PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Flavs
20-06-2011, 01:32 PM
he went in hard on him to which that pillock diaby got sent off and cost us the game.

Away point, thats all that matters

Master Splinter
20-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Would love to see bully Samba around as they do so easily with our current CBs

So you want Samba here to see him get bullied?

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 01:33 PM
he went in hard on him to which that pillock diaby got sent off and cost us the game.

Oh the sending off at St James Park. Good strong challenge, got the ball clearly and unless Barton is performed some kind of miracle, he couldnt stop and follwed through on Diaby.

Diaby sending off was his own fault. The challenge was fine and had one of our players done it, we'd be loving it.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 01:34 PM
So you want Samba here to see him get bullied?
Sarcasm...

Darth Vela
20-06-2011, 01:34 PM
can you see Samba in our shirt though? When it started circulating at Xmas we wanted him i have had a mental image of him in the red and white, roaring as he heads another stoke throw in away from goal while simultaneously headbutting Shawcross and giving Rob Huth a yoga noogie.

Hell yes, our very own monster to let loose on those who displease us, wouldn't bet on him making too many starts in our annual Barca games in the CL but if anyone could cause Busquets enough pain to make his writhing seem reasonable, Samba's our man,

In fact I think I'm going to have to go and lie down for a bit now before I get too excited.

Flavs
20-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Hell yes, our very own monster to let loose on those who displease us, wouldn't bet on him making too many starts in our annual Barca games in the CL but if anyone could cause Busquets enough pain to make his writhing seem reasonable, Samba's our man,

In fact I think I'm going to have to go and lie down for a bit now before I get too excited.

this

:loveblush:

Master Splinter
20-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I think the Samba fan club are setting themselves up for great disappointment.

Darth Vela
20-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Oh the sending off at St James Park. Good strong challenge, got the ball clearly and unless Barton is performed some kind of miracle, he couldnt stop and follwed through on Diaby.

Diaby sending off was his own fault. The challenge was fine and had one of our players done it, we'd be loving it.

Nah, it wasn't necessary at all, given it was right through Diaby's bad ankle I'd say there might have been an element of malice and aforethought too. Diaby was stupid to react to the little scrote though, you wait until he next has the ball and then smash him legally, that's the Premiership way.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-06-2011, 01:37 PM

Samba also scores a decent amout of goals too from corners as well.

Master Splinter
20-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Samba also scores a decent amout of goals too from corners
Let's hope Fabregas is not taking them then......

Flavs
20-06-2011, 01:39 PM

"There are 10 minutes left here and its Arsenal 6 Stoke 0 and its all getting a bit nasty as players look to settle scores as the game is essentially over. And whats this...the Arsenal fans appear to be chanting "Unleash the beast, unleash the beast" as Christopher Samba is taking his tracksuit off. Looking across the field a few of the Stoke players have gone very pale and Ryan Shawcross appears to be hiding behind Glenn Whelan"

Olivier's xmas twist
20-06-2011, 01:39 PM

agree with you 100%

Darth Vela
20-06-2011, 01:40 PM

Maybe, I'm not expecting him to carry it out from the back like Beckenbaur (apparently he did that, damn good at it on PES anyway) but just to carry all before him and climb a mountain of skulls to claim the Carling Cup, I don't think that's too much to ask.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-06-2011, 01:41 PM

Obvioulsy i meant headers, and you know this man

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 01:42 PM
With the signing of Samba, if it happens, hopefully its the sign of changing our defensive strategy as well cos continue as we are then Samba wont make one bit of difference.

Well apart from set pieces but then he cant mark all the opposing players in the box.

Master Splinter
20-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I meant let's hope Fabregas is not taking the corners, as:

a) he's shit at them

b) hopefully he's fecked off to Barca in a £60m deal.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I think you missed the point

Darth Vela
20-06-2011, 01:47 PM
With the signing of Samba, if it happens, hopefully its the sign of changing our defensive strategy as well cos continue as we are then Samba wont make one bit of difference.

Well apart from set pieces but then he cant mark all the opposing players in the box.

Given we conceded the least goals from open play in the entire league, I'd say that it's set-pieces where we need the help tbh. It's not the strategy that's at fault so much as the level of performances of the team as a whole, when we were hassling and actually working together as a team we were tight enough.

Flavs
20-06-2011, 01:48 PM
"There are 10 minutes left here and its Arsenal 6 Stoke 0 and its all getting a bit nasty as players look to settle scores as the game is essentially over. And whats this...the Arsenal fans appear to be chanting "Unleash the beast, unleash the beast" as Christopher Samba is taking his tracksuit off. Looking across the field a few of the Stoke players have gone very pale and Ryan Shawcross appears to be hiding behind Glenn Whelan"

And there is a sub for Stoke Here, Ryan Shawcross is coming of to be replaced by Salif Diao and to escape the attention of his fellow lumbering moron, Chris Samba. But wait ther is movement from the Arsenal bench, oh oh and it seems that Joey Barton is now putting a cigar out in Shawcross's eye.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Whilst its good we are being linked with CBs, CMs and a few strikers, its a bit worrying that we dont seem to be after a keeper.

Flavs
20-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Whilst its good we are being linked with CBs, CMs and a few strikers, its a bit worrying that we dont seem to be after a keeper.

Its all smoke and mirrors sunshine, Wenger barely ever reveals who he wants until they are signed. As i said in another thread i thin k come July 1st a load will go in already agreed moves and 2 or 3 will come in that have already been signed and none will be who we expect

Marc Overmars
20-06-2011, 01:58 PM
I'd like Samba here but I worry that he will catch Wengeritis and become just another chump we have at the back. Although I'm hoping that because he has been around long enough now in this league he will be immune to catching the deadly disease.

Still need a striker tbh. I imagine Gervinho will spend most of his time out wide.

Flavs
20-06-2011, 02:01 PM
I'd like Samba here but I worry that he will catch Wengeritis and become just another chump we have at the back. Although I'm hoping that because he has been around long enough now in this league he will be immune to catching the deadly disease.

Still need a striker tbh. I imagine Gervinho will spend most of his time out wide.

Dont tell anyone, but he is actually a left winger (shhhh)

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 02:02 PM

There is no cure for it im afraid.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Samba also scores a decent amout of goals too from corners as well.

Kos wasn't too bad at that last yeat tbh

Japan Shaking All Over
20-06-2011, 02:06 PM

I think MS knew that......he"s hoping that Cesc isn't the one taking the corners as if he is then Samba has no hope of scoring a goal:oldboy:

back me up here MS

selassie
20-06-2011, 02:15 PM

Yup, I don't think he's the answer, but he's an upgrade on JD, Kos & Squillaci, so that's a start.

The problem we have in Central Defence is that Arsene has bought so much junk over the years that literally anything will do.

Master Splinter
20-06-2011, 02:17 PM
I think MS knew that......he"s hoping that Cesc isn't the one taking the corners as if he is then Samba has no hope of scoring a goal:oldboy:

back me up here MS
A few posts up, I clarified what I meant.

Koscielny only scored three last season, but misssed about ten sitters too.

Vermaelen is back, so we should have a good threat from corners.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-06-2011, 02:27 PM
I think you missed the point

whats the point mate

I meant let's hope Fabregas is not taking the corners, as:

a) he's shit at them

b) hopefully he's fecked off to Barca in a £60m deal.
Them i apologise

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Daily Mail reports that we have to pay £12m for Samba.

We offered £10m but apparently Blackburn have to pay Sambas former club 15% of any fee they get so holding out for more

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 02:51 PM
http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/Images/worldcupbadges/chevronarsenal.pngGunners close-in on Enrique.

Newcastle left-back Jose Enrique is set to be the next player to leave St. James’ Park this summer and join Arsenal, The Times reports.

Enrique has been the rumour of an £12 million bid from Arsenal and with current Gunners left back Gael Clichy the target of a bid from Italian side AS Roma, the path is clear for the Spaniard to join Arsene Wenger’s side. The 25 year old Enrique has rejected a contract offer extension from Newcastle and with reported interest from Liverpool and Manchester City for Enrique’s services, Arsenal will have to act fast to get their man this summer.

Preliminary talks between Enrique’s agent and Arsenal representatives have taken place and it is highly expected that as soon as Clichy’s transfer to Roma is finalised, Enrique will be brought in to replace the French left back in North London.

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_1_8033_arsenal-news-gunners-close-in-on-enrique-matuidi-keen-on-move-nasri-ignore-the-rumours.html

:pray:

Master Splinter
20-06-2011, 02:58 PM
I doubt we'd spend £12m on a LB.

Least of all Enrique.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-06-2011, 03:05 PM
12 mil ouch......would like him at Arsenal but for tht price.......

if he is 12 mil then we should be asking for not too much less than that for Clichy, I hear 5 or 6 mil?

LDG
20-06-2011, 03:45 PM
QPR's Moroccan midfielder Adel Taarabt claims both Chelsea and Arsenal have been in contact over a potential summer transfer.
Full story: L'Equipe (French language) (http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110619_170442_taarabt-je-ne-regrette-rien.html)

:unsure:

Ollie the Optimist
20-06-2011, 04:50 PM
ok potentially massive transfer news here. from skysports twitter

@Skysports Arsenal have signed Karim Benzema on a 4 Year deal for £24.5Million

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Twitter :lol:

Marc Overmars
20-06-2011, 05:10 PM
12 mil ouch......would like him at Arsenal but for tht price.......

if he is 12 mil then we should be asking for not too much less than that for Clichy, I hear 5 or 6 mil?

