PDA

View Full Version : ten years since this

Ollie the Optimist
15-05-2014, 08:32 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/jan_13/gun__1357902370_invincibles2004.jpg

Played 38. Won 26, drawn 12, lost 0.

Ours is gold

Globalgunner
16-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Best set of players this club has ever had......Good times then. Who would have thought that ten years later we wouldn't have that trophy again.

Adore the flair players, Henry, Pires, Reyes et al, but Keown!. What a warrior, I`d consider invading North Korea on my own, if he was behind me....top fella.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Best set of players this club has ever had......Good times then. Who would have thought that ten years later we wouldn't have that trophy again.

Adore the flair players, Henry, Pires, Reyes et al, but Keown!. What a warrior, I`d consider invading North Korea on my own, if he was behind me....top fella.

Hate to sound contrary but I always preferred the 01/02 season

- Scored in every league game
- unbeaten away from home and 14 away wins
- First win at Anfield since 1992 acheived with ten men
- Winning the title at Old Trafford
- Doing the double over United
- Bergkamps goals at home to Leverkusen and away at Newcastle in consecutive fixtures
- Pires' lobbed goal at Villa
- Campbell joining us from Spurs

Don't get me wrong the invincible season was fantastic as well but this was a double season and two trophies is always better than one.

Globalgunner
16-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Nothing to split them, I love them both, squads I mean. All Arsenal, great memories.

The Wengerbabies
17-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Man that was a great team.

It all went downhill so quickly.

GP
17-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Man that was a great team.

It all went downhill so quickly.

Your face went downhill so quickly.

Özil's Panoramic View
17-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Your face went downhill so quickly.

:haha:

milla
17-05-2014, 09:06 PM
http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/ :haha:

Ernesto
18-05-2014, 06:38 AM
Hate to sound contrary but I always preferred the 01/02 season

- Scored in every league game
- unbeaten away from home and 14 away wins
- First win at Anfield since 1992 acheived with ten men
- Winning the title at Old Trafford
- Doing the double over United
- Bergkamps goals at home to Leverkusen and away at Newcastle in consecutive fixtures
- Pires' lobbed goal at Villa
- Campbell joining us from Spurs

Don't get me wrong the invincible season was fantastic as well but this was a double season and two trophies is always better than one.

:gp:

I think the 01/02 side had a grittier side to them. It wasn't much different, evidently, to the 03/04 squad, but had you put Adams in to face Chelsea in the CL QF of 04, we may have been looking at a different result entirely.

Great side was the Invincibles. I'm still left thinking of what might have been :(