PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction V's Saints COC

LDG
23-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Few useful players on show for both sides.

Lacked any support up front for Sanchez, with pods and campbell huffing and puffing.

Nice to see Diaby get some minutes and look good.

If we really wanted it, we would have put out a full side, but in all honesty, we don't have the squad for 4 comps.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Oh well.

It's only the COC.

LDG
23-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Also Rosicky right off the pace.

Is he back on the drugs?

adzzzbatch
23-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Disappointed :(

Kano
23-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Rosicky's first minutes of the season wasn't it? To be expected he'd be off the pace at his age.

Well, it's the FA Cup or bust this season.

PGFC
23-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Rosicky's first minutes of the season wasn't it? To be expected he'd be off the pace at his age.

Well, it's 4th place or bust this season.

:good:

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Buy Clyne in January before his price gets silly.

Bellerin good enough for the first team.

Jack with a glue sniffing performance.

Rosicky might as well have worn pyjamas.

Podolski just didn't get enough 100% inch perfect passes to his immobile feet.

Great freek kick for the goal but then every set piece thereafter was woeful.

Ospina not at all convincing and should never have been beaten from 35 yards.

Little bit sad when Chambers is effectively the senior man in the defence, but he handled it well.

Wenger :doh: Tactics, subs, the usual.

Diaby did okay, held onto the ball well. Didn't get injured, at least not on the pitch. But he still has to get home in one piece.

Should also mention that Jack put in an utterly spastic display.

Master Splinter
23-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Southampton :bow:. Well done to them.

We had a few good moments, but didn't put a concerted period of pressure on them after going behind. We were let down by senior players tonight. Rosicky giving away the pelanty and generally playing like a moron. Wilshere had a poor game. Podolski had about four touches. No flow up front and Sanchez was left to be a spark on his own.

The young defence did nothing wrong really and Bellerin and Hayden both look like really good players.

Diaby had a good first half, but reverted to Bad Diaby with some hospital touches in the second.

Disappointing to be out of a competition, but we rarely go out so early and sometimes you come up against a good opponent who play better than you and fully deserve to go through.

Shame Sanchez's free-kick had to come in a loss though. He's brilliant.

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2014, 08:55 PM

Well, it's the FA Cup or bust this season.

Would expect him to be subbed at some point but you know, Wenger. Instead Bellerin and Campbell taken off. LOL.

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Hope Soton go on and win it now.

BOBN
23-09-2014, 09:11 PM
All the "why doesnt he play Podolski" types :pal:

If a poorer player has ever taken 100k per week out of this game ive yet to see him.

Wengers worst ever signing.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Wenger :haha:

Injury Time
23-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Good job he's rotating the squad so we don't have any rusty playa, and not running Sanchez into the ground...oh..:ilt: glad I didn't go :scarf:

fakeyank
23-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Dont understand the tactics we use to play. Forget the loss, other than 5 minutes against Villa, we have looked clueless in most games this season.

Thierrymon
23-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Just woke up to the loss. Not a big deal really but still a bit a downer. The team we put out looked fairly strong so I would have expected us to beat them.

Also, Alexis' freekick :bow:

Marc Overmars
23-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Arsenal. :lol:

We were just poor, Southampton were comfortably better. Moments of quality were few and far between.

I know it was only the COC but we just haven't got going at all this season. Worrying.

Marc Overmars
23-09-2014, 10:10 PM

If a poorer player has ever taken 100k per week out of this game ive yet to see him.

Completely forgot he was on the pitch. Demonstrated exactly why Wenger thinks he's shit and barely gives him a sniff.

Xhaka Can’t
23-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Was talking at work today about using Rosicky more. Turns out I was talking shit.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-09-2014, 10:30 PM
Was talking at work today about using Rosicky more. Turns out I was talking shit.

Are you Wenger in disguise?

Injury Time
23-09-2014, 10:38 PM

He had a good game for his nation, must have got lost in hookers and fallen in some white powder :shrug:

Munchies
23-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Podolski :bow:

Expensive mascot!

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Arsenal: Ospina 4; Bellerin 5, Chambers 6.5, Hayden 5, Coquelin 5; Rosicky 5, Diaby 5.5; Campbell 5.5, Wilshere 5, Podolski 4; Sanchez 6.

Southampton: Forster 6; Clyne 8, Fonte 7, Gardos 7.5, Targett 7; Wanyama 6.5, Schneiderlin 9; Mane 7.5, Davis 7, Tadic 7.5; Pelle 7.

Hilarious ratings from Daily Turd.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
23-09-2014, 11:07 PM
So out of one tournament, one left to go.....

Xhaka Can’t
24-09-2014, 07:00 AM
I genuinely would like Southampton to win either the COC or FA Cup. Their player development is second to none, it is a shame that the football environment means that their best will be sold every year.

Their fans deserve more than the prospect of another fire sale at the end of the season.

BOBN
24-09-2014, 07:24 AM
Just shows how simple-minded Robbie Savage and the media are who predicted them to go down. Didnt even pause to consider whether the new players were any good or not, or the players left. And of course English players are naturally the greatest in the universe in their world.

Zomg day sold Lambert, Lallana and Shaw1!!1 RELEGATSHUN

People like Scheiderlein and Tadic have no business in a relegation battle.

I am invisible
24-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Didn't see the game, but it sounds like the youngsters did better than the experienced players?