If we want to buy a key player from another Prem side then that's the going rate sadly.

Toronto Gooner
20-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Twitter :lol:
Well it is the verb for the verbal actions of a twit, so what do you expect?

AKBapologist
20-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Portos manager and falcao seem to be off to Chelsea. Will be a shit season for us me thinks if true.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Portos manager and falcao seem to be off to Chelsea. Will be a shit season for us me thinks if true.

Nah Chelsea don't need falcao, Not sure why people are upset over porto's manager going to the chavs.

Not sure this guy will do that well

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Arsenal's Gael Clichy is a £7m target for Roma, and the Italian club are willing to sell striker Mirko Vucinic.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Only £7m? How the mighty has fallen

Toronto Gooner
21-06-2011, 01:03 AM
True but he has just one year left on his contract and is a left back.

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 06:40 AM
and he's shit.

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Spurs have apparantly entered the 'race' to sign Cahill.

They will offer Bassong in a swap deal.

ffs.

Flavs
21-06-2011, 08:39 AM

LAst year of his contract innit

Özim
21-06-2011, 08:52 AM
It amazes me we've let Clichy run down his contract as well, aren't we always saying 3/4 of our transfer budget is being taken up by new contracts?

Sure we may not have wanted to keep him, but to keep his transfer value up we should have negotiated a deal last year or sold him last summer.

Once again we look like losing a player for little money.

selassie
21-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Spurs have apparantly entered the 'race' to sign Cahill.

They will offer Bassong in a swap deal.

ffs.

I doubt we'll get Cahill and I don't think he's our first choice target, I think Samba is. I think Arsene sees Cahill as too expensive, what other reason would explain why he hasn't moved quickly for Cahill since losing out on Jones?

Come to think of it, I don't even know what's happening with the Samba deal...we want be careful with the Samba deal because it wouldn't surprise me if we miss out on him if we keep dithering and haggling.

selassie
21-06-2011, 08:55 AM
True but he has just one year left on his contract and is a left back.

So has Cahill but Bolton want 15mill minimum for him. I'm surprised Clichy commands such a low fee irrespective of his contract length, I would of thought he could command 10mill easily.

Özim
21-06-2011, 08:56 AM
I doubt we'll get Cahill and I don't think he's our first choice target, I think Samba is. I think Arsene sees Cahill as too expensive, what other reason would explain why he hasn't moved quickly for Cahill since losing out on Jones?

Come to think of it, I don't even know what's happening with the Samba deal...we want be careful with the Samba deal because it wouldn't surprise me if we miss out on him if we keep dithering and haggling.
I agree with this, Cahill is outside our budget. As for Samba we're dragging our heels again, it might be we're just not willing to pay the asking price.

If we're not then we should forget about him and move on, at the end of the day he's contracted and if we won't pay up we can't expect to get him cut price. Just like Barca shouldn't expect a cut price deal for Cesc.

We never seem to get transfer deals warpped up quickly though, it's really annoying.

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 09:06 AM
I think we'll wrap up our transfer dealings within the first 2 weeks of July, so the new team is ready to start in Asia.

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 09:08 AM
I also hear that we sold some of the land around the emirates to Barrat homes yesterday, which boosted the transfer kitty to £60m.

Is that true?

Flavs
21-06-2011, 09:08 AM
I think we'll wrap up our transfer dealings within the first 2 weeks of July, so the new team is ready to start in Asia.

Been saying it for 2 months now mate, i think we have already signed/sold most of what we are going to do.

Flavs
21-06-2011, 09:10 AM
I also hear that we sold some of the land around the emirates to Barrat homes yesterday, which boosted the transfer kitty to £60m.

Is that true?

who knows mate, that deal did happen as did the new sponsorship but whether that money will be used i dont know. There were rumours that Stan had put in £20mil as well and if he has i would expect Ulisher to match that so we could have a considerable amount to spend, the thing in the way, rigthly or wrongly, is Wengers morals

Özim
21-06-2011, 09:10 AM
If that's the case why haven't we announced it?

Other clubs have announced their signings, nothing stops us confirming signings like everyone else.

I reckon all our attempted deals are still being handled and that we're haggling on price as usual. It makes sense to announce signings, firstly to show the fans something is being done and secondly to sell season tickets.

LDG
21-06-2011, 09:13 AM
If that's the case why haven't we announced it?

Other clubs have announced their signings, nothing stops us confirming signings like everyone else.

I reckon all our attempted deals are still being handled and that we're haggling on price as usual. It makes sense to announce signings, firstly to show the fans something is being done and secondly to sell season tickets.

Who has announced what??

Utd have just about anounced Jones....nothing on Ashley Young yet.

I know Newcastle signed some cunt from Lille.

But that's about all the big stuff I can think of.....

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Been saying it for 2 months now mate, i think we have already signed/sold most of what we are going to do.

I think we have the deals done in principle, but the signatures etc left to do on July 1st. I really dont think we will hang around as much as we usually do.

Özim
21-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Who has announced what??

Utd have just about anounced Jones....nothing on Ashley Young yet.

I know Newcastle signed some cunt from Lille.

But that's about all the big stuff I can think of.....
Liverpool signed that Henderson fella too.

My point is that the fans are p*ssed off and it makes sense to announce signings ASAP from our point of view.

That's why I don't reckon we have anything finalised at all, moreover the selling clubs often announce sales/agreements.

server too busy!
21-06-2011, 09:16 AM
ok potentially massive transfer news here. from skysports twitter

@Skysports Arsenal have signed Karim Benzema on a 4 Year deal for £24.5Million

Where's the article on the website etc if true? Is Skysports twitter actually skysports?

LDG
21-06-2011, 09:17 AM
I think we have the deals done in principle, but the signatures etc left to do on July 1st. I really dont think we will hang around as much as we usually do.

Exactly. We can't officially sign anyone from outside the prem until 1st July. And it would be stupid to do so.

As far as players from The Prem are concerned, there could be any number of reasons why we can't announce signings. For one, if a club is letting a player go, they have to replace them too....and if their replacement comes from outside England, then they're not going to want to let a player go until they're confident they have a signature.

Fucksake.

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 09:17 AM
I actually think that the deals virtually wrapped up are:

Samba
Cahill
Gervinho

All 3 just need to dot the i's and cross the t's.

LDG
21-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Liverpool signed that Henderson fella too.

My point is that the fans are p*ssed off and it makes sense to announce signings ASAP from our point of view.

That's why I don't reckon we have anything finalised at all, moreover the selling clubs often announce sales/agreements.

WE CAN'T OFFICIALLY SIGN ANYONE FROM OUTSIDE OF THE DOMESTIC LEAGUE UNTIL 1st JULY.

We'd be stupid to announce something before it's properly ratified.

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Where's the article on the website etc if true? Is Skysports twitter actually skysports?

I couldnt even find that post on the @skysports twitter feed, so I think its BS.

Özim
21-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Exactly. We can't officially sign anyone from outside the prem until 1st July. And it would be stupid to do so.

As far as players from The Prem are concerned, there could be any number of reasons why we can't announce signings. For one, if a club is letting a player go, they have to replace them too....and if their replacement comes from outside England, then they're not going to want to let a player go until they're confident they have a signature.

Fucksake.
We can't officially sign them till July but we can have the deal as good as done. As for replacing players who are leaving, I've long said we should do that, but it doesn't seem to be the way it works.

Özim
21-06-2011, 09:20 AM
WE CAN'T OFFICIALLY SIGN ANYONE FROM OUTSIDE OF THE DOMESTIC LEAGUE UNTIL 1st JULY.

We'd be stupid to announce something before it's properly ratified.
I'm well aware of that, they can't officially sign till the 1st but you'll find the selling clubs often come out and confirm agreements before.

Besides, last time I looked Samba is playing in the PL.

LDG
21-06-2011, 09:22 AM
We can't officially sign them till July but we can have the deal as good as done. As for replacing players who are leaving, I've long said we should do that, but it doesn't seem to be the way it works.

We can have the deal all but done, yes. But we won't announce it until it is done.

From a fans point of view, what would be more annoying, announcing a player, only for the deal to fall through....or just getting them signed and announcing it in a couple of weeks when it's official?

Özim
With regards signings, I'll believe it when I see it.....too many false dawns for us, seems people are falling into the trap of believing media BS so far.

Even the rumour of signing Benzema for 24.5 million, now come on would we spend that kind of money.....like f*ck we would.

A lot of this stuff is wishful thinking rather than reality IMO, look at our transfer activity in recent years.

server too busy!

Samba
Cahill
Gervinho

I think we've signed Oxlade as its all gone quiet for all teams. The others we're still haggling for.

LDG
I'm well aware of that, they can't officially sign till the 1st but you'll find the selling clubs often come out and confirm agreements before.

Besides, last time I looked Samba is playing in the PL.

Maybe we're not signing Samba!

Flavs

Fucksake.

the club didnt officially announce we signed Chamakh until the window opened even though we all knew it was done, same with Eduardo, Kos, Reyes and RvP. We are a quiet club about transfers, deliberately so we dont get raided by the likes of Madrid and Citeh. Its a better way IMO

Özim
21-06-2011, 09:23 AM
We can have the deal all but done, yes. But we won't announce it until it is done.

