PDA

View Full Version : "Currants Bw..."

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130]

Letters
31-07-2024, 01:39 PM
:lol:

The Wengerbabies
31-07-2024, 03:21 PM
From Cardiff lol, the gaslighting is unreal

Axel Muganwa Redakubana

Daffyd he ain't

We have a serious problem in this country.

Letters
31-07-2024, 03:28 PM

Axel Muganwa Redakubana

Daffyd he ain't

Where did you get that name?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/southport-merseyside-police-police-andrew-tate-laurence-fox-b1173807.html

HCZ_Reborn
31-07-2024, 03:28 PM

Axel Muganwa Redakubana

Daffyd he ain't

So going to make this an immigration problem because of where his parents were from Rwanda, maybe the problem is you all gaslit yourselves and don’t want to let go of your precious narrative

Oh please feel free to tell me how the Rwandan genocide provided him with the cultural imprimatur to stab up children. Or maybe you can explain that Black people are genetically predisposed to murder and how the greater melanin count brings that about

Over to you fuck face :lol:

The Wengerbabies
31-07-2024, 03:34 PM
Where did you get that name?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/southport-merseyside-police-police-andrew-tate-laurence-fox-b1173807.html

A journalist doesn't reveal their sauces.

The Wengerbabies
31-07-2024, 03:35 PM
So going to make this an immigration problem because of where his parents were from Rwanda, maybe the problem is you all gaslit yourselves and don’t want to let go of your precious narrative

Oh please feel free to tell me how the Rwandan genocide provided him with the cultural imprimatur to stab up children. Or maybe you can explain that Black people are genetically predisposed to murder and how the greater melanin count brings that about

Over to you fuck face :lol:

Rwandan genocide was 30 years ago this lad is 17.

Letters
31-07-2024, 03:45 PM
A journalist doesn't reveal their sauces.

Unlike ketchup and BBQ, there are some bad sauces. You do have a history of believing ones which fit your agenda.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/online-misinformation-fueling-tensions-southport-stabbing-attack-killed-112437256

HCZ_Reborn
31-07-2024, 03:45 PM
Rwandan genocide was 30 years ago this lad is 17.

Exactly. So what’s your diagnosis for how immigration is the issue here aside from we shouldn’t have let his parents in because many years later there was a risk that a yet unborn son could go ballistic

HCZ_Reborn
31-07-2024, 04:20 PM
Oh and RIP Ismail Haniyeh…:haha: seriously though, send us a postcard from Hell, let us know how hot it is

Mac76
31-07-2024, 04:23 PM
Exactly. So what’s your diagnosis for how immigration is the issue here aside from we shouldn’t have let his parents in because many years later there was a risk that a yet unborn son could go ballistic

Also i note that one of the kids concerned had a name which suggests that at least part of her family originated in another country (shock horror) - where does that leave wengerbabies? :shrug:

or is it just as simple as one fu*ked up person committed a horrendous crime?

Mac76
31-07-2024, 04:27 PM
Oh and RIP Ismail Haniyeh…:haha: seriously though, send us a postcard from Hell, let us know how hot it is

So, a man goes down to Hell and is shown two rooms - one is full of people upside down in excrement, the other is full of people sitting having tea and biscuits

A demon says - "which room do you choose?" so the guy says "i'll go with the tea room"

so he's sat there for about ten minutes thinking "this isn't so bad" when a demon shouts out "ok everyone, tea break's over..."

Letters
01-08-2024, 12:04 PM
Axel Muganwa Redakubana
Fair play.
That is the dude's name :good:

Obviously only people of foreign heritage commit crime.

Mac76
01-08-2024, 01:19 PM

https://x.com/PeterGarbacz/status/1818742305060536368

and...

https://x.com/OFalafel/status/1818728326590067094

'kin loving this pile-on :lol:

Letters
02-08-2024, 08:26 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cw0y0g58xpjo

I don't understand the issue here. The dude was arrested and is clearly guilty, by his own admission now.
But you surely shouldn't be sacking someone for an arrest - that would imply and presumption of guilt and isn't that the exact opposite of how things are supposed to work around here?

HCZ_Reborn
02-08-2024, 08:52 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cw0y0g58xpjo

I don't understand the issue here. The dude was arrested and is clearly guilty, by his own admission now.
But you surely shouldn't be sacking someone for an arrest - that would imply and presumption of guilt and isn't that the exact opposite of how things are supposed to work around here?

Let’s be fair his career with the Beeb was finished before this latest stuff came to light. Big name in a public sector broadcaster and with the beeb’s history of sweeping shit under the carpet. It just looks bad

Letters
02-08-2024, 09:19 AM
I can see it looks bad. But innocent till proven guilty is an important principle.
That said... he'd not actually been doing his job for some time so one could argue that would have been a better reason to stop paying him.

HCZ_Reborn
02-08-2024, 11:44 AM
Situation I have to say I’ve not previously been familiar with. Interviewed for a job yesterday, money better than I am on now. And they were impressed enough to make me an offer, but I turned them down. A lot of red flags came up in the interview.

Letters
02-08-2024, 12:06 PM
Interesting. What were the flags?

HCZ_Reborn
02-08-2024, 12:19 PM

Child sacrifice on a Tuesday

Which obviously goes against my beliefs

It should always be on a Friday

Niall_Quinn
02-08-2024, 09:00 PM

They asked how wide his anus could spread.

Mac76
02-08-2024, 09:04 PM
Racist thugs going ape - lock the fuckers up and throw away the key that's what I say

Niall_Quinn
02-08-2024, 09:07 PM
Racist thugs going ape - lock the fuckers up and throw away the key that's what I say

Ignorant as always. Britain always in the top 3 race tolerant nations on the planet. Yet you haters keep pulling the racist card. It's because you have no reasonable arguments.

Mac76
02-08-2024, 09:20 PM
Ignorant as always. Britain always in the top 3 race tolerant nations on the planet. Yet you haters keep pulling the racist card. It's because you have no reasonable arguments.

