can’t believe I’ve only just discovered this series!

Mac76
28-04-2021, 08:52 PM
:)

GP
28-04-2021, 10:09 PM
Now we're suckin' diesel

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-05-2021, 09:04 PM
Oh.

There's gonna be another series right? Surely?

Ollie the Optimist
02-05-2021, 09:12 PM
Season 8 of game of thrones had a better ending then that.

Fucking awful

Mac76
02-05-2021, 09:24 PM
:wacko:

There's so many strands to all this it's hard to take it all in but the bottom line is they don't seem to have sorted it all out...

Letters
18-05-2021, 01:28 PM
Uncle

Really good 3 series show about a bloke, his nephew and other family. Comedy drama leaning towards comedy.
Funny but has some depth to it too.

Mac76
23-05-2021, 11:51 AM
only watched a few mins of it last night but just found out that UK got nul points in Eurovision :haha:

taking back control :haha:

world leaders :haha:

Letters
23-05-2021, 12:24 PM
Brexit :haha:

(And shame on you for watching any of it)

Letters
27-05-2021, 07:55 PM
Oh FFS...

James Cordon is stinking up the Friends Reunion.
Is there anything he can’t ruin?

Letters
12-06-2021, 09:45 PM
Friends reunion

Finally watched it
1) Fuck of Cordon
2) Joey got fat :lol:

Overall it was...fine.

Letters
12-06-2021, 09:49 PM
Superstore

Quite like this. Comedy about the staff of a supermarket. Makes me lol, wouldn't go so far as to say rofl.
Decent thing to watch over lunch.

Ollie the Optimist
13-06-2021, 06:17 AM
Watched this new series with Sean Bean & Stephen Graham on iPlayer called Time.

Superbly made prison drama. Only 3 episodes but very good & worth a watch. Reading some the reviews, it seems they got most of the reality of prison life correct

Letters
13-06-2021, 07:09 AM
Oh yeah. I heard about that the other day and thought it sounded good and then completely forgot about it :doh:

Will have a look.

The Wengerbabies
30-06-2021, 06:15 AM
Clarkson's Farm.

Brilliant.

Letters
10-07-2021, 08:35 PM
Time

Good little 3 part about prison life.

Edit: I forgot about the exchange with Ollie above!

Ollie the Optimist
11-07-2021, 07:30 AM
The Italian Job :good:

dazthegooner
11-07-2021, 07:59 AM
ITV or BBC?

Mac76
11-07-2021, 11:03 AM
Matterface and Dixon or Mowbray and Genius?

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/euro-2020-final-tv-coverage-bbc-itv-commentators-watch-live-stream-england-vs-italy-kick-off-time-1097197

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-07-2021, 11:27 AM
Muted.

Mac76
11-07-2021, 11:32 AM
i quite like Dixon's comments but while i can take or leave Mowbray, Matterface has gone full Jonathan Pearce lately, incessantly muttering weirder and wierder nonsense while ignoring what's going on in the game...

Letters
11-07-2021, 12:04 PM
ITV or BBC?

BBC.

Letters
04-08-2021, 09:05 PM
Robert Webb announced for Strictly :lol:

GP
05-08-2021, 07:30 AM
Is he a queer?

dazthegooner
05-08-2021, 07:41 AM
We'll find out once he's sold his story to the tabloids :good:

Letters
05-08-2021, 08:12 AM
Is he a queer?

I don't think so, but...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/279cd160-7b2f-41c0-bf44-24b9031b3088

John said: “I’m so grateful, excited, and nervous to be joining the Strictly 2021 family. I’ve been wearing sequins and jazzy attire since I was three years old and can’t wait to hurl myself, full throttle, around the most glamorous dance floor on earth. What’s more exciting for me, is that I’m going to be one half of the first all-male partnership, which is a great step forward in representation and inclusion.

He sounds like a queer...

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2021, 08:22 AM
Clarkson's Farm.

Brilliant.

It’s a fascinating series on how farming actually works. Yes there are times Clarkson plays the fool but you can tell he has a genuine passion for farming and tries to make the best of it.

Really would recommend to those who haven’t watched it,

Letters
05-08-2021, 08:36 AM
Space Force :lol:

Really funny series with Steve Carroll on Netflix.

dazthegooner
15-08-2021, 11:22 AM
Just looking at tomorrow's tv and on ITV3 @10pm 'Ladies of Letters' :blink:

Mac76
15-08-2021, 04:08 PM

Letters
15-08-2021, 04:17 PM

Not a long series, that :(

dazthegooner
15-08-2021, 06:37 PM

Not a long series, that :(
Two episodes back to back :shrug:

LDG
16-08-2021, 05:58 AM
Two episodes back to back :shrug:

More like a comedy short

Literally

Letters
16-08-2021, 06:15 AM
:angry:

GP
18-08-2021, 06:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lle0NNmvIyU

Letters
27-09-2021, 08:13 AM
How's about that then?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58699058

Mac76
27-09-2021, 08:20 AM
How's about that then?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58699058

this is totally outrageous - people should never say "an horrific" :sulk:

Ollie the Optimist
27-09-2021, 09:33 AM
Vigil was quite good fun to watch.