From a fans point of view, what would be more annoying, announcing a player, only for the deal to fall through....or just getting them signed and announcing it in a couple of weeks when it's official?
Once clubs have agreed and a player is happy with the terms I can't see a deal falling through. Sure they can't sign on the dotted line till July but they can be as good as signed well before that. There's been plenty of examples in the past.

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 09:24 AM

Well thats the point, Im sure that we have deals already in place. Most of the stories about Samba, Cahill and Gervinho are press bollox to keep the stories alive to sell papers for a few more weeks.

Then there is also the issue of players being away on holiday etc.

LDG
I think we've signed Oxlade as its all gone quiet for all teams. The others we're still haggling for.

Yeah, Chambermaid is a done deal so I believe.

Think Gervinho is another that's pretty certain.

Flavs

cough Hangeland cough

LDG
the club didnt officially announce we signed Chamakh until the window opened even though we all knew it was done, same with Eduardo, Kos, Reyes and RvP. We are a quiet club about transfers, deliberately so we dont get raided by the likes of Madrid and Citeh. Its a better way IMO

:gp:

Özim
21-06-2011, 09:25 AM
That's the likely reason.....likewise Cahill :lol:

I reckon Gervinho is the most likely deal, but Lille aren't that keen on selling so that's not guaranteed either yet.

Flavs
21-06-2011, 09:25 AM
We must also be signing someone from South America as Wenger was there for 10 days before he went on holiday :unsure:

Would be funny as fuck if it was Neymar

Özim
21-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Precisely we knew those were done deals in advance to be honest.

None of that applies to the current deals we're talking about though.

Flavs
21-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Precisely we knew those were done deals in advance to be honest.

None of that applies to the current deals we're talking about though.

:blink: We only knew about Chamakh because Tigana mentioned to the press he wouldnt be there when he took over as manager, we didnt have a clue on any of the others until they announced by the club.

Flavs
21-06-2011, 09:32 AM
I couldnt even find that post on the @skysports twitter feed, so I think its BS.

I think he meant t post that O Hara has gone to Wolves fom Spurs...

Özim
21-06-2011, 09:32 AM
:blink: We only knew about Chamakh because Tigana mentioned to the press he wouldnt be there when he took over as manager, we didnt have a clue on any of the others until they announced by the club.
The Chamakh thing was done and dusted long before, it was obvious he was coming.

The other deals we didn't have rumour flying around about, we do with players we're supposedly interested in. In fact with Samba Blackburn have said they want to keep him and want more money anyway, Lille have said they offered Gervinho a new contract to ward off interest, Cahill there's been nothing said about (other than media BS), then there's the South American nobodies who are distinct possibilities as they're cheap.

Incidentally we've already know Jenkinson is coming, nothing stopped us signing him.

LDG
21-06-2011, 09:33 AM
:ilt:

Özim
21-06-2011, 09:36 AM
That's your best bet as you're not going to convince me with any of this media BS.

Gervinho is the most likely deal, but that's not a done deal with either...his club have said as much. The other potential deals we've been linked with are either BS or nowhere near completion.

You guys never learn :sulk:

Flavs
21-06-2011, 09:37 AM

:lol:

also the rumours about Metersacker have stopped, perhaps we have goen for him as a DM with Bendy moving the other way? and hopefully Rosicky as well

Özim
21-06-2011, 09:39 AM

also the rumours about Metersacker have stopped, perhaps we have goen for him as a DM with Bendy moving the other way? and hopefully Rosicky as well
Hopefully not, he's as mobile as a barge and generally sh*t.

LDG
I'm not sold on any signing either. I won't believe any of it until it's official. But I'm not pissed off about it, because I'm hopeful we'll be making a few signings, and announcing them as we usually do.

If we've done fuck all in the market by 31st of July, and not made the glaringly obvious signings we need to, come back to me and say "I told you so", and I'll happily drive you round to Arsene Wenger's where we can both cut down his rose bushes, piss in his tool shed, and shit through his letter box (me first on the last one).

:good:

KSE Comedy Club
Once clubs have agreed and a player is happy with the terms I can't see a deal falling through. Sure they can't sign on the dotted line till July but they can be as good as signed well before that. There's been plenty of examples in the past.

You say that but look what happened with utd and jones' move.

It was a done deal at £16m then blackburn changed the asking price. If that happens to us then we're out as we wont be pushed to pay extra after a fee has been agreed.

selassie
21-06-2011, 09:41 AM

Samba
Cahill
Gervinho

We won't sign both Samba & Cahill, i'm 101% sure of that.

Özim
21-06-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm not sold on any signing either. I won't believe any of it until it's official. But I'm not pissed off about it, because I'm hopeful we'll be making a few signings, and announcing them as we usually do.

If we've done fuck all in the market by 31st of July, and not made the glaringly obvious signings we need to, come back to me and say "I told you so", and I'll happily drive you round to Arsene Wenger's where we can both cut down his rose bushes, piss in his tool shed, and shit through his letter box (me first on the last one).

I'm not p*ssed off either, the only deals I believe are the ones discussed by the selling clubs (i.e Gervinho), the rest are tabloid nonsense unless someone credible says otherwise.

I'm definitely not falling into the trap of believing we'll do the necessary in the transfer market though, been there done that got the t-shirt don't believe it anymore.

Özim
21-06-2011, 09:44 AM
You say that but look what happened with utd and jones' move.

It was a done deal at £16m then blackburn changed the asking price. If that happens to us then we're out as we wont be pushed to pay extra after a fee has been agreed.
That's true but they sorted that and he's now their's.

The selling club is the one you're interested in though, they're the ones who confirm deals before the deadline....most of the deals mentioned have been refuted by those clubs thus far, for monetary or other reasons.

selassie
21-06-2011, 09:51 AM
We must also be signing someone from South America as Wenger was there for 10 days before he went on holiday :unsure:

Possibly that Alvarez guy, though he's an AM/Winger.

LDG
21-06-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm not p*ssed off either, the only deals I believe are the ones discussed by the selling clubs (i.e Gervinho), the rest are tabloid nonsense unless someone credible says otherwise.

I'm definitely not falling into the trap of believing we'll do the necessary in the transfer market though, been there done that got the t-shirt don't believe it anymore.

We can only hope :shrug:

Like I said at the end of the season. We're stuck with Arsene, and therefore we just have to hope he sorts the mess out.

If he doesn't, I hope the resulting anger from the fans will see him out by Christmas.

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 09:52 AM
We won't sign both Samba & Cahill, i'm 101% sure of that.

Your probably right, but there's always a chance.

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 09:55 AM
That's true but they sorted that and he's now their's.

The selling club is the one you're interested in though, they're the ones who confirm deals before the deadline....most of the deals mentioned have been refuted by those clubs thus far, for monetary or other reasons.

Unless we have asked for an embargo on any announcements until a certain date when they can be announced by us.

That has happened before when we have bought players, the selling club hasnt said anything until after we have announced the signing

Özim
21-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Unless we have asked for an embargo on any announcements until a certain date when they can be announced by us.

That has happened before when we have bought players, the selling club hasnt said anything until after we have announced the signing
We'll see I guess, but I reckon if we had signed someone the player or club would have said something....it's usually the way. We could have signed someone who's not been mentioned in the press of course, that's possible though I don't like the sound of that so much as they're often the lesser players...

LDG
21-06-2011, 10:11 AM
If I was to lay a little money on it;

1 x CB from the prem (Samba, Cahill, Hangeland...dunno, take your pick)
1 x LB (assuming Clichy goes)
1 x Forward (likely Gervinho)
3 x kids (Jenko done, chambermaid done, and looks like Alverez from South America)

1 x big signing (dunno who, but I reckon someone like Benzema / Eto'o)

Out:

One of Cesc or Nasri
Clichy
Bender
Denilson

selassie
21-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah, Chambermaid is a done deal so I believe.

Think Gervinho is another that's pretty certain.

Yup, I'd go with that.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-06-2011, 10:29 AM

wouldnt it just

Id probably be laughing so much that I dont notice the piano falling from 10 floors up, about the crush my head kill thus deprieving me of the chance to watch play for my beloved Gunners:rose:

Darth Vela
21-06-2011, 10:35 AM

Blackburn have talked about Samba coming here as well, so you can put a little more stock in that rumour too. Although, I don't believe anything's going to happen until it's on Arsenal.com either, far easier than believing all the BS and getting yourself hyped (or tattooed if you're a Citeh fan :lol:) for something that doesn't happen.

Darth Vela
21-06-2011, 10:37 AM
We'll see I guess, but I reckon if we had signed someone the player or club would have said something....it's usually the way. We could have signed someone who's not been mentioned in the press of course, that's possible though I don't like the sound of that so much as they're often the lesser players...

Alvarez is 24 I think, that'll be a first team signing rather than a kid to go into the Reserves and compete for a squad place, I'd be relatively happy with that summer if it happened tbh.

Balls, that was in reply to LDG, not that post. Stupid quoting system.

Özim
21-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Blackburn have talked about Samba coming here as well, so you can put a little more stock in that rumour too. Although, I don't believe anything's going to happen until it's on Arsenal.com either, far easier than believing all the BS and getting yourself hyped (or tattooed if you're a Citeh fan :lol:) for something that doesn't happen.
Samba's been mentioned yes, though they said they want to keep him and want more money which could be a problem.

But yeah in essence no point getting excited / tattooed for deals that may not happen anyway.

LDG
21-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Alvarez is 24 I think, that'll be a first team signing rather than a kid to go into the Reserves and compete for a squad place, I'd be relatively happy with that summer if it happened tbh.

