PDA

View Full Version : Burnley vs Arsenal

HCZ_Reborn
15-02-2024, 10:44 AM
Reverse fixture of the only game I’ve been to this season. Burnley impressed me in that they were well up for it, and I don’t believe for a second they’ll be any easier to navigate at Turf Moor despite their awful record at home. They created plenty of chances and we will make heavy weather of it if we expect the game to be a capitulation like West Ham. Dont get me wrong we played brilliantly against West Ham, I said after we went 1-0 up that we need the courage to go for them on the counter attack and we did. Getting the first goal will be a slog and it will most likely come from a set piece which Burnley are ok at defending from.

Scoring early will help, we’ve got good results away from home (apart from against Fulham) when we’ve gone in front early on. It’s games like Forest, Brentford, Palace etc where making the breakthrough has been hard,

Marc Overmars
15-02-2024, 10:50 AM
I mean, if we can’t win this then we have no business talking about a title charge.

HCZ_Reborn
15-02-2024, 12:02 PM
I mean, if we can’t win this then we have no business talking about a title charge.

In reality we don’t have any business talking about a title charge. We don’t have a consistent goalscoring threat….and whilst we have played miles better in the last four games than the start of the season…it’s hard not to see things drying up for us.

Our title challenge will most likely come to an end when we face city at the end of next month.

GP
16-02-2024, 09:30 AM
0-3

Letters
16-02-2024, 10:04 AM
I hope we win tbh.

HCZ_Reborn
16-02-2024, 10:33 AM
I hope we win tbh.

Controversial opinion :lol:

Mac76
16-02-2024, 11:07 AM
Controversial opinion :lol:

he always says it, like i always predict a 0-3 result for us and GP always predicts the opposite - how long have you been on this board...?

Mac76
16-02-2024, 11:08 AM
talking of which, 3-0 Fofana hatter

Mac76
16-02-2024, 11:08 AM

correct

HCZ_Reborn
16-02-2024, 12:16 PM
talking of which, 3-0 Fofana hatter

I’m going to say something nice for once. I like your predictions, not because you have any expectation of them coming true but in instances like this where you have to find a likely goalscorer…Brentford it’s Toney hatter, City it’s Haaland. But for Burnley who the fuck is getting that milestone for them?. Is Fofana their top scorer ? Would have no idea.

But what it does it keeps the old traditions alive, like when someone used to predict a Ozil hat trick in each game, which was hilarious until of course he actually did score a hat trick…and then it became even more hilarious.

Although this did come to mind
https://youtu.be/Iz7JjNgIsVA?si=MkA0u3AZ_TPqX-JY

And I could have done the Nigel Farage one but I didn’t

Mac76
16-02-2024, 05:56 PM
I’m going to say something nice for once.

I'm grateful

And I could have done the Nigel Farage one but I didn’t

I'm very grateful

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2024, 02:15 PM
Burnley: Trafford, Delcroix, Esteve, O'Shea, Assignon, Odobert, Brownhill, Berge, Ramsey.
Subs: Muric, Taylor, Cork, Gudmundsson, Rodríguez, Benson, Vitinho, Cullen, Bruun Larsen.

Arsenal: Raya, Kiwior, Gabriel, Saliba, White, Havertz, Rice, Odegaard, Martinelli, Trossard, Saka.
Subs: Ramsdale, Smith Rowe, Nketiah, Soares, Jorginho, Nelson, Elneny, Bandeira, Lannin-Sweet.

HCZ_Reborn
17-02-2024, 02:46 PM
How is Smith Rowe back before Vieira, Partey and Zinchenko ? :lol:

Mac76
17-02-2024, 02:54 PM
How is Smith Rowe back before Vieira, Partey and Zinchenko ? :lol:

Just be grateful

Mac76
17-02-2024, 02:55 PM
I really like this starting lineup, let's hope they get another really thumping result

HCZ_Reborn
17-02-2024, 03:03 PM
Just be grateful

Why? I think we’ve massively missed Partey this season. Vieira can play that box to box role better than Havertz and Zinchenko is a better player going forward than Kiwior

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2024, 03:05 PM
ODEGAARD!!!

Mac76
17-02-2024, 03:23 PM
Why? I think we’ve massively missed Partey this season. Vieira can play that box to box role better than Havertz and Zinchenko is a better player going forward than Kiwior

Partey is a write off, he's never truly fit and I'll take Kiwior over Zin any day of the week, Vieria's not the right fit, Havertz adds good physicality

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2024, 03:38 PM
Trossard with a shocker apparently. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2024, 03:40 PM
Pelanty!

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2024, 03:42 PM
SAKA!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2024, 04:06 PM
SAKA!!!! :bow:

dostoy
17-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Craig Bellamy's neck seems to have shortened with age.

Kompany must be banned because he is in the stands somewhere.

You can here a pin drop, there is hardly any noise in the stadium.

dostoy
17-02-2024, 04:20 PM
A Burnley player is being stretchered off.

It's pissing down as well.