They're rioting because they were misinformed it was a muslim who murdered those kids, would they have rioted otherwise? If the answer's no (which you know it is) they're racist, pure and simple

Niall_Quinn
02-08-2024, 09:34 PM
They're rioting because they were misinformed it was a muslim who murdered those kids, would they have rioted otherwise? If the answer's no (which you know it is) they're racist, pure and simple

No they aren't, that's just what the BBC imported direct to your brain, you being the willing subject. They are using force against force because the so-called representative of the people has failed to represent them for years. So now their voice has been taken away in the parliament they are not only free to, but honour bound to, resist enemies foreign and domestic. How long did you seriously think you could get away with it? And I suppose you though all British were betas like you? Bad, bad mistake.

HCZ_Reborn
02-08-2024, 09:57 PM
No they aren't, that's just what the BBC imported direct to your brain, you being the willing subject. They are using force against force because the so-called representative of the people has failed to represent them for years. So now their voice has been taken away in the parliament they are not only free to, but honour bound to, resist enemies foreign and domestic. How long did you seriously think you could get away with it? And I suppose you though all British were betas like you? Bad, bad mistake.

Begs the question Oliver Cromwell, why aren’t you out there with them?

Niall_Quinn
02-08-2024, 10:42 PM
Begs the question Oliver Cromwell, why aren’t you out there with them?

The assumptions you make. We know you lot aren't doing anything constructive because you spend all your time wanking each other off here.

Mac76
03-08-2024, 08:09 AM

Actually through fellow anger-inciting racists like Fuckrage, they do now have a presence in Parliament

HCZ_Reborn
03-08-2024, 10:43 AM
They asked how wide his anus could spread.

I don’t know what job interviews you’ve been going for

The Wengerbabies
03-08-2024, 03:16 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/southport-murders-doctor-who-rudakubana-b2590588.html

Wow

They're literally taking over, given prominent roles in British institutions and they still hate us.

Niall_Quinn
04-08-2024, 12:27 AM
Actually through fellow anger-inciting racists like Fuckrage, they do now have a presence in Parliament

Forget Farage, he's another puppet who wants to play by the one-sided rules. And even if you want to go there, Reform got half as much support from the people as the marxists, 4 million to 9 million votes, but only 5 seats compared to 411. So don't bother with the bullshit. If the British people were really represented in parliament the likes of you would be deported to wherever it is you crawled in from. 4 million of us compared to 9 million of you, that's not in any way a fair fight. See you soon.

Mac76
04-08-2024, 09:28 AM
The Labour party under Starmer is about as marxist as Thatcher, try getting up to speed

HCZ_Reborn
04-08-2024, 10:43 AM
The Labour party under Starmer is about as marxist as Thatcher, try getting up to speed

The argument will be that Labour is captured by woke ideology which has cultural Marxism at its roots. When I say the argument will be, it’s not an argument I hold to. One because it’s overly simplistic to ascribe modern social justice theory to Marx because it’s a mixture of loads of different French and American sociological theories. Second there’s a doubt to the extent of which Labour buy into this stuff (or in Starmer’s case spend that much time thinking about it). They’ve rightly in my view retained a ban on puberty blockers and gained a lot of anger from people to their left.

They have in my view been totally irresponsible in returning funding to UNRWA (which even if you take away the questions it has to answer over the extent of its complicity in October 7th, is an organisation that plays into this idea that Palestinians living in Gaza or the West Bank are refugees who are waiting to return home…how the fuck can you be a refugee for eighty years. This kind of thinking prevents any hope of a two state solution just as much as Hamas or the settlers). Then there is the embargo on arms to Israel (which is fortunate that the Israelis don’t rely on us for that, but they could easily decide the pharmaceuticals they export to us - should stop)

In terms of dealing with this thuggery, Labour perhaps hasn’t helped itself by Not taking an equally strong stance against the riots in Harehills a fortnight ago (although Starmer did say the other day Crime is Crime and we make no distinction). But these marches are organised by the far right regardless of whether everyone who attends is or not. Just as the pro Palestinian marches were organised by extremists even if perhaps not everyone who attended was.

There can be an accusation of two tier policing, which I think is far more about police over correcting for their own racist behaviour in the past rather than any overt political bent. And I think this accusation long predates a Labour government that is less than a month old.

The Wengerbabies
04-08-2024, 04:29 PM
Strange how suddenly the courts can find the extra capacity :rolleyes:

HCZ_Reborn
04-08-2024, 05:12 PM
The one thing that can be taken as a positive from this atavistic savagery, is that we can another term to the collection of terms applied ironically.

Legitimate concerns will take its place alongside such greats as Stunning and Brave and Religion of Peace.

For instance in Liverpool city centre I see there are people with legitimate concerns that there may in fact be too many sausage rolls in Greggs and Bath Bombs in Lush

Letters
04-08-2024, 05:33 PM
The thing is, there are some legitimate concerns around immigration and a failure to integrate into English society. But going round smashing things up and setting things on fire isn’t a way to express those, that’s just being a load of thugs and racist wankers.
I vaguely agree with NQ’s assertion that we are, overall, one of the more tolerant nations when it comes to immigration. But the events in Southport have given a load of racist thugs an excuse to be racist thugs. Which is stupid because this was clearly a kid who isn’t right in the head. Which is nothing to do with his race or religion

HCZ_Reborn
04-08-2024, 05:53 PM
The thing is, there are some legitimate concerns around immigration and a failure to integrate into English society. But going round smashing things up and setting things on fire isn’t a way to express those, that’s just being a load of thugs and racist wankers.
I vaguely agree with NQ’s assertion that we are, overall, one of the more tolerant nations when it comes to immigration. But the events in Southport have given a load of racist thugs an excuse to be racist thugs. Which is stupid because this was clearly a kid who isn’t right in the head. Which is nothing to do with his race or religion

The point is the term legitimate concern is doing some very heavy lifting in order to provide a mitigation for violent atavism.

It’s like how people tried to explain away the 2011 riots by going on about inequality, social exclusion and racism (because that cunt Mark Duggan happened to be black).

What is a concern is the growing sectarianism in certain areas, I mentioned it on July 5th when I decried political Islamists getting into parliament. And these scum exploit the racial/religious identitarianism just as much as the reform lot exploit the growing white identitarianism “we are in danger of becoming a minority in our own country”

This is a direct result of both left and right making hay out of exemplifying differences. But It’s not to say mass immigration has played no part, I said last year I felt uncomfortable walking around Whitechapel…not because of the colour of people’s faces but because it felt more like Sylhet than London (especially with the entrance to the station marked in Bengali as well as English).