Balls, that was in reply to LDG, not that post. Stupid quoting system.

Is he now....didn't realise that.

In that case.

Who the fuck is he, and why haven't I heard of him.

Darth Vela
21-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Ah yeah, they'll be feeling embarrassed over the Jones fiasco as well so they'll be as stubborn as ever.

Ollie the Optimist
21-06-2011, 10:47 AM

Samba
Cahill
Gervinho

this. i agree as i think we will announce them all together etc. and according to twitter (yes yes not always right) but a lot of the people on there believe that wenger is waiting for all to be done and dusted and reveal then

Özim
21-06-2011, 10:50 AM
this. i agree as i think we will announce them all together etc. and according to twitter (yes yes not always right) but a lot of the people on there believe that wenger is waiting for all to be done and dusted and reveal then
Don't forget Benzema!

Özim
21-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Is he now....didn't realise that.

In that case.

Who the fuck is he, and why haven't I heard of him.
Also didn't the poster based in South America say he wouldn't be a great signing based on what he's seen?

AKBapologist
21-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Andre Villas Boas has resigned as coach of #FCP and requested to exercise the release clause in his contract. Official on SSN now.

:popcorn:

LDG
21-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Also didn't the poster based in South America say he wouldn't be a great signing based on what he's seen?

What a poster from here??

Oh.

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 11:10 AM
How has Usmanov increased his share percentage, who sold to him?

The details seem to be very scant.

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Andre Villas Boas has resigned as coach of #FCP and requested to exercise the release clause in his contract. Official on SSN now.

:popcorn:

Yeh it was obvious it was gonna be him as soon as it was mentioned that Chavs didnt offer Porto enough money. Only a matter of time before Roman put his hand in his pocket again.

AKBapologist
21-06-2011, 11:16 AM
@OptaJean "Since his arrival in France in 2007, Gervinho has completed more dribbles (231) than any other Ligue 1 player. Skills."

"Hazard who?"

Also.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6998907,00.html?

Surprised Hiddink wasn't recruited. Seems like he's interested in inter.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6998944,00.html?

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 11:18 AM
SSN:

AVB's resignation will only be honoured once they recieve the release clause fee.

Should be done in an hour or so then.

Özim
21-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Hazard would have been an interesting buy, but Lille aren't interested in offers for him as he's very much their star and they feel he could get a lot better.

They seem willing to lose other players as long as they keep hold of him.

KSE Comedy Club
21-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Just got this bit from ANR regards to Usmanov:

Usmanov now has 29% of Arsenal's shares.
That's interesting in the light of what Matt Scott wrote last week.
Matt’s an Arsenal supporter whose Arsenal stories are very well-sourced, so he has earned respect from discerning Gooners for quite a while now.
Matt said that if Usmanov can increase his stake above 30%, the metals magnate reckons he can "make sure things are done properly".
This is because Premier League rules give anybody with over 30% of a club the same access to management accounts as any director. Usmanov would then know the wages paid to every Arsenal player.
When I read that Digger column last Wednesday, June 15, I thought, “What a good story "

Key paragraph : The rules state that anyone with a stake of more than 30% is considered to exercise "control" over a club's policies, affairs or management. This confers the right to have access to "brief particulars of each material transaction sufficient to identify its date, its amount and nature". These "material transactions" include all transfer fees, player remuneration and payments to agents and other third parties.

LDG
21-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Just got this bit from ANR regards to Usmanov:

That could mean more trouble than it's worth.

He could effectively start blabbing to the media releasing all kinds of sensitive information.

Toronto Gooner
21-06-2011, 11:50 AM
That could mean more trouble than it's worth.

He could effectively start blabbing to the media releasing all kinds of sensitive information.
It will all depend on hoe many shares Kroenke manages to vacuum up.

Fist of Lehmann
21-06-2011, 11:56 AM
What a poster from here??

Oh.

I'm sure there was a Ricky Alvarez thread but I can't find it. The guy in South America was elreactor, he seems pretty grounded so I trust his opinion, not like some of the emo bumburglars around here.

Can't remember what he said though. What the hell happened to that thread?

LDG
21-06-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm sure there was a Ricky Alvarez thread but I can't find it. The guy in South America was elreactor, he seems pretty grounded so I trust his opinion, not like some of the emo bumburglars around here.

Can't remember what he said though. What the hell happened to that thread?

It's on old GW.

Emo Bumburglars? :haha:
El says:

Honestly I haven´t seen much of him. I know though that he is constantly praised by the press, along with Maxi Moralez and Juan Manuel Martínez, which are the most notable highlights of the great team that Velez has been forming in the last years. They´ve been promoting young players of their own, mixing with older ones, and the results are very good. Semi final in Libertadores and serious candidates for the local title (they´re leading atm and the rest are very irregular, or, let´s face it, quite shit).

Now this surely is a smokescreen while Wenger, undetected, signs Denilson´s brother to make him stay for sentimental reasons.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/goonersweb/index.php?showtopic=47874&hl=

Fist of Lehmann
21-06-2011, 12:14 PM
So "Not seen much of him but gets good press" = "Not a great signing" now?

:lol: Must update GW dictionary.

Özim
21-06-2011, 12:38 PM
It's on old GW.

Emo Bumburglars? :haha:
El says:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/goonersweb/index.php?showtopic=47874&hl=
Ok found the bit from that thread now not from ElReactor though:

Joel Richards (specialises in Argentine football) thinks he's been one of the three best players in the Apertura this season.

Karsen Tor-Kristian is a scout for a top European club, was more damning in his assessment (bear in mind Alvarez did his cruciate knee ligament in 2008 so his development stalled a bit):

karlsentk Tor-Kristian Karlsen
and to be honest, i still have serious doubts that this alleged interest is at all genuine (spamming over)

if he was 17-18 i'd understand european top clubs making a move, but at 23 i find it hard to believe that he'll reach a top european level

could maybe do ok as a wide player but to me he lacks the patience, tactical understanding of the game and vision to succeed in the middle

plays in bursts, 10 mins he's active only to disappear and take a break for the next 15, inconsistent. scores few goals, few assists

however, to me he looks like a street footballer - poor decision making; picks up ball, runs at people, but often away from danger areas

brilliant left foot, dribbling skils are first class - also physically well-built (tall but relatively slight)

watched player a few times this spring/winter: central attacking mf ("the new pastore" - he isn't) with excellent technical attributes

some words on ricardo alvarez (velez sarsfield) strongly linked with arsenal. just a personal opinion, some people may disagree (cool)

selassie
21-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Ok found the bit from that thread now not from ElReactor though:

I personally feel that signing Alvarez would be another unnecessary gamble. We have way too many "Project Players" in the team/squad as it is.

Özim
21-06-2011, 12:41 PM
I personally feel that signing Alvarez would be another unnecessary gamble. We have way too many "work in progress" type players in the team/squad as it is.
Yeah I'd agree with that too, we need proven players now to move forward.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Schalke midfielder Jose Manuel Jurado is wanted by Arsenal and could cost £7.5m.
Full story: the Sun (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3649167/Arsenal-are-chasing-Schalke-midfielder-Jose-Manuel-Jurado.html)

yay

Kaiser
21-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Average player. Nice goal in the CL semi-final at Old Trafford though.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Reports in Italy say Eto'o will hold talks with PSG.

Wtf?

If thats the type of team hes looking at, we should go in for him.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-06-2011, 03:16 PM
no way! what ever for?

got to be Italian paper BS

Master Splinter
21-06-2011, 04:31 PM
PSG are the new Citeh.

Özim
21-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Reports in Italy say Eto'o will hold talks with PSG.

Wtf?

If thats the type of team hes looking at, we should go in for him.
They've got very rich owners now.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 04:40 PM
We have the Yank.....oh

Time for Usmanov asap

Bergkampwonderland10
21-06-2011, 08:01 PM

I really bloody hope so.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Wengers smokescreens :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-06-2011, 09:51 PM
I really bloody hope so.

You aint the only one

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 07:05 AM
what happened to the Monday press conference or is that lost in the multitude of pages this thread has grown into?

Injury Time
22-06-2011, 07:51 AM
what happened to the Monday press conference or is that lost in the multitude of pages this thread has grown into?

I believe that was a long standing joke from 606/ early GW :console:

LDG
22-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Where's the "uhen will Nasri sign" thread from three years ago?

Still hasn't signe

Flavs
22-06-2011, 08:21 AM
[QUOTE=Marc Overmars;117:0]It's ceen resbheduled for Friday.

Press conference at 7.[/QUNTE]

I fricking tell you, confgrence on July t(e first with the announcing of new signangs and(players that have left.

Nutkins
22-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Eurosport
ARSENAL: The Gunners are to step up their cttempts to sign West Brom's Nigerian striker Peter Odemwingie. \he 29-year-old has just one year left oN his contract at the Hawthorns,!and Ars?ne Wencer has made an official approach - but Odemwingie has rejected a deal sm far due to the stingy wages on offer

We suck.

Riverman
22-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Eurosport
ARSENAL: The Gunners are to step up their attempts to sign West Brom's Nigerian striker Pater Odemwingie. The 29-9ear-old has jusp one year left on his contract at the H`wthorns, and Arsène Wenger has made an official approach - but Odemwingie has rejected a deal so far due to the stingy(wages oj offer

We suck.

:haha:

Arsene taking the piqs to wind up GW

Arsene WUMger :bow:.