Mac76
17-02-2024, 04:20 PM
3-0 up, game over, I could get used to this... :)

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2024, 04:25 PM
TROSSARD!!! :bow:

dostoy
17-02-2024, 04:27 PM
Multiple subs time.

dostoy
17-02-2024, 04:29 PM
Tross, White and SAKA off.

Nketiah, Soares and Nelson on.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2024, 04:32 PM
Nketiah has to score one today surely.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2024, 04:37 PM
HAVERTZ!!! :bow:

dostoy
17-02-2024, 04:39 PM
Rice off, Jorginho on.

dostoy
17-02-2024, 04:43 PM
Havertz off, Smith Rowe on I think.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2024, 04:48 PM
Get some +1's squaddies.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2024, 05:00 PM
Burnley 0-5 Arsenal, FT.

Slacking off there.

Marc Overmars
17-02-2024, 05:05 PM
Goals :bow:

Mac76
17-02-2024, 05:18 PM
Our GD is now the best in the league, admittedly with Citeh to play this weekend :good:

HCZ_Reborn
17-02-2024, 05:19 PM
Saka has scored in the last four games now. Utter machine

Trossard scored four in the last five

HCZ_Reborn
17-02-2024, 05:20 PM
Our GD is now the best in the league, admittedly with Citeh to play this weekend :good:

Only Liverpool have scored more goals than us as well

Letters
17-02-2024, 05:34 PM
I really like this starting lineup, let's hope they get another really thumping result

:gp:

:d

Marc Overmars
17-02-2024, 05:46 PM
Newcastle H
Sheff Utd A
Brentford H
Chelsea H

Next 4 games definitely present a good opportunity to keep this momentum going. Realistically we probably need to win them all as the visit to the Etihad follows and that’s a game we almost certainly need a result in if we’re going to have a serious shot at winning the title.

Niall_Quinn
17-02-2024, 09:32 PM
Didn't watch it and I suppose that means I don't care.

Would love them to win it, but know for a fact they'll find a way to lose.

And that's not really all that important in the grand scheme of things. I'm still watching out for a real football team to be born. No signs of it yet.

That said, I did enjoy watching some match which I can't even remember. The one before this one I think. I liked the way we played the ball toward the opposition goal with a degree of regularity. Obviously it meant we had more chances and so scored more goals. It was all very obvious stuff. Simple. And they could do it every week. I think they should.

HCZ_Reborn
18-02-2024, 10:17 AM
Didn't watch it and I suppose that means I don't care.

Would love them to win it, but know for a fact they'll find a way to lose.

And that's not really all that important in the grand scheme of things. I'm still watching out for a real football team to be born. No signs of it yet.

That said, I did enjoy watching some match which I can't even remember. The one before this one I think. I liked the way we played the ball toward the opposition goal with a degree of regularity. Obviously it meant we had more chances and so scored more goals. It was all very obvious stuff. Simple. And they could do it every week. I think they should.

Bit of a straw man complaint, I’m here far too often but I don’t recall anyone suggesting you don’t care. I’ve largely accused you of having a cry for the moon attitude about football. The game has doubtless been poisoned by money’d interest in terms of the spirit of the game (what passes for commentary unquestionably accepts the validity of fraud teams like Man City and Chelsea)…..but the only thing that’s really changed is the scale. This idea that someone like Odegaard isn’t a proper footballer but Freddie Ljungberg and Marc Overmars are (and I appreciate that at best I’m paraphrasing your argument) seems curious to me. I come from a day where such players were derided as poofs and fairies because they didn’t like being tackled, they were obsessed with their image and all that’s changed now is that the rest of us have to pretend to care about their image because social media.
Ray Parlour, Tony Adams and others were massive corporate whores for local Ford dealerships to the point where they’d constantly be at dealerships my mum’s friend worked at, to a degree where she considered them co workers, although not out of any affection as she described Adams as an “arrogant overgrown child”

Your description of how the game has changed is at best vapid, and seems to me to hinge on a myth that if a rumour is the size of a pea rather than a melon it means you don’t have cancer.

Also not for a second do you believe that any of us are any more convinced that “we will do it this time” than you are. Take away the fact that no one believes that female commentators in sports is going to lead to legalise pedophilia, we do accept that we’ve allowed the changing times to be used as an excuse for a mindset that is disappointed by failure to win but ultimately accepts it.

Mac76
18-02-2024, 10:56 AM
:gp:

:d

:lol:

Me :bow:

Mac76
18-02-2024, 11:04 AM
I make our aggregate over the last five games 21-2

Would love to see how the Gary Nevilles of this world try to dismiss that

Ok, so the teams included Palace, Forest, Burnley and an out-of-form West Ham but it also included Liverpool

This what a title-challenging side is supposed to do and we're doing it

Long may Zin and Partey stay unfit, we don't need them, would be good to have Jesus back though only to rest Saka, Martinelli or Trossard if they need it, Trossard's earnt his starting place now and then some

fakeyank
18-02-2024, 03:16 PM
This is building up very well for a mountain of disappointment in March/April. Cant wait.

Letters
18-02-2024, 04:53 PM
This is building up very well for a mountain of disappointment in March/April. Cant wait.

If you could just avoid adding The Emirates to your endless travel itinerary, there’s a good chap