But legitimate concerns means nothing but glib justification for violence, vandalism and looting in this context

I also think this country is one of the most tolerant and least racist in the world. We also tend not to have much in the way of social unrest either, largely because Britain is culturally attuned to be non-revolutionary.

Marc Overmars
05-08-2024, 07:58 AM
I was in Liverpool on the weekend and witnessed some pretty shameful stuff.

How shit and insignificant of a life have you got to lead to feel compelled to go out and destroy city centres and assault innocent people for no reason. I think everyone agrees that immigration needs to be controlled but most of these knuckle draggers are just getting involved for the sake of causing chaos. Not only that but you’ve got feral kids running around looting and setting off fireworks in public spaces. Embarrassing state this country is in right now.

Letters
05-08-2024, 08:17 AM
The point is the term legitimate concern is doing some very heavy lifting in order to provide a mitigation for violent atavism.
Yes, I get what point you're making.

We are a pretty tolerant country, as these things go. But I do understand concerns about immigration - I've posted on here how it increasingly feels like we are in the minority in some areas. "We" being white British. Back in the day you'd have immigrants of course - you'd have the Italian kid or the Indian kid or whatever at school. But because there weren't that many they were fairly isolated so just became ingrained in British culture. Now you have round my way a Turkish community, a Greek community and so on. It would be an exaggeration to say they don't mix with others, but it is true that they're less integrated than they used to be and it does cause feelings of being out of place. A bit like how we have basically taken over the Costa del Sol and now it's all Irish Bar and Joe's Caff. I would imagine that pisses off the locals there, I guess they tolerate it because it's good for them economically. But I can understand how the recent incident can spark this sort of unrest. It's obviously bullshit justification for violent thugs to be violent thugs

The big issue is you have people like Farage telling people that it's because of immigrants that you're poor, it's because of immigrants that you can't see a doctor. It's obvious bullshit but they're an easy scapegoat for certain people to use. That all sows the seeds of division and resentment so it doesn't take much of an incident to cause it all to boil over.

HCZ_Reborn
05-08-2024, 09:28 AM
Yes, I get what point you're making.

We are a pretty tolerant country, as these things go. But I do understand concerns about immigration - I've posted on here how it increasingly feels like we are in the minority in some areas. "We" being white British. Back in the day you'd have immigrants of course - you'd have the Italian kid or the Indian kid or whatever at school. But because there weren't that many they were fairly isolated so just became ingrained in British culture. Now you have round my way a Turkish community, a Greek community and so on. It would be an exaggeration to say they don't mix with others, but it is true that they're less integrated than they used to be and it does cause feelings of being out of place. A bit like how we have basically taken over the Costa del Sol and now it's all Irish Bar and Joe's Caff. I would imagine that pisses off the locals there, I guess they tolerate it because it's good for them economically. But I can understand how the recent incident can spark this sort of unrest. It's obviously bullshit justification for violent thugs to be violent thugs

The big issue is you have people like Farage telling people that it's because of immigrants that you're poor, it's because of immigrants that you can't see a doctor. It's obvious bullshit but they're an easy scapegoat for certain people to use. That all sows the seeds of division and resentment so it doesn't take much of an incident to cause it all to boil over.

30% of the UK is either the child or grandchild of immigrants. So if people are targeting immigration on those grounds (which they appear to be doing with this stabby nut case) that’s going to create huge problems if these halfwits are going to claim that just over two thirds of those living in Britain are actually British.

What you’ve said about concern for areas not feeling like the same areas you grew up in and Integration not being apparent is all legitimate in my view, but it has zero to do with Southport or the subsequent violence…

Integration has always been more my concern more than number (although as you’ve observed greater number contributes to integration taking longer) I think the social justice mindset and this idea of embracing multiculturalism I don’t think helps. It’s not that I expect people abandon their own culture but it shouldn’t be in competition with British values and monocultural enclaves are hugely undesirable

But as I repeat, this violence has as much to do with this as the 2011 riots had to do with the Police killing Mark Duggan. People with legitimate concerns don’t attack police, set fire to civic buildings, loot from shops and commit arson and attempted murder.

HCZ_Reborn
05-08-2024, 09:50 AM
Farage is a grifter no more no less, he will always look for something to latch onto. In 2020 he made an abortive attempt to set up a political movement from being Anti Lockdown but he couldn’t get the traction about it. A year after Brexit he also remarked that immigration wasn’t the key issue for voters anymore. And until the small boats coming here largely spent his time taking money to record personalised messages for people.
Even if Integration had been more successful, and people weren’t minded to come up with conspiratorial explanations for mass migration other than the true reasons, because of low birth rates leading to an ageing population and to create economic growth. In this social media there would always be some grievance to exploit real or imagined. And with all grievances there’s always a grain of truth.

The fact is globalisation isn’t a conspiracy, it’s a natural occurrence of technological development. And whilst the global south is on an upward trajectory in terms of better living conditions on the whole it’s still behind the western world in terms of overall poverty, life chances etc.

Human beings are also naturally itinerant, we didn’t just leave the African savannahs to avoid heat death. The idea that everyone was always just going to stay in the same place is daft. And plenty of Brits migrate to Europe, the Anglosphere and even areas of South East Asia and the Arab gulf for work purposes (not in the same number admittedly)

My argument is that if we don’t want people coming here, we need to a) address the low pay gig economy that prevents the “indigenous” British from taking up certain jobs, and put more money into vocational training so that we aren’t having to import a skilled work force and b) Need to rethink the way we do foreign aid which at the moment allows corrupt dictators to pocket the money and do nothing for the people there

We also need governments to stop speaking out of both sides of their mouth on the issue. The immigration issue was centrered on the small boats and the government did draconian gesture politics with the expensive and ineffective Rwanda scheme. But the vast spite in immigration were people invited here to supplement the work force in the care sector (another side effect from having an ageing population) and bring the money into universities from foreign students

dazthegooner
05-08-2024, 11:12 AM
Cricketer Graham Thorpe dies he was only 55 :( RIP :rose: https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/13191069/graham-thorpe-former-england-and-surrey-batter-dies-aged-55

Letters
05-08-2024, 11:42 AM
If you want proper riots, go to Bangladesh. They don't mess around over there.

HCZ_Reborn
05-08-2024, 11:43 AM
If you want proper riots, go to Bangladesh. They don't mess around over there.