AKBapologist
22-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Both

Flavs
22-06-2011, 09:15 AM
[QUNTE=AKBapologist;11734]Both[/QUOTE]

Master Splinter
22-06-2011, 09:17 AM
West Brom reject Odemwingie talk June 22, 2011

West Brom have said they are not considering the sale of striker Peter Odemwingie, despite reported interest from Arsenal.

Odemwingie scored 15 goals in all competitions last season and piqued the interest of both Chelsea and Arsenal with his performances, with reports from Africa claiming that the Nigerian had agreed a move to the Emirates.

However, West Brom technical director Dan Ashworth maintained that no contact had been made over the star and that talks are still ongoing about him signing a new deal at the Hawthorns.

He told the Birmingham Mail: "Our aim is to retain our core players and try to strengthen our squad around them. I want to make it clear that Peter Odemwingie is not for sale and remains a key member of our squad.

"We have not received any offers for Peter and we have placed no valuation on his head."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/929647/west-brom-reject-perter-odemwingie-transfer-talk?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5739

KSE Comedy Club
22-06-2011, 09:22 AM
He was hoping for a big payday.

A source close to Odemwingie said: “Peter is not happy that, while the Gunners are willing to meet West Brom’s transfer fee, there will not be much change in his personal terms
“The club are proposing what he considers to be peanuts for him.”

Makes me laugh. Like he would be earning shit loads elsewhere if he wasnt playing for west brom :haha:

If we were interested (which I doubt as this story is clearly shitrag bollox) we would have been giving him the opportunity to play in the top tier of football, CL, etc.

Oh well, fuck off to spuds then, twat.

server too busy!
22-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Man this is shit, its all gone quiet. I don't want to wait till July to find out who we've signed.

Master Splinter
22-06-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't want to wait till July to find out who we've signed.
Why? Will a June announcement make them become better players?

Özim
22-06-2011, 09:35 AM
No but it'll make signings a reality rather than media BS.

Master Splinter
22-06-2011, 09:41 AM
No but it'll make signings a reality rather than media BS.

They'll be real in July or August too.

And why pay heed to media BS? As long as some good additions are made, that's all that matters.

server too busy!
22-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Well lets hope Nasri stays around long enough to find out. Also lets be honest, we haven't heard anything because there is nothing to hear.

Master Splinter
22-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Well lets hope Nasri stays around long enough to find out. Also lets be honest, we haven't heard anything because there is nothing to hear.
That gay lezzer can piss off. And Gervinho is pretty much certain to sign :good:. I'll change my name to Krang if he doesn't.

AKBapologist
22-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Lille are asking for more money.

Meanwhile...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/22/chelsea-confirm-andre-villas-boas

A gooner friend of mine said "I might start stop watching footy all together, life's too short to be messed around by this club"

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 10:31 AM
And so the fun begins Star have this

ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS will launch his Chelsea revolution by making a move for Inter Milan’s Samuel Eto’o.

any hopes of ours are blasted out of the water by the appointment of this guy

Ligue 1 lock up all your talent - Wenger is on the prowl and he has a whole 500,000 pounds in his pocket

KSE Comedy Club
22-06-2011, 11:15 AM
You wont hear anything concrete until July.

FFS, stop fucking whinning and be patient.

KSE Comedy Club
22-06-2011, 11:15 AM
And so the fun begins Star have this

any hopes of ours are blasted out of the water by the appointment of this guy

Ligue 1 lock up all your talent - Wenger is on the prowl and he has a whole 500,000 pounds in his pocket

We were never going to get Eto'o anyway :shrug:

Özim
22-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Lille are asking for more money.

Meanwhile...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/22/chelsea-confirm-andre-villas-boas

A gooner friend of mine said "I might start stop watching footy all together, life's too short to be messed around by this club"
I seriously hope this guy isn't as good as Mourinho was.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 11:22 AM
You wont hear anything concrete until July.

FFS, stop fucking whinning and be patient.

all hail the master of self-restraint:bow:

save it Jeeb, you know there is no better way to wind down the last hour at work than to feast on tabloid journalism and to translate it back onto GW in the form of spineless pessimism

Im not youre enemy

AKBapologist
22-06-2011, 11:30 AM
"Tottenham, and I hope the English fans will forgive me, are a club in mid-table and I need more" Samuel Eto'o

KSE Comedy Club
22-06-2011, 11:32 AM
all hail the master of self-restraint:bow:

save it Jeeb, you know there is no better way to wind down the last hour at work than to feast on tabloid journalism and to translate it back onto GW in the form of spineless pessimism

Im not youre enemy

That wasnt aimed at anyone in particular :)

Just a general, 'chill the fuck out' comment.

We will be seeing changes at the club this summer, I think maybe even as many as 5-6 new faces. Wenger has to get it right this time, no-one will forgive him if he doesnt.

I just dont know why people expect us to have all our business completed already? Players will be on holiday, doing other stuff, etc so deals may have already been thrashed out but nothing will be concrete until next friday onwards.

As much as I like reading these rumours, it ultimately leads to dissapointment, when we get linked to top players etc and they never materialise.

Özim
22-06-2011, 11:37 AM
We will be seeing changes at the club this summer, I think maybe even as many as 5-6 new faces. Wenger has to get it right this time, no-one will forgive him if he doesnt.
Hate to say it but he doesn't give a toss what people think other than the board, he's always done things his way and ignored any calls for signings etc

Best not get your hopes up, inevitably you'll be left disappointed. He's had plenty of chances to put things right and never has, that's all you need to know.

Gervinho looks likely, he's a Wenger signing all the way though, not too expensive, plays in France, not the star of the team, likes to get forward and athletic.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-06-2011, 11:40 AM
I seriously hope this guy isn't as good as Mourinho was.

Highly doubt he is, but has the potential to be and if he what the feck can anyone do about it.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 11:50 AM
That wasnt aimed at anyone in particular :)

Just a general, 'chill the fuck out' comment.

I just dont know why people expect us to have all our business completed already? Players will be on holiday, doing other stuff, etc so deals may have already been thrashed out but nothing will be concrete until next friday onwards.

As much as I like reading these rumours, it ultimately leads to dissapointment, when we get linked to top players etc and they never materialise.

I do agree, tbh this is the first year that I have got on board this early pre season, maybe had something to do with new website:good:

But maybe it also has something to do with the desire to see something done, a couple of CBs like Kos and Squidlacci is not going to do. . . .

I too, have felt let down by the dealings of the club in the past, the wait on the last day of August for nothing to materialise, Wengers January comments (which are about as regular and predictable as the Queens speech!) that we dont need to strengthen the current squad

I hope that we have something to cheer but the up and downs ate part and parcel of being a football fan, could be worse. . . could be linked with Crouch!

Forever your loyal disciple

KSE Comedy Club
22-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Hate to say it but he doesn't give a toss what people think other than the board, he's always done things his way and ignored any calls for signings etc

Best not get your hopes up, inevitably you'll be left disappointed. He's had plenty of chances to put things right and never has, that's all you need to know.

Gervinho looks likely, he's a Wenger signing all the way though, not too expensive, plays in France, not the star of the team, likes to get forward and athletic.
Yeh, but somethings different this time.

In the AST meeting, Gazidis actually said that we would see a turnover of the playing staff, some would be sold and new players will be added.

Thats never been said quite so exactly before in the last few years. This year the fans are starting to turn and ultimately if things arent different next season and all the fans loose faith in the first couple of months, Wenger will be out on his ear.

server too busy!
22-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Yeh, but somethings different this time.

In the AST meeting, Gazidis actually said that we would see a turnover of the playing staff, some would be sold and new players will be added.

Thats never been said quite so exactly before in the last few years. Thus year rhe fans are starting to turn and ultimately if things arent different next season and all the fans loose faith in the first couple of months, Wenger will be out on his ear.
At the end of the day they can say what they want, but if we can't agree fees and attract the players we want here, then theres not much we can do. Also there is no guarantee we will be able to sell the likes of Bendtner etc.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-06-2011, 12:28 PM
At the end of the day they can say what they want, but if we can't agree fees and attract the players we want here, then theres not much we can do. Also there is no guarantee we will be able to sell the likes of Bendtner etc.

Problem is we can't really keep Bendtner or Denilson because they both have said they want to leave, like fab so really we'd have 3 players who only play half hearted if we kept them.

Things need to be done and done properly. No point in panicking now we have a month left to do business, lets hope we do it and are not just talking trash.
You'd hate for Gazids too look like a phoney

KSE Comedy Club
22-06-2011, 12:41 PM

But are they the players that the club wants or are they players that you want?

We can still attract good players, but people cant be moaning just because Eto'o, Messi, Drogba, etc might not want to play for us :rolleyes:

1 step at a time. We have to become a stronger, winning team before that will happen again. Were not there yet unfortunately.

KSE Comedy Club
22-06-2011, 12:45 PM
from BBC:

1300 GMT: AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has ruled out a move for Chelsea striker Didier Drogba over the summer. "We are covered in attack and hence, Drogba will not arrive," said Galliani. (Corriere dello Sport)

Ok Wenger, cheeky bid time :good:

AKBapologist
22-06-2011, 12:45 PM
We're waiting for the big boys to finish there business so that the clubs currently holding out for bigger fee's can get back to reality. Problem is, pre-season is 2 weeks away, clubs actually don't really want or need to sell, especially with FFP coming next year (where they technically hold more power), and leaving it late only exacerbates the problem. Seen it every single season and for some reason the club thinks it'll be different this time

KSE Comedy Club
22-06-2011, 12:48 PM
We're waiting for the big boys to finish there business so that the clubs currently holding out for bigger fee's can get back to reality. Problem is, pre-season is 2 weeks away, clubs actually don't really want or need to sell, especially with FFP coming next year (where they technically hold more power), and leaving it late only exacerbates the problem. Seen it every single season and for some reason the club thinks it'll be different this time

Its still June, its not late yet.