Which is great, because those guys will probably be our first choice defence in a few weeks!

Power n Glory
24-09-2014, 08:56 AM

He’s too lazy. I once thought he should be playing up front but he got one game up front last season and was totally anonymous. Movement was non-existent and it was worse than Giroud’s on a bad day.

Penguin
24-09-2014, 10:18 AM
I had a close eye on Hayden to see if he could fill in as our 4th CB instead of Monreal but he looked out of his depth, which TBF is to be expected of an inexperienced CB against a strong Premier League side. Nacho it is then...

Marc Overmars
24-09-2014, 10:49 AM
He’s too lazy. I once thought he should be playing up front but he got one game up front last season and was totally anonymous. Movement was non-existent and it was worse than Giroud’s on a bad day.

He's one of the best finishers we have but when he rarely gets himself into positions to score it doesn't count for much really. I watched him closely last night and he just doesn't fit in at all. So stagnant and needs to be given everything on a plate, in the end he was a complete passenger and everyone forgot he was on the pitch.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-09-2014, 11:00 AM
How have we regressed so much in the space of a few months.

Last season we were organised, sharp and tactically efficient. Now it's gone back to utter shite .

Reminds me a bit of the 2011-12 season which was an absolute mind fuck. One minute we looked good the next we looked absolute dogshit.

Ollie the Optimist
24-09-2014, 01:17 PM
losing is bad whatever the match, but i just can't be bothered to get that upset about this one. The kids did alright last night, it was the senior players who let us down in podolski, rosicky and wilshere. All three were poor. Glad to Diaby get minutes and look good, if (and huge if) he stays fit for the season he can be a superb player for us. Campbell showed last night why he has barely played and podoslki should never play again, the twat doesn't move.

Dein-machine
24-09-2014, 01:30 PM
If we dont set out to win this cup - it is a total waste of time to be playing the likes of Jack, Chambers & Sanchez in these games. We run a big risk of injury to players that will be needed in important league games & we don't have a strong enough squad as it is.
If we dont won to win it, play fringe players & youngsters ONLY.
We shoudl all take this cup as seriously as Wenger does - then it doesn't hurt.

Marc Overmars
24-09-2014, 03:25 PM
I don't think anyone is hurt in all honesty, just disappointed that we've seen yet another crap performance to go with the several others this season. Frankly speaking most fans do share the same mentality about this competition as Wenger anyway - it is 2nd rate. Though on a personal level I would have liked a long run in this competition, can't knock the prices tbf.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-09-2014, 03:34 PM
losing is bad whatever the match, but i just can't be bothered to get that upset about this one. The kids did alright last night, it was the senior players who let us down in podolski, rosicky and wilshere. All three were poor. Glad to Diaby get minutes and look good, if (and huge if) he stays fit for the season he can be a superb player for us. Campbell showed last night why he has barely played and podoslki should never play again, the twat doesn't move.

:haha:

Angry Ollie :bow:

Grebbo
25-09-2014, 05:57 AM
I'm also getting a bit sick of Podolski tbh. Gets given a chance and then does nothing, doesn't even put some effort in. I'm sure we've tried to offload him but with the wages he's on we're stuck with him.

Bumble
25-09-2014, 06:51 AM
I'm also getting a bit sick of Podolski tbh. Gets given a chance and then does nothing, doesn't even put some effort in. I'm sure we've tried to offload him but with the wages he's on we're stuck with him.

think podolski is more interested in doing selfies on instagram than playing football.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
25-09-2014, 10:55 PM
I don't get why so many are soo blasé about losing. We can realistically win 2 trophies. We aren't out of September and we're already out of one those already. But hey who cares.....least we can watch our Prem and CL routine all over again! Ya know the one where we fall short and end the season at relief of finishing top 4.

Xhaka Can’t
26-09-2014, 06:54 AM
I should care, but I don't. It is a turd of a competition.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-09-2014, 09:35 AM
I don't get why so many are soo blasé about losing. We can realistically win 2 trophies. We aren't out of September and we're already out of one those already. But hey who cares.....least we can watch our Prem and CL routine all over again! Ya know the one where we fall short and end the season at relief of finishing top 4.

I have the FA Cup final on record. That's enough to keep me going for a while.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-09-2014, 09:46 AM

Post of the day tbh

Letters
27-09-2014, 11:15 AM
I don't get why so many are soo blasé about losing.

If we won the competition then it would give us exactly zero bragging rights.
There would be no open top bus parade (I hope!), no commemorative T-shirts.
No-one would be going into work on the Monday morning with a smug air, if they did they'd get laughed at as it's a competition no-one cares about any more.

So, while it's always nice to win games the already thin squad could do without more games so frankly my dear I don't give a crap.

GP
27-09-2014, 11:38 AM
I should care, but I don't. It is a turd of a competition.

I agree. Should be for Championship teams and below.

Marc Overmars
27-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Yep, get rid of that paint trophy thing and let them all compete for this.

Xhaka Can’t
27-09-2014, 12:32 PM
I don't think I've ever even seen a tin of Johnstone's Paints.

GP
27-09-2014, 12:34 PM
There's one in my shed. Think it was there when I moved in.

LDG
27-09-2014, 04:02 PM
There's one in my shed. Think it was there when I moved in.

I've got a mercantile credit in my shed from 1987.