Each episode got more and more outrageous in terms of plot lines but highly addictive

Letters
27-09-2021, 09:42 AM
this is totally outrageous - people should never say "an horrific" :sulk:

I approve of this pedantry.

Letters
27-09-2021, 09:52 AM
The Wilds

Good little show about some girls stranded on an island. All a bit mysterious at first and could have gone full "Lost" but this one actually reveals what's going on quite quickly. There are some good twists and the end implies a second series is on the cards. Would recommend.

[EDIT: It's on Amazon Prime]

LDG
27-09-2021, 05:52 PM
The Wilds

Good little show about some girls stranded on an island. All a bit mysterious at first and could have gone full "Lost" but this one actually reveals what's going on quite quickly. There are some good twists and the end implies a second series is on the cards. Would recommend.

[EDIT: It's on Amazon Prime]

You had me at “sex starved girls stranded on a desert island”

Letters
28-09-2021, 08:01 PM
Line of Duty

Gother of Mod! Finally made it through all the series.
Very good.
Actually thought the end was ok, although I managed my expectations as I’d heard people grumbling about it at the time.

Mac76
28-09-2021, 09:18 PM
Line of Duty

Gother of Mod! Finally made it through all the series.
Very good.
Actually thought the end was ok, although I managed my expectations as I’d heard people grumbling about it at the time.

Probably the best way of doing it

Btw i thought Vigil was great :bow:

Letters
29-09-2021, 07:43 AM
I'd not heard of Vigil but had a few people mention it when I've said we watched LoD.
Will have a look.

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-09-2021, 10:19 AM
I thought Vigil was a bit crap tbh. Just seemed to tick all the boxes of moody drama, plus Arnott was only in it for about 5 seconds.
Thought the ending fizzled out just like LoD as well, kinda obvious who would end up being good and who it was given they cut to their shifty eyes every 5 seconds.... Oh wait it was all about the adoption.... Meh.

The only shocking part about it was that Young Morse is Scouse :blink:

Mac76
29-09-2021, 11:01 AM
I thought Vigil was a bit crap tbh. Just seemed to tick all the boxes of moody drama, plus Arnott was only in it for about 5 seconds.
Thought the ending fizzled out just like LoD as well, kinda obvious who would end up being good and who it was given they cut to their shifty eyes every 5 seconds.... Oh wait it was all about the adoption.... Meh.

The only shocking part about it was that Young Morse is Scouse :blink:

i really liked it but assuming (perhaps wrongly) that you''re from that part of the world, I'd love to know what you thought of Evans' accent - i thought it was Mancunian until my wife said she thought it was scouse :lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-09-2021, 04:14 PM
Well he actually is from Liverpool so I'm guessing the accent was authentic, though it wasn't particularly pronounced. And it definitely wasn't full scally ketwig Scouse either, which is obviously a plus.

No idea where you were hearing Manc thigug :lol:

Mac76
29-09-2021, 06:27 PM
Well he actually is from Liverpool so I'm guessing the accent was authentic, though it wasn't particularly pronounced. And it definitely wasn't full scally ketwig Scouse either, which is obviously a plus.

No idea where you were hearing Manc thigug :lol:

i didn't know he was from thereabouts - i often think there's a whine-ishness about both accents tbh which makes them annoyingly similar :lol:

Niall_Quinn
09-10-2021, 09:09 PM
Chapelle Closer is fucking hilarious. Mostly. You need to be plugged into the American scene at a social level to get half the jokes, and I'm not so I missed those, but the wider observational comedy is gold. Not in a ha ha, hysterical way, but more in a jeez, did he really say that and how fucking true is that sort of way. I guess this guy must have a lot of money tucked away, beyond the reach of the cancel mob.

Niall_Quinn
09-10-2021, 09:23 PM
Careful Dave, they after you!

Say what? One they, or many theys?

In a recent bogus court ruling a tranny loving judge ignored an assault by a tranny and ruled in favour of the bitch because he/ she/ it/ them/ they/ banana had been misgendered, despite the balls and cock. The judge, in a legal document, stated "they" had been illegitimately fired. That's not even acceptable grammar, let alone a legal definition. But it passed anyway because the goal is not law, the goal is not science, the goal in not language - the goal is confusion and subversion.