AKBapologist
22-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Its still June, its not late yet.

Reminds me off, It's still April... The seasons not over yet.

I'm not going to expect anything different until the clubs behaviour changes, until then spare me from the "be patient" remarks.

In other news...

Since sacking Claudio Ranieri in June 2004 to appointing Andre Villas-Boas in June 2011, Roman Abramovich has reportedly coughed up over £69m in various compensation pay-outs to managers and clubs (including the hiring of director of football Frank Arnesen). During the same time, London rivals Arsenal have kept faith with Arsene Wenger and made a profit of £20.56m on transfer fees.

It should also be pointed out that, during this period, Arsenal have won a single FA Cup, while Chelsea have won three Premier League titles, three FA Cups and two League Cups. Both clubs have also lost a Champions League final.

Who do you think has got better value for money? Have your say by commenting below and take a look at the stats, here…

TOTAL COMPENSATION PAID BY CHELSEA SINCE 2004: £69.1m*

Claudio Ranieri (sacked June 2004) £4m compensation

Jose Mourinho (hired June 2004) £1.7m compensation to Porto

Frank Arnesen (hired June 2005) £8m compensation to Tottenham

Jose Mourinho (sacked September 2007) £18m compensation

Avram Grant (sacked May 2008) sacked £5.5m

Luiz Felipe Scolari (sacked February 2009) £12.6m compensation

Carlo Ancelotti (sacked May 2011) £6m compensation

Avilla Boas (hired June 2011) £13.3m compensation to Porto

NET PROFIT ON REPORTED PLAYER TRANSFER FEES BY ARSENAL SINCE 2004: £20.56m*

2004/05 net spend: £2.55m profit

Players in: Arturo Lupoli £0.2m, Manuel Almunia £0.5m, Vito Mannone £0.35m, Emmanuel Eboue £1m
Players out: Giovanni van Bronckhorst £2m, Martin Keown Free, Ray Parlour Free, Kanu Free, Francis Jeffers £2.6m, Igor Stepanovs nominal, Sylvain Wiltord Free, Rami Shabaan Free.

2005/06 net spend: £5m loss

Players in: Nicklas Bendtner undisclosed, Alexander Hleb £11.2m, Vassiriki Diaby £2m, Emmanuel Adebayor £7m, Theo Walcott £5m, Mart Poom undisclosed

Players out: Stuart Taylor Undisc, Jermaine Pennant £3m, Patrick Viera £13.7m, David Bentley £3m

2006/07 net spend: £0.7m loss

Players in: Tomas Rosicky £6.8m, Fran Merida free, Alexandre Song £1m, William Gallas swap, Denilson £3.4m

Players out: Robert Pires Free, Sol Campbell Free, Pascal Cygan £2m, Ashley Cole £5m (swap), Anthony Stokes £2m, Lauren £0.5m, Sebastian Larsson £1m

2007/08 net spend: £19.9m profit

Players in: Lukasz Fabianski £2m, Eduardo £7.5m, Bakari Sagna £6m, Lassana Diarra £2m, Luke Freeman £0.2m
Players out: Fabrice Muamba £4m, Jeremie Alaidiere £2m, Thierry Henry £16.1m, Arturo Lupoli free, Fredrik Ljungberg £3m, Jose Antonio Reyes £6m, Matthew Connolly £1m, Lassana Diarra £5.5m

2008/09 net spend: £20.75m loss

Players in: Aaron Ramsey £5m, Samir Nasri £15.8m, Amaury Bischoff free, Mikael Silvestre £0.75m, Andrei Arshavin £15m

Players out: Jens Lehmann free, Mathieu Flamini free, Alexander Hleb £11.8m, Gilberto Silva £1m, Justin Hoyte £3m

2009/10 net spend: £31m profit

Players in: Thomas Vermaelen £10m

Players out: Emmanuel Adebayor £25m, Kolo Toure £16m

2010/11 net spend: £6.44m loss
Players in: Kyle Ebecilio £0.58m, Laurent Koscielny £9.7m, Sebastian Squillaci £3.3m
Players out: Eduardo £6.34m, Jay Simpson £0.8m

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2011-06-22/how-chelseas-%C2%A369m-compensation-pay-outs-compares-arsenals-net-transfer-spend-2004

Moral superiority cup yay!

server too busy!
22-06-2011, 12:59 PM
But are they the players that the club wants or are they players that you want?

We can still attract good players, but people cant be moaning just because Eto'o, Messi, Drogba, etc might not want to play for us :rolleyes:

1 step at a time. We have to become a stronger, winning team before that will happen again. Were not there yet unfortunately.
Sadly no, I'm realistic. But you do start to wonder when we hear, Arsenal could have signed Samba or Cahill or (insert name) but they didn't value the player as much as it would have cost.

I reckon we could attract a lot more players if we pushed the wage structure out a bit for these special talents.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Kean to fight for Samba stay
....Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean has insisted he is under no pressure to sell in-demand defender Christopher Samba.

let them fight the draw of Wengerball and the ability to not defend corners will avail

Cripps_orig
22-06-2011, 03:11 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3652398/Feyenoord-weigh-up-Miyaichi-bid.html

bye

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 03:22 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3652398/Feyenoord-weigh-up-Miyaichi-bid.html

bye

going gaga about this bloke over here nd the funny thing is that he's only played at high school level here........saying that the best high school teams are better thn the J-League

Cripps_orig
22-06-2011, 03:23 PM
The next Inamoto tbh

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 03:35 PM
that was a pure after WC impulse buy by AW........it had sales written ll over it cos there was no way Ina was getting in that Arsenl team

this could be a little different.......Japanese players are slowly getting into Europe based on their own merit.......Kagawa, Naagatomo, Uchida are a few......Miya has more than Ina but I defo think it is a wait and see scenario

Cripps_orig
22-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Didnt we buy Inamoto before the World Cup?

In the summer of 2001?

Anyway never heard of this Ryo kid so let him go to Feyenoord. We have bigger fish to fry

Toronto Gooner
22-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Arsenal never actually bought Inamoto, he was on loan. But yes, he joined Arsenal the year before the World Cup. However, I think that we can agree that it was a loan based on the World Cup being held in Japan and Korea.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 04:06 PM
could have sworn Wenger came back from Japan talking about Ina, because the guy did have a good WC

agree Miya to ply his trade out of the fold for another season

AKBapologist
22-06-2011, 05:56 PM
#football Skysports.com understands that Ashley Young has undergone a medical at Manchester United. http://bit.ly/jTJWfD

Joker
22-06-2011, 05:59 PM
#football Skysports.com understands that Ashley Young has undergone a medical at Manchester United. http://bit.ly/jTJWfD

While United are not resting on their laurels and are strengthening their squad with top quality players who can come in and do a job straight away (and don't need time to acclimatise to the EPL), we seem completely paralysed, with the only deal looking vaguely likely to go ahead is Gervinho, and his signing won't exactly send a statement of intent to the other teams will it?

Özim
22-06-2011, 06:15 PM
While United are not resting on their laurels and are strengthening their squad with top quality players who can come in and do a job straight away (and don't need time to acclimatise to the EPL), we seem completely paralysed, with the only deal looking vaguely likely to go ahead is Gervinho, and his signing won't exactly send a statement of intent to the other teams will it?
Clubs won't announce deals before the deadline opens as other clubs might snatch them if you believe the rumours. This must be BS.

Grebbo
22-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Does anyone want us to sign Gervinho?

selassie
22-06-2011, 06:54 PM

Couldn't care less, I'd much prefer we upgrade the team in the right places, in fact Gervinho isn't an upgrade on anything we currently have, sounds familiar eh?

Özim
22-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Not bothered, he's another nobody in my book. We need players a level above.

Marc Overmars
22-06-2011, 07:16 PM

Yeah because it means turd burglars like Bendtner will be moved on.

As for Gervinho himself, don't know anything about him really but appears to be a typical Wenger signing. Seems to be able to take a few players on from the youtube highlights I've seen. Not particularly excited about his potential signing but hopefully he can freshen things up a bit up front, where apart from RVP, it went very stale last season.

Darth Vela
22-06-2011, 08:09 PM

Right kind of player, someone with pace, power and a love of dribbling as well as a half decent goal/assists record but whether he's the right player I couldn't really comment; it's not particularly exciting at any rate but as a replacement for Bendtner he could work out a little better.

Darth Vela
22-06-2011, 08:13 PM

*meh*

We tend to do things quietly, I think it's a little early to say that buying a lazy winger and a teenage defender has sent shockwaves around the world at how awesomely deadly Man U's negotiating team are, it's the quality of signing not the size that matters, Vidic was 8m, unknown and a damn sight better than the well known Lescott at 18m.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Maybe its time we stopped doing things "we tend to do" cos let's face it, things "we tend to do" hasn't worked out well for us. Just for once I would like us to sign a big name player that the knowledge of him just coming in excites the fans. We haven't had that since Sol came in 2001 tbh.