Neither I imagine do the police

Mac76
05-08-2024, 01:36 PM
Cricketer Graham Thorpe dies he was only 55 :( RIP :rose: https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/13191069/graham-thorpe-former-england-and-surrey-batter-dies-aged-55

That's really sad, excellent player from probably the last playing generation before the showoffs took over

HCZ_Reborn
05-08-2024, 01:42 PM
That's really sad, excellent player from probably the last playing generation before the showoffs took over

By show offs you mean better players ?

No age to die, and Thorpe was definitely a player who could dig you out of a hole with a good knock

Mac76
05-08-2024, 02:27 PM
I mean people like Stokes whose 'tribute' is to post a picture of errr, Ben Stokes, rather than Thorpe himself

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/aug/05/graham-thorpe-former-england-cricketer-dies-aged-55

HCZ_Reborn
05-08-2024, 04:15 PM
I mean people like Stokes whose 'tribute' is to post a picture of errr, Ben Stokes, rather than Thorpe himself

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/aug/05/graham-thorpe-former-england-cricketer-dies-aged-55

It’s an image of him wearing a shirt with Thorpe on it, not that I’d ever accuse you of nitpicking when it comes to you taking against certain sportsmen :lol:

Mac76
05-08-2024, 04:53 PM
It’s an image of him wearing a shirt with Thorpe on it

...well it's just Thorpe's England number but anyway again it's all about him rather than Thorpe, why not just a picture of Thorpe?

showoffs like him and Pietersen before him just put me right off English cricket tbh

HCZ_Reborn
05-08-2024, 05:25 PM
...well it's just Thorpe's England number but anyway again it's all about him rather than Thorpe, why not just a picture of Thorpe?

showoffs like him and Pietersen before him just put me right off English cricket tbh

I think you might need to go and speak to someone about these arbitrary dislikes you have…:lol:. I think Pietersen is a Wally (but then so are a lot of white Saffas…the end of Apartheid really had a monumental effect on their self esteem) but this is no way detracted from my enjoyment of some of the best cricket England produced in thirty years. Certainly didn’t sully my enjoyment watching him get a century at the Oval against Australia that guaranteed we won the Ashes.

Letters
08-08-2024, 07:51 AM
https://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/news/jack-karlson-the-man-behind-the-democracy-manifest-arrest-has-died/news-story/156579459a3782d8299e627fca939db5#7ds9i6qs0p5

:rose:

I hope he's having a succulent Chinese meal somewhere.

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 08:09 AM
He basically admitted that it was all put on so that they thought he was nuts

A bit like Eduard Khil with “Trolollol” he managed to spend the last few years of his life dining out on that, and why not

Letters
08-08-2024, 09:23 AM

Yeah. All these big brave men.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/manchester-piccadilly-gardens-black-man-attack-b2592671.html

Mac76
08-08-2024, 11:34 AM
total fucking kudos with bells on to all those people who turned up to face down the racists - I was at the Leverkusen game but on the way home through Walthamstow you could hear them :clap:

oh and... https://x.com/DachshundColin/status/1821310756165705908

:haha:

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 11:57 AM
total fucking kudos with bells on to all those people who turned up to face down the racists - I was at the Leverkusen game but on the way home through Walthamstow you could hear them :clap:

Ah yes the Anti Fascists and Anti Racists who were at pains to tell us that the riots of the last week were all a Zionist conspiracy. And in Finsbury the Anti Fascist campaigner explicitly spoke about driving out the Zionists from the area (which over 90% of British Jews are).

I don’t believe there is two tier policing in the sense that people of different skin colour are police differently. But there’s too often the naive assumption that on the right it’s all hate but on the left it’s all social justice

I’m freedom of speech outside of incitement to violence, and when a guy shouts to a crowd that Zionists should have their throats slit…it’s going to really feed into the rights narrative if he’s not arrested for that

Oh and even better the guy’s a Labour councillor. Cunt

The Wengerbabies
08-08-2024, 02:17 PM

https://x.com/CharlieSansom/status/1821472602201694341

Such peace, such tolerance.

#twotierkeir

Letters
08-08-2024, 03:04 PM
I thought that was going to be a video of them smashing stuff up.
Is that the best you've got? :lol:

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 03:35 PM
I thought that was going to be a video of them smashing stuff up.
Is that the best you've got? :lol:

In terms of criminal violence, clashes with police, vandalism etc no there’s absolutely no comparison

My argument is that these people should not be treated as an antidote to the far right thugs when (and this is far from a single incident) they are openly using antisemitic tropes and advocating for violence against “Zionists”

My contention is that they are cunts just like the far right cunts, even if on the whole they are relatively better behaved cunts

And if the police do not want to cement this two tier policing accusation, they will arrest this cunt

Edit - He has now in fact been Arrested. Good

Letters
08-08-2024, 04:29 PM
My contention is that they are cunts just like the far right cunts, even if on the whole they are relatively better behaved cunts
I don't think there's any real comparison. No-one smashing things up over the last week, having running battles with police, attacking mosques, setting fire to hotels with families and kids in - none of that is people peacefully expressing "legitimate concerns", it was yobs being yobs. And it wasn't a few bad apples, it was what they were there to do.
That bloke in the video is obviously a dick and I agree it's good he's been arrested, but it was clearly a largely peaceful crowd and people are actively commending their behaviour.

Letters
08-08-2024, 04:47 PM
In terms of criminal violence, clashes with police, vandalism etc no there’s absolutely no comparison
I don't know if you added this in the edit or whether I just can't read.

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 04:52 PM
I don't think there's any real comparison. No-one smashing things up over the last week, having running battles with police, attacking mosques, setting fire to hotels with families and kids in - none of that is people peacefully expressing "legitimate concerns", it was yobs being yobs. And it wasn't a few bad apples, it was what they were there to do.
That bloke in the video is obviously a dick and I agree it's good he's been arrested, but it was clearly a largely peaceful crowd and people are actively commending their behaviour.

I heard the largely peaceful crowd thing about the pro Palestinian demonstrations, my contention is at what point when you see week after week the most horrendous anti Jewish slogans written on placards, hear vile chants all the time (or pretend not to hear them in the case of your selectively deaf friend) and yet you continue to show up at these demonstrations does the benefit of the doubt disappear and the assumption made that you basically either approve of the messages because at the most charitable I can be, you’re too stupid to realise that this is just as bad as racism against blacks or Asians.