Chapelle locks onto this with a single comment, and then moves on. It's clever on several levels, in the least because it quickly shoots down the absurdity of the transgender movement and also because he protects his arse in the process. It's a legitimate and safe assassination of utter stupidity. Rather good manoeuvring in this age of intolerance dressed up as the age of tolerance.

Does anyone actually care if some weirdo wants to look between his or her legs and say no, no, no? I don't have a problem (or even a passing thought) with that. Let them. Who cares? And, mostly, those people don't make any demands on me or you. It's the fuckwads who ride to the "rescue", unbidden, and demand we all think in a certain way that poses the problem. Who will rid me of these meddlesome priests?

Globalgunner
10-10-2021, 05:59 AM
Chapelle is great, takes no prisoners of any race, colour or creed. More power to him.

Letters
20-10-2021, 08:13 PM
Squid Game

Episode 6. (Marbles)

Holy SHIT!

:o

Marc Overmars
20-10-2021, 08:52 PM
Squid Game is exceptional.

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2021, 09:13 PM
Squid Game

Episode 6. (Marbles)

Holy SHIT!

:o

Watched that episode last night. Don’t know how to put in to words what that episode was like.

What a show.

Back to it tomorrow night because we watched Alexander Armstrong in Iceland this evening. Saw him filming there in Reykjavik during July.

Ollie the Optimist
21-10-2021, 08:18 AM
The Blair Brown documentary series on new labour which is currently on iPlayer it’s fascinating.

It’s a five parter so actually goes into a good amount of detail from 1983 to 2010. Whether you agree with them or not, its a really well done series & fascinating to listen to them describing how they made decisions

Globalgunner
21-10-2021, 06:10 PM
The only time Im watching anything about Bliar is when he is in the docket at the Hague wearing longjohns and steel bracelets

dazthegooner
21-10-2021, 07:16 PM
No THAT would be worth watching. :good:

GP
21-10-2021, 07:20 PM
Blair :bow:

Best PM of my lifetime.

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2021, 08:15 PM
Look at your avatar. Your signature. Your posts.

Failed troll.

Mac76
21-10-2021, 09:08 PM
Look at your avatar. Your signature. Your posts.

Failed troll.

Takes one to know one

Niall_Quinn
22-10-2021, 12:28 AM
Takes one to know one

Not really.

Xhaka Can’t
22-10-2021, 09:28 AM
Is anyone able to tell the difference between plain and tempered glass?

Asking for a friend.

GP
22-10-2021, 10:12 AM
Yes, tempered has a slightly less metallic taste.

Letters
22-10-2021, 11:57 AM
Is anyone able to tell the difference between plain and tempered glass?

Asking for a friend.
Something something refraction something something.

Globalgunner
22-10-2021, 12:18 PM
From what I know, Plain glass shatters into shards while tempered glass breaks into little granular pieces. If its tempered, there will be a little insignia saying so at a corner. Most (every) car glass is tempered. Luxury cars have tempered and laminated glass.

If there is no insignia or label, then you wont know till you break it.....

GP
27-10-2021, 08:22 PM
Korean subways are beautifully clean.

Globalgunner
28-10-2021, 09:11 AM
Korean subways are beautifully clean.

Are you talking about Trains or something else?

GP
28-10-2021, 01:54 PM
Sammiches

GP
28-10-2021, 01:54 PM
No, trains.

The Wengerbabies
04-11-2021, 01:25 AM
Coming on Monday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9H1uSS_zkk

Dexter :bow:

The ending of the original series sucked, let's hope they can make it up.

Xhaka Can’t
04-11-2021, 09:12 PM
Debs is back in it - so there is that. I guess she is replacing his Dad.

The ending of the last series sucked ass, but the end of quite a few big American series end up like that with a few exceptions, like Cheers.

GP
04-11-2021, 09:58 PM
Dexter was great for 3 seasons. John Lithgow :bow:

It was sweaty balls after that

Xhaka Can’t
05-11-2021, 10:04 AM
Did you watch season 7? I enjoyed that season.

The Wengerbabies
11-11-2021, 03:09 PM
Dexter was good, despite the shoehorning in of liberal box-ticking bullshit.

Xhaka Can’t
11-11-2021, 05:13 PM
I’ve still got to watch it but will be sure to do so while not looking to get too upset by looking into the political angle of everything

LDG
12-11-2021, 09:52 PM
I’ve still got to watch it but will be sure to do so while not looking to get too upset by looking into the political angle of everything

Do you mean you may watch TV eating some dinner, and record Eastenders?

Letters
13-11-2021, 03:22 PM
F is For Family

Thanks, Gary! :d