Özim
22-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Maybe its time we stopped doing things "we tend to do" cos let's face it, things "we tend to do" hasn't worked out well for us. Just for once I would like us to sign a big name player that the knowledge of him just coming in excites the fans. We haven't had that since Sol came in 2001 tbh.
I agree, tired of signing nobodies all the time, we should sign quality established players too.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2011, 09:52 PM
I agree, tired of signing nobodies all the time, we should sign quality established players too.

That is the dream.

Just heard/read that Young is undergoing a medical at Man Utd.

So thats Jones and Young now for them added to a squad of champions whilst we have got Jenkinson.

yay

Wenger out asap plskthx

Xhaka Can’t
22-06-2011, 09:58 PM
*meh*

We tend to do things quietly, I think it's a little early to say that buying a lazy winger and a teenage defender has sent shockwaves around the world at how awesomely deadly Man U's negotiating team are, it's the quality of signing not the size that matters, Vidic was 8m, unknown and a damn sight better than the well known Lescott at 18m.

We tend to do fuck all.

Marc Overmars
22-06-2011, 10:06 PM
*meh*

Young won't be lazy there that's for sure. It's his big chance at the top, with his dead ball and crossing ability I think United will see the very best of him. Besides I'm not sure if he's lazy anyway, he's not a Valencia/Park grafter type, but then United have plenty of workers and are rightly adding some extra ability in there. They have bought the right player IMO but time will tell.

Marc Overmars
22-06-2011, 10:06 PM
We tend to do fuck all.

It's funny 'coz it's true.

Özim
22-06-2011, 10:20 PM
We tend to do fuck all.

Özim
22-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Young won't be lazy there that's for sure. It's his big chance at the top, with his dead ball and crossing ability I think United will see the very best of him. Besides I'm not sure if he's lazy anyway, he's not a Valencia/Park grafter type, but then United have plenty of workers and are rightly adding some extra ability in there. They have bought the right player IMO but time will tell.
Young will be awesome at Man U, he's deadly at times and he's what they've been missing, since Ronaldo left they've lacked that really pacey outlet who can cross and rip defences apart.

Would have loved it if we'd signed him to be honest, a proper winger.

Darth Vela
22-06-2011, 10:42 PM

I dunno, he's looked a little lazy to me at times but I guess he is a forward so you gotta give a little bit of leeway, I think he's the right kind of guy for Man U, just not sure he'll be able to step up (maybe more in hope than anything else...) but as you say, time will tell.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Sunderland's bid for Ipswich teenager Connor Wickham may come to nothing as the striker is waiting for a move to Liverpool or Arsenal.
Full story: the Metro

Looked pretty good against us but that shouldn't be used as a measuring stick. How good is he?

Özim
22-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Looked pretty good against us but that shouldn't be used as a measuring stick. How good is he?
Yeah but didn't Ipswich have real problems scoring goals last season....think during the CC semi they were saying how goals were hard to come by for them.

In short no thanks to this kid.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Sunderland's bid for Ipswich teenager Connor Wickham may come to nothing as the striker is waiting for a move to Liverpool or Arsenal.
Full story: the Metro

get shone off one Bedtner type and a potential nother comes in off the horizon.......no doubt AW will say he's not ready to play up front and sent him off to do his porridge on the wing

Fats
23-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Just to lighten the mood.

As some of you know Im a UEFA qualified coach. I coach the mini soccer age groups (under 11 and under in most cases).

One of my players was signed by Arsenal on a 2 year contract yesterday. He is only 10 but will be playing the age group above. Quality player that has good technical ability, fast and reads the game better than any 10 year old I have ever coached.

So yeah we have already signed someone lol

Flavs
23-06-2011, 07:47 AM
I know its Ipswich's media team using our name and Liverpools to push Sunderlands bid up, but Connor Wickham, the tractor boys have turned down a £8MIL bid for him already, you may remember him from when we playd them in the cup, big, strong, fast, 18..

Oh and look...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13876117.stm

Might be worth a punt

selassie
23-06-2011, 07:58 AM
We tend to do fuck all.

Sad but true. :lol:

Özim
23-06-2011, 08:55 AM
I know its Ipswich's media team using our name and Liverpools to push Sunderlands bid up, but Connor Wickham, the tractor boys have turned down a £8MIL bid for him already, you may remember him from when we playd them in the cup, big, strong, fast, 18..

Oh and look...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13876117.stm

Might be worth a punt
No thanks, Ipswich struggled to score goals all season....he was part of their strikeforce. Overrated rubbish IMO, the new Emile Heskey.

Seriously hope we don't go after cr*p like this.

KSE Comedy Club
23-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Yeh, I agree.

Not interested in any more kids, we need experience first.

SSN say we have been looking at Jagielka again but wengerthinks that everton will likely turn down any offer.

Alan B'stard
23-06-2011, 11:32 AM
i think the jags rumour is just our use of PR to put some pressure on balckburn to see the Samba deal through.
Starting to think Cahill was never taken seriously

Marc Overmars
23-06-2011, 11:41 AM
I've never believed we would sign Cahill because of how much he'd cost, City and Spurs would probably go the extra mile for him where as we wouldn't. Samba is the one for us me thinks, if we are to sign a CB.

Christopher Samba hopes that Blackburn Rovers will grant him permission to leave the club should an attractive offer come his way.
Samba has been strongly linked with a switch to Arsenal this summer, whilst Tottenham Hotspur have also been mentioned as an interested party.
Rovers boss Steve Kean recently stressed his desire to retain the centre-back's services after seeing Phil Jones leave Ewood Park for Manchester United.
But Blackburn owner Anuradha Desai has confirmed that Samba is the subject of growing interest, revealing to L'Equipe: "I know there are discussions with some clubs."
Opportunity

And Congo international Samba has expressed his ambition to compete higher up the table, with Rovers battling for their safety last campaign.
Samba said: "For four-and-a-half years I have been at Blackburn and fought against relegation.
"If a good opportunity presents itself, I want to take it. I hope the club will understand if I want to make the step up and not prevent a deal."
Earlier this year, Samba, 27, signed a contract extension at Blackburn, committing him to the club until 2015.http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7001843,00.html

Flavs
23-06-2011, 11:47 AM
as an aside whatever happened to that Wolfman that Barca paid silly money for? Chygysnky what it? Think he is at Dynamo now, was he any good?

chygrynskiy apparently and he is at Shaktar, fook it swap Vela, Rosicky, bendtner and Denilson for him and Dougie Costa

Joker
23-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Like I've said before, I would have preferred Cahill to Samba, as I think he's a more all round defender who can defend against different styles. Having seen Samba in action, I think he struggles against teams that play it on the ground at a high speed, although he would help us cope with aerial bombardments(which is important), although I think Cahill would also give us that much needed stability from set pieces, and could organise things at the back more effectively.

But as Samba will be cheaper than Cahill, no prizes for guessing who Wenger prefers.

selassie
23-06-2011, 11:50 AM
I've never believed we would sign Cahill because of how much he'd cost, City and Spurs would probably go the extra mile for him where as we wouldn't. Samba is the one for us me thinks, if we are to sign a CB.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7001843,00.html

This.

Darth Vela
23-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Like I've said before, I would have preferred Cahill to Samba, as I think he's a more all round defender who can defend against different styles. Having seen Samba in action, I think he struggles against teams that play it on the ground at a high speed, although he would help us cope with aerial bombardments(which is important), although I think Cahill would also give us that much needed stability from set pieces, and could organise things at the back more effectively.

But as Samba will be cheaper than Cahill, no prizes for guessing who Wenger prefers.

Way i look at it is this, we have plenty of these all-round-decent-on-the-ground types so if we're playing someone who is going to get it down and play it, we simply get Koscielny out of storage and lob him into the first team (assuming it's him and Djourou that drop to the bench for Vermalen to partner New CB) but for every other mid-table team that we know are going to lump it into the box, we use Samba.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Tottenham are facing a three-way scrap for highly-rated Stuttgart defender Serdar Tasci
Manager Harry Redknapp (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/term/harry-redknapp) wants another option at centre-back following Jonathan Woodgate (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/players/p973/jonathan-woodgate)'s departure and continuing doubts over Ledley King (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/players/p1934/ledley-king)'s future.
Redknapp is also in the race for Arsenal (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/clubs/t3/arsenal) target Chris Samba but Blackburn (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/clubs/t5/blackburn) are not keen on selling the towering defender, as Steve Kean (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/term/steve-kean) told talkSPORT yesterday.
Reports in Germany claim Spurs (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/clubs/t6/tottenham) have now turned their attention to Tasci and are ready to follow up their interest in the 24-year-old with a bid.
Redknapp, however, will not have a clear run at the Germany international with Juventus and Sevilla are also lining up offers for Tasci, who is valued at around £12million by Stuttgart.
It is understood that the defender wants to leave the Bundesliga this summer and try his hand in another of Europe's top leagues, so his club are keen to cash in.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8532/0/tottenham-make-move-%C2%A312m-stuttgart-ace-face-juventus-fight

Fist of Lehmann
23-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Supposedly we were ready to match the initial bid for Jones.

It's not only about price, it's also about value. And part of that value is in resale value, Samba's is likely only to decline, at least Cahill might have a bit of mileage in him.

selassie
23-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Supposedly we were ready to match the initial bid for Jones.

It's not only about price, it's also about value. And part of that value is in resale value, Samba's is likely only to decline, at least Cahill might have a bit of mileage in him.