If you condemn far right thuggery yet constantly find yourself marching with them I have questions as to the sincerity of your condemnation, why should this be any different

It’s like Corbyn all over again, the gaslighting that took place that he had to be the world’s unluckiest non racist. “Oh he’s sharing a platform with someone who has repeated the blood libel, and with another guy who denied the holocaust?. I can’t believe how unlucky poor Jezza is”

The reason we rightly condemn far right apes, and defend these lot is in my view a form of classism and the subconscious attitude that racism by non white people isn’t as bad, because they’ve had to deal with racism themselves

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 04:56 PM
I don't know if you added this in the edit or whether I just can't read.

No I didn’t add it later. There’s no question they are in their behaviour less of a threat to public order and public safety…so in that regard any comparison is apples and oranges

But I don’t think these are good people, and I don’t think they should be celebrated as the antidote to far right thuggery. Simple as that

Letters
08-08-2024, 05:16 PM
or pretend not to hear them in the case of your selectively deaf friend
Please stop calling my mate a liar.
It was a big protest, he saw and heard what he saw and heard. He mentioned at the time some dodgy placards, he didn't hear the chants you mentioned at the time. Which doesn't mean they didn't occur but it was over a big area in central London and I seriously doubt the entire group of people marching were chanting it.

If you condemn far right thuggery yet constantly find yourself marching with them I have questions as to the sincerity of your condemnation, why should this be any different
Because the far right thuggery isn't just about marching, it's about violence and disorder and harming people.
Imagine a protest being sparked by a kid stabbing children and the response being to burn down a fucking hotel which has children in, because they're not English children. Holy shit!

The reason we rightly condemn far right apes, and defend these lot is in my view a form of classism and the subconscious attitude that racism by non white people isn’t as bad, because they’ve had to deal with racism themselves
No. I'll defend these lot because they are mostly peaceful and actually trying to bring harmony and peace - not all of them, that bloke wasn't doing that and I'm not defending him.
The far right are trying to do the opposite. There are some people who I DO think have legitimate concerns, but they're not out there marching or smashing shit up.

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 05:25 PM
Please stop calling my mate a liar.
It was a big protest, he saw and heard what he saw and heard. He mentioned at the time some dodgy placards, he didn't hear the chants you mentioned at the time. Which doesn't mean they didn't occur but it was over a big area in central London and I seriously doubt the entire group of people marching were chanting it.

Because the far right thuggery isn't just about marching, it's about violence and disorder and harming people.
Imagine a protest being sparked by a kid stabbing children and the response being to burn down a fucking hotel which has children in, because they're not English children. Holy shit!

No. I'll defend these lot because they are mostly peaceful and actually trying to bring harmony and peace - not all of them, that bloke wasn't doing that and I'm not defending him.
The far right are trying to do the opposite. There are some people who I DO think have legitimate concerns, but they're not out there marching or smashing shit up.

No I said he had selective hearing , it’s not the same thing as calling him a liar. It’s saying you see what you choose to see and hear what you choose to hear. People do figuratively wander around with their eyes closed when it suits them….especially when they are high on their own sense of righteousness.

You can choose to defend who you like, in my view even people with the most repugnant and ignorant views can also be peaceful in their behaviour. You think they are good people? Fine I think you’re naive. I don’t think that impasse is going to be broken

But again you fixate on this idea that I’m saying that they are as bad as the far right lot, in terms of behaviour absolutely not. I’m saying again that in my view these aren’t good people, they’ve been told repeatedly what from the river to the sea means and they still chant it, many of them ignore the vile Islamists in their presence and they shroud it under the pretence of social justice. If they are the antidote to the far right, then this country is fucked in my view

Letters
08-08-2024, 05:53 PM
No I said he had selective hearing , it’s not the same thing as calling him a liar. It’s saying you see what you choose to see and hear what you choose to hear. People do figuratively wander around with their eyes closed when it suits them….especially when they are high on their own sense of righteousness.
This is nonsense. My mate wasn't oblivious to the dodgy placards. Again, it was a large march spread over a large area. Literally last season there was talk of something happening in the Emirates (someone being booed? I forget the details). People on here said they didn't hear it and implied it didn't happen. It probably did happen, but if it happened the other side of the ground to them they probably didn't hear it. Not because of selective hearing, because of physical distance and the fact it was probably quite isolated.

You think they are good people?
You're talking about a large crowd. Saying "these aren’t good people" is a ridiculous generalisation about a group of people. There's going to be a range of attitudes. I think most of them have good intentions, want to end violence, want to bring harmony. I am not saying they all are, an example has been provided of someone who wasn't. The more violent protests - I'm happy to believe that some of them wanted to peacefully protest but I'd suggest a significantly higher percentage were violent yobs.

You might not think they're as bad as each other but you seem quite scathing about a whole group of people on the left when I'd suggest your ire should only be directed at a minority of them.

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 06:17 PM
This is nonsense. My mate wasn't oblivious to the dodgy placards. Again, it was a large march spread over a large area. Literally last season there was talk of something happening in the Emirates (someone being booed? I forget the details). People on here said they didn't hear it and implied it didn't happen. It probably did happen, but if it happened the other side of the ground to them they probably didn't hear it. Not because of selective hearing, because of physical distance and the fact it was probably quite isolated.

You're talking about a large crowd. Saying "these aren’t good people" is a ridiculous generalisation about a group of people. There's going to be a range of attitudes. I think most of them have good intentions, want to end violence, want to bring harmony. I am not saying they all are, an example has been provided of someone who wasn't. The more violent protests - I'm happy to believe that some of them wanted to peacefully protest but I'd suggest a significantly higher percentage were violent yobs.

You might not think they're as bad as each other but you seem quite scathing about a whole group of people on the left when I'd suggest your ire should only be directed at a minority of them.

Yeah absolutely I have nothing but contempt for them. We are well past the point of giving them the benefit of the doubt, and I’m judging them by the standards they would use to judge the right. When someone attends a march that is even condemned by the local Labour MP when it contains explicit hatred against what it calls Zionists (90% of British Jews identify as Zionist) no I’m not going to describe them as good people because they aren’t.