I think Wenger saw Jones as a special talent, he can play CB & DM, Jones is a very good player IMHO and will repay back his fee for United in time.

In regards to Samba/Cahill I agree with you. Add the fact that Cahill is English so you can add about 5 million on top of whatever value is realistic for him anyway.

I prefer Cahill to Samba, Cahill is good on the ground and very competent in the air, he's a better all rounder than Samba IMHO. Cahill is not as good as Samba in the air, but he's no slouch either.

For me Cahill is an upgrade on anything we have with the exception of Tommy V.

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I think our negotiations for defensive improvements have broken down tbh.

Gervinho is our only target close to signing, with Alverez in personal terms negotiations with us and a bunch of other clubs.

Grebbo
23-06-2011, 01:11 PM

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7001843,00.html

Why did this moron sign a contract extension with Blackburn this year until 2015!! Fucking retard!!

Coney
23-06-2011, 01:12 PM
I think our negotiations for defensive improvements have broken down tbh.

Gervinho is our only target close to signing, with Alverez in personal terms negotiations with us and a bunch of other clubs.

Clearly you have intimate contacts at managerial and board level at the Arsenal in order to make that statement. Would you like to give us more information that you might have?

Marc Overmars
23-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Why did this moron sign a contract extension with Blackburn this year until 2015!! Fucking retard!!

He was ready to leave when Fat Sam left, we should have moved in January IMO and got an unsettled player for a cut price. I guess he signed the new deal to ensure Blackburn get a sizeable fee for him.

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Clearly you have intimate contacts at managerial and board level at the Arsenal in order to make that statement. Would you like to give us more information that you might have?

Just a summation of the news, youngguns blog reported the stuff on Alverez, Lille wanted a bigger fee for gervinho but were in contract talks with the player at least.

Feel free to share ITK stuff if you believe you know any better.

selassie
23-06-2011, 01:21 PM

We were very close to signing him in January, somehow the deal broke down, I dunno, probably due to finances or something like that.

IMHO If we really want him we could buy him now, we just have to pay the market rate.

Flavs
23-06-2011, 01:23 PM
We were very close to signing him in January, somehow the deal broke down, I dunno, probably due to finances or something like that.

IMHO If we really want him we could buy him now, we just have to pay the market rate.

We agreed a £6mil fee and then they said they wanetd £10mil

selassie
23-06-2011, 01:27 PM
We agreed a £6mil fee and then they said they wanetd £10mil

I'm surprised we've gone back to do business with them if that was really the case. We probably could have met them halfway, though..I understand why we didn't if that stuff about the fee really was the case.

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 01:35 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13882802.stm

Young to united confirmed.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Young was in his last year at Villa wasnt he?

And Villa manage to get £20m for him.

Nasri, a far better player is in his last year and the talk was £8m for him

Shows that other managers know that Wenger will bend over for them

Flavs
23-06-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm surprised we've gone back to do business with them if that was really the case.

different owners and chairman now

Özim
23-06-2011, 01:41 PM
different owners and chairman now
True but we're going to have to pay even more now, so if we did buy him they're still the winners.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Arsenal are monitoring 21-year-old Toulouse and France midfielder Moussa Sissoko.
(the Times)

He was a bit shit at Liverpool tbh :coffee:

Joker
23-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I get the feeling we're not getting Samba if Blackburn push the price up too much. Given he's 27, Wenger probably doesn't feel he's going to get a large enough return on the investment, especially since he's unlikely to remain a first team player too far beyond 30 (given Wenger's policy regarding over 30 year olds)

Joker
23-06-2011, 01:44 PM

This is exactly the type of signing Wenger loves, and it's exactly the type of signing that will get us absolutely no where.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 01:46 PM
was never at liverpool

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 01:46 PM
This is exactly the type of signing Wenger loves, and it's exactly the type of signing that will get us absolutely no where.

Youre preaching to the choir

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 01:48 PM
was never at liverpool
I know....

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 01:51 PM
I get the feeling we're not getting Samba if Blackburn push the price up too much. Given he's 27, Wenger probably doesn't feel he's going to get a large enough return on the investment, especially since he's unlikely to remain a first team player too far beyond 30 (given Wenger's policy regarding over 30 year olds)

The fact he wants to move is in our favour, i think we will get him in the end, it might the the annual drag on transfer though lol

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Moussa Sissoko (born 16 August 1989) is a French football player of Malian descent who currently plays for French club Toulouse in Ligue 1. He plays as a box-to-box midfielder capable of playing in either the holding role or as an attacker. Sissoko is described as a "well-rounded central midfielder" who is "tall, rangy, and strong in the tackle".[1] His playing style and ability have drawn comparisons with the Malian international Mahamadou Diarra and former French international Patrick Vieira.[2][3]
French 09/10 Young player of the year
Worth about £25mill to the club

Exactly the type of player AW won't be getting (but should) this summer tbh.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 01:57 PM
French 09/10 Young player of the year
Worth about £25mill to the club

Exactly the type of player AW won't be getting this summer tbh.

French football player of Malian descent

A nobody thats French of African descent?

Exactly the type we will get

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 01:59 PM

how many of them players have we had not many

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 02:01 PM

Were not going to match the clubs evaluation. Money > nationality tbh.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 02:01 PM
how many of them players have we had not many

Well we've had a few Africans that have played in France.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Were not going to match the clubs evaluation. Money > nationality tbh.

Lets hope not.

Id rather spend £25m on a well established player rather than a nobody whos done f all in the game to merit such a price

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Well we've had a few Africans that have played in France.

yeah but the way you go on likes like we had a team full.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Lets hope not.

Id rather spend £25m on a well established player rather than a nobody whos done f all in the game to merit such a price

an established player would cost musc muh more these days.

you keep saying he is a nobody but these days clubs are buying for potential.

if you believe we are going to splash big money on aguero etc then more fool you

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Id be thrilled if we got Moussa Sissoko here for CDM, much better than certain 'established' (errrm overated) options like Parker and Barry tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Id be thrilled if we got Moussa Sissoko here for CDM, much better than certain 'established' (errrm overated) options like Parker and Barry tbh.

Yeah but he is not estbished so according to folk on GW must be no good

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 02:18 PM
We need PL experience :good:

Buying young french/african nobodies helps nobody but the nobody's bank balance

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah but he is not estbished so according to folk on GW must be no good

Some can't tell the difference between a true nobody and someone who's highly rated. Racists tbh.

Mamadou Sakho is another one I'd jump for joy if we signed, also no chance of happening.

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 02:23 PM

Nah, we need quality. Don't really care where it comes from.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Nah, we need quality. Don't really care where it comes from.

We need experienced quality.

We have enough young players.

Sissoko is at best average

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Some can't tell the difference between a true nobody and someone who's highly rated. Racists tbh.

Mamadou Sakho is another one I'd jump for joy if we signed, also no chance of happening.

i here you, but i feel people want to feel we can still atract those top players not, just settle for potential.

Its not about being African its about being heard off i mean loads wanted m diarra from madrid when he was quality.

i think people would rather we spent 25 mill on an aguero rather then this guy.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 02:30 PM

Buying young french/african nobodies helps nobody but the nobody's bank balance

why should it matter if they are African or french African

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 02:31 PM
why should it matter if they are African or french African

Cos thats all Wenger seems to be interested in these days.

Sure, if they are good enough then get them in but they often arent

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 02:33 PM
i here you, but i feel people want to feel we can still atract those top players not, just settle for potential.

Its not about being African its about being heard off i mean loads wanted m diarra from madrid when he was quality.

i think people would rather we spent 25 mill on an aguero rather then this guy.
Probably the same people who would want us to get Hazard because he can do a few step overs instead of Gervinho who's actually closer to what we actually need.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 02:37 PM
CARLOS VELA has been told he will not be sold by Arsenal this summer.

The Mexican striker, 22, was loaned out to West Brom for the second half of last season but failed to make a major impact, scoring just twice in eight Premier League appearances.
He was expected to be one of several players allowed to leave as Arsene Wenger revamped his squad following another campaign which promised so much but failed to deliver.
But Vela's agent Eduardo Hernandez insists Vela is still very much part of Wenger's plans.
He said: "I have had eight conversations with Arsenal, the most recent was last Friday, and Carlos is an Arsenal player, he will stay at Arsenal and is not for sale.
"The process with Carlos is a little bit slow.
"Arsene Wenger is an extremely demanding coach, he sent him on loan for six months to West Brom not with the results he wanted, but, nevertheless, everything is going very well."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3655071/Arsenal-will-not-sell-Carlos-Vela.html#ixzz1Q6st9aEe

In what way is everything going well? Money wise probably cos on the pitch he is awful

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Cos thats all Wenger seems to be interested in these days.

Sure, if they are good enough then get them in but they often arent

And i'd agree but its no difrrent to him buying vela or bendther or denilson or diaby there no good either don't see you judging them.

its young foreign talent wenger likes not just unkown african ones.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 02:45 PM
And i'd agree but its no difrrent to him buying vela or bendther or denilson or diaby there no good either don't see you judging them.

its young foreign talent wenger likes not just unkown african ones.
:blink:

You've never seen me judging Bendtner or Diaby?

Plus its a bit different cos we got them a few years back when Wenger wasnt in the hated position he is now and we could tolerate a few kids coming through.

Not anymore. Last thing we need is more kids be it french, african, english, outer mongolian etc

Buy experienced quality