As I’ve said, this is the same gaslighting that went on when people went on about Corbyn being a decent guy when the evidence to the contrary was constantly there, that there wasn’t a crank world view that he wouldn’t have some connection to as long as it was explicitly Anti-Israel…and again the most charitable I can be is that these people are so self-deluded that they think their world view is a morally good one and are useful idiots for the most malign ideologies and regimes.

I don’t know how many marches of this ilk your mate attends, but yeah I think it’s fair to say that if he’s attended more than one that he’s likely choosing to ignore the available evidence of the type of people who organise the march and the types of people he’s marching with. We delude ourselves collectively into thinking the worst thing about the left is that they might be a bit out there with some of their beliefs, we totally discount that groups like the Socialist Worker party (who are often responsible for organising these so called Anti Fascist demonstrations) are the some of the most vile people in existence…who engaged on industrial level cover up of sexual abuse within their organisation and would support and fund not only just the IRA but were pro Saddam Hussein as well as supportive of regimes like Assad in Syria and Maduro in Venezuela.
It’s called the horseshoe effect. Doesn’t matter if it’s left or right…the more extreme you move away from the centre the more you’re going to be open to conspiracy theory, racial sectarianism and be ok with violence. The left in this country don’t generally become all that violent unless it’s against the far right (I’m good with that, let them kill each other for all I care) but France, Germany and recently in America that’s simply not the case.

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 06:29 PM
Sam Harris who I think is one of the few prominent public intellectuals who hasn’t either gone completely fucking insane or pretending at least to be to appeal to that online demographic, is more charitable than me describing the student protesters in America and the belief systems embraced by the modern left as being in a state of “moral confusion”. I think the time has long since passed where they can be given the excuse of ignorance to fall back on.

But then maybe I’m guilty of failure of imagination of doubting the extent of people’s credulity. They are likely on average better educated than those on the right, that’s not the same as being more intelligent

But yeah I think left wing tribalism and right wing tribalism are cancers on western society that erode clear thinking, and condemns us all to a world where objectivity and consistency are no longer things we even strive for

Letters
08-08-2024, 08:28 PM
Yeah absolutely I have nothing but contempt for them.
Which is stupid. You're judging a whole group of people who will have a wide range of opinions and outlooks on life. And you're saying you have contempt for all of them. It's a sweeping, meaningless generalisation. It's like saying you don't like football fans. What does that even mean? Sure, some football fans are violent thugs. Most aren't. So saying you have contempt for all of them would be pretty silly.

If you're saying extremism is bad then OK, I can get on board with that. But most of the people marching against the far right aren't extreme.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 08:30 PM

Good job cunts like you weren't calling the shots in 1939. Just because you are a coward doesn't mean nobody is British.

Mac76
08-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Good job cunts like you weren't calling the shots in 1939. Just because you are a coward doesn't mean nobody is British.

I genuinely don't even know what that typically offensive garbled rubbish is trying to say

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 08:49 PM
I genuinely don't even know what that typically offensive garbled rubbish is trying to say

Means you are a cunt and don't deserve to even have your feet on this hallowed ground. Fuck off maybe, before you are made to.

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 09:00 PM
Which is stupid. You're judging a whole group of people who will have a wide range of opinions and outlooks on life. And you're saying you have contempt for all of them. It's a sweeping, meaningless generalisation. It's like saying you don't like football fans. What does that even mean? Sure, some football fans are violent thugs. Most aren't. So saying you have contempt for all of them would be pretty silly.

If you're saying extremism is bad then OK, I can get on board with that. But most of the people marching against the far right aren't extreme.

I’m saying I know the types of people who show up for these events, how they organise and the kind of messaging that brings them to said events

They aren’t people from all walks of life and they don’t have a wide range of outlooks and world views, they often move in the same online circles…there’s a fag paper in difference of opinion and they call themselves anti racist despite curiously becoming hard of hearing and vision when it’s racism against Jews. Although it’s really hard to say that the white ones are fully non racist to blacks and Asians they have this patronising, paternalistic attitude

Cunts

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 09:00 PM
Means you are a cunt and don't deserve to even have your feet on this hallowed ground. Fuck off maybe, before you are made to.

Still making empty threats to people ?

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 09:02 PM
Still making empty threats to people ?

Didn't say I'd be the one correcting him. I don't do all that, not any more.

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 09:05 PM
Didn't say I'd be the one correcting him. I don't do all that, not any more.

Well if it’s just a prediction and it’s as accurate as most of your other predictions. He has nothing to worry about

Letters
08-08-2024, 09:10 PM
hallowed ground.
There's nothing particularly hallowed about this ground, you know.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 09:14 PM
There's nothing particularly hallowed about this ground, you know.

I'm not too shabby on my history. If you were so versed you might have a bit of self dignity.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 09:15 PM
Well if it’s just a prediction and it’s as accurate as most of your other predictions. He has nothing to worry about

Depends. If he pushes. Check the record. This ALWAYS turns out the same way.

Letters
They aren’t people from all walks of life and they don’t have a wide range of outlooks and world views
Yes they are and yes they do. I mean, maybe not that wide, but certainly a range.
To suggest that tens of thousands of people are all exactly aligned and you know what they're all like is ludicrous

Niall_Quinn
I’m saying I know the types of people who show up for these events, how they organise and the kind of messaging that brings them to said events

They aren’t people from all walks of life and they don’t have a wide range of outlooks and world views, they often move in the same online circles…there’s a fag paper in difference of opinion and they call themselves anti racist despite curiously becoming hard of hearing and vision when it’s racism against Jews. Although it’s really hard to say that the white ones are fully non racist to blacks and Asians they have this patronising, paternalistic attitude

Cunts

You know the types? Hilarious.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 09:17 PM
Yes they are and yes they do. I mean, maybe not that wide, but certainly a range.
To suggest that tens of thousands of people are all exactly aligned and you know what they're all like is ludicrous

Get back on message - you fuck. Everyone who doesn't agree with whatever the party hasn't scrubbed in the Ministry of Truth is the enemy. You know that much at least, surely?

Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right, Far right.

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 09:18 PM
You know the types? Hilarious.

Yes, basically they are you but with polar opposite views

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 09:23 PM
Yes, basically they are you but with polar opposite views

So describe me. Seeing as you "know".

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 09:31 PM
So describe me. Seeing as you "know".

I don’t know you at all. I only know what you present as on here

But basically you’re the person who claims to see through the quagmire of bullshit, like with the left the enemy is this nebulous establishment that completely brainwashes everyone else to go against their own interests and somehow you’re immune.

For them the problem is the evil Zionist media and its super rich backers, for you it’s an equally shadowy cabal of people who want to legitimise nonces or whatever else….although the two probably overlap quite a lot.

I tend to tune out if you write more than a couple of paragraphs. It’s a bit like reading the rantings of my well meaning but batshit cousin. He tends not to go on about his violent fantasies as much as you do though

There does seem to be a lot that sounds like it’s lifted verbatim from the garden variety populists on Twitter.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 09:37 PM
I don’t know you at all. I only know what you present as on here

But basically you’re the person who claims to see through the quagmire of bullshit, like with the left the enemy is this nebulous establishment that completely brainwashes everyone else to go against their own interests and somehow you’re immune.

For them the problem is the evil Zionist media and its super rich backers, for you it’s an equally shadowy cabal of people who want to legitimise nonces or whatever else….although the two probably overlap quite a lot.

I tend to tune out if you write more than a couple of paragraphs. It’s a bit like reading the rantings of my well meaning but batshit cousin. He tends not to go on about his violent fantasies as much as you do though

There does seem to be a lot that sounds like it’s lifted verbatim from the garden variety populists on Twitter.

I read your first sentence and it doesn't actually make any sense. WTF? Do it again. I'm not being a dick, but read that sentence and tell me it makes sense.

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 09:38 PM
I read your first sentence and it doesn't actually make any sense. WTF? Do it again. I'm not being a dick, but read that sentence and tell me it makes sense.

Yes it makes sense

Mac76
08-08-2024, 09:38 PM

charming, i take it from your resort to basic abuse and threats you know you've well and truly lost the argument - whatever it was... :shrug:

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 09:39 PM
The Zionist thing is fucking crazy. That's more of a callback to yourself don't you think? For sure, Zionists are scum, but only part of the scum crowd. Where do I do the Zionist thing to any notable degree? Provide some evidence will you? Not just a random post, but link it in with the "conspiracies" I'm pushing.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 09:40 PM
charming, i take it from your resort to basic abuse and threats you know you've well and truly lost the argument - whatever it was... :shrug:

I'm not having an argument, I'm making a statement.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 09:42 PM
Yes it makes sense

No it doesn't cunt. "Like with the enemy that is nebulous establishment"? That's just a pile of crap. Unless that was your intention. At least make a coherent argument.

Letters
08-08-2024, 09:43 PM

He's saying all we know about you is what you present on here. That doesn't mean we know the real you.
Most people online present a persona to some extent. I'm not saying you're playing a character on here - although some people do that online - but most people I've met in real life from here haven't quite been what I was expecting.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 09:48 PM
He's saying all we know about you is what you present on here. That doesn't mean we know the real you.
Most people online present a persona to some extent. I'm not saying you're playing a character on here - although some people do that online - but most people I've met in real life from here haven't quite been what I was expecting.

Well now your commie mate is in charge, thanks to 30% of the anti-British vermin who voted him in, and thanks to the fact the Brits still stupidly believe in rigged elections, you'll soon know all about me and I'll know all about you. And I'm pretty damn hot with IT, so once the state gets all your shit into a database, HELLO!

If you ever meet me you'll either get a kiss or a punch in the face. There's nothing else.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 09:49 PM
I hate very, very, very few people. Tony Blair. Pure hate. That's my benchmark.

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 09:49 PM
The Zionist thing is fucking crazy. That's more of a callback to yourself don't you think? For sure, Zionists are scum, but only part of the scum crowd. Where do I do the Zionist thing to any notable degree? Provide some evidence will you? Not just a random post, but link it in with the "conspiracies" I'm pushing.

Ok…we’ve established you can’t read what I’ve actually written

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 09:51 PM
I hate very, very, very few people. Tony Blair. Pure hate. That's my benchmark.

Ok just putting it out there. You give off the impression that there’s very, very, very few people you don’t hate

I don’t hate most people, because I don’t consider them worthwhile of the emotional investment

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 09:53 PM
Ok…we’ve established you can’t read what I’ve actually written

So probe it. Where do I do the Zionist thing? Or is that YOUR shit leaking out?

Ah, I see, is this some sort of anti-semitic slur? Well you have to be careful these days because one bunch of semites are lobbing missiles at another bunch. So which bunch do you think I'm ragging against? You goy any argument in there chum? Or just a bunch of non-stick pejoratives?

Letters
08-08-2024, 09:54 PM
And I'm pretty damn hot with IT, so once the state gets all your shit into a database, HELLO!
I'm pretty sure all my shit is already in multiple databases.

If you ever meet me you'll either get a kiss or a punch in the face. There's nothing else.
Can we not try a handshake?

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Ok just putting it out there. You give off the impression that there’s very, very, very few people you don’t hate

I don’t hate most people, because I don’t consider them worthwhile of the emotional investment

Well we almost agree, leaving aside your comedy psych routine. I only hate people that hate me AND can have an effect on my life. Who do you hate?

HCZ_Reborn
So probe it. Where do I do the Zionist thing? Or is that YOUR shit leaking out?

Ah, I see, is this some sort of anti-semitic slur? Well you have to be careful these days because one bunch of semites are lobbing missiles at another bunch. So which bunch do you think I'm ragging against? You goy any argument in there chum? Or just a bunch of non-stick pejoratives?

If you were able to read what I’d written, it wasn’t you I was accusing of doing the Zionist thing. But as we’ve established you can’t….

Niall_Quinn

No, tongues or nothing.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 09:58 PM
If you were able to read what I’d written, it wasn’t you I was accusing of doing the Zionist thing. But as we’ve established you can’t….

Oh really? You are doing that? Setting up the target then doing "them" - the media does that all the time. Nobody is fooled. Of course you never called me one of "them", you just associated me with "them" which is entirely pure an innocent and with the best intentions. Like I said, honesty is key.

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 10:02 PM
Well we almost agree, leaving aside your comedy psych routine. I only hate people that hate me AND can have an effect on my life. Who do you hate?

I hate people who I actively want to die. Most people in my direct sphere of influence only have an effect on my life if I permit them to.

So there’s Jihadists people like Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping, Bashar Al-Assad, The Al-Sauds, The Ayatollah Khomenei and his regime, Nicolas Maduro.

Please feel free to go on at length at how I only hate these people because of my naive media diet etc etc and I’ll definitely listen.

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 10:04 PM
Oh really? You are doing that? Setting up the target then doing "them" - the media does that all the time. Nobody is fooled. Of course you never called me one of "them", you just associated me with "them" which is entirely pure an innocent and with the best intentions. Like I said, honesty is key.

Cool, so we are going with paranoid fantasies rather than just basic reading. At least if I don’t bother to read your ramblings, I don’t try and pretend I know what you said in them

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 10:08 PM
Cool, so we are going with paranoid fantasies rather than just basic reading. At least if I don’t bother to read your ramblings, I don’t try and pretend I know what you said in them

Ah, onto paranoia? It's a veritable feast from the premium menu. And we drift further and further from the original point. It would be fun if this was the first time. But boring now.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 10:09 PM
Anyway, let's rattle through conspiracy theorist, far right, threat to the state and Putin lover because I haven't got all day.

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 10:11 PM
Ah, onto paranoia? It's a veritable feast from the premium menu. And we drift further and further from the original point. It would be fun if this was the first time. But boring now.

You had a point?

Yes if someone says this is what you meant when you said this, and it isn’t. I’m going to think them paranoid. Also going to remind you, that you took umbrage when you stated I was telling you what you think. Stones being thrown in glass houses and all that

HCZ_Reborn
08-08-2024, 10:13 PM
Anyway, let's rattle through conspiracy theorist, far right, threat to the state and Putin lover because I haven't got all day.

I don’t really need to be here for this do I?

If you’re going to argue against how you’ve interpreted what I’ve said. You go for it, and I’ll go to bed

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 10:16 PM
I don’t really need to be here for this do I?

If you’re going to argue against how you’ve interpreted what I’ve said. You go for it, and I’ll go to bed

Quite right. Useless waste of time.

Letters
08-08-2024, 10:18 PM
Quite right. Useless waste of time.

Finally! You've understood what this place is for :good:

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2024, 10:25 PM
Finally! You've understood what this place is for :good:

Nothing to boast about.

Letters
09-08-2024, 07:37 AM
Nothing to boast about.

It wasn't a boast, it was just a statement. You seem to constantly expect very serious discussions about the important matters of the day.
I keep explaining that's not really why people come here.

HCZ_Reborn
09-08-2024, 07:47 AM
It wasn't a boast, it was just a statement. You seem to constantly expect very serious discussions about the important matters of the day.

Let’s be fair we don’t even have broad agreement on what constitutes the important issues of the day

Fuck me he’s hard work, just look at the debate we had on the changing nature of football. Why I avoid engaging with the cunt usually.

Letters
14-08-2024, 05:49 PM
Let’s be fair we don’t even have broad agreement on what constitutes the important issues of the day.

You say that:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cn5r2q2kgpgo

Mac76
14-08-2024, 09:28 PM
You say that:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cn5r2q2kgpgo

I'm quite proud of the fact I've never heard of either of them

The Wengerbabies
15-08-2024, 01:11 AM
Wow.

https://x.com/GBNEWS/status/1823842000845856857

Letters
15-08-2024, 05:02 AM
Wengerbabies: “Wake up, sheeple! Stop letting the MSM tell you what to think!”

Also Wengerbabies: “Ooh look! GB News! I agree with them, they can tell me what to think!”

Just to address one piece of obvious bullshit, the thing about taxi drivers being banned from flying the England flag. The actual truth of that is there was some warning about drivers attaching ANY flag to their car in an unsafe way in case it fell off and caused a hazard. It was actually nothing to do with the England flag specifically but of course that’s how the right wing media spun it and a certain demographic (hello, Wengerbabies) ate it up. What a free thinker…

The Wengerbabies
15-08-2024, 05:13 AM
Wengerbabies: “Wake up, sheeple! Stop letting the MSM tell you what to think!”

Also Wengerbabies: “Ooh look! GB News! I agree with them, they can tell me what to think!”

Just to address one piece of obvious bullshit, the thing about taxi drivers being banned from flying the England flag. The actual truth of that is there was some warning about drivers attaching ANY flag to their car in an unsafe way in case it fell off and caused a hazard. It was actually nothing to do with the England flag specifically but of course that’s how the right wing media spun it and a certain demographic (hello, Wengerbabies) ate it up. What a free thinker…

I didn't actually watch the video. My main outrage was the shutting of roads for Pakistan independence day, I couldn't find a story about it anywhere else (wonder why... :rolleyes: )

Absolutely ridiculous.

Obviously I have to watch my words these days #twotierkeir

but if you're celebrating independence from Britain how about doing it over there and not over here, you're celebrating the end of British rule, or is this signifying a shift, a real end of British rule and a complete turning of the tables, if you get my meaning. It's very hard to articulate myself in a way that will not offend #twotierkeir

To put it politely why not go back to Pakistan?

Letters
15-08-2024, 09:23 AM
I didn't actually watch the video.
Well why post it then, you silly sausage?

My main outrage was the shutting of roads for Pakistan independence day
It's interesting how People Like You who go on about how you "can't say anything these days" in case someone is offended are so easily outraged.

I couldn't find a story about it anywhere else (wonder why... :rolleyes: )
You don't know why you didn't see the story elsewhere? Well let me help. It's because it isn't a story. It's clickbait by an overtly racist network, intended to enrage People Like You and sow yet more seeds of division. And People Like You who like to think of yourselfs as "free thinkers" lap it up and fall for it.

You don't though, do you? It's weird how People Like You . Always say "you can't say anything these days" while saying exactly what they like at all times.

I suspect a lot of them have grown up here.

HCZ_Reborn
15-08-2024, 09:30 AM
I'm quite proud of the fact I've never heard of either of them

Assumed (as it turns out correctly) that he was related to Tyson Fury. And just thought, don’t care either way but if he’s anything like his brother he’s probably a massive cunt.

HCZ_Reborn
15-08-2024, 09:37 AM
I didn't actually watch the video. My main outrage was the shutting of roads for Pakistan independence day, I couldn't find a story about it anywhere else (wonder why... :rolleyes: )

Absolutely ridiculous.

but if you're celebrating independence from Britain how about doing it over there and not over here, you're celebrating the end of British rule, or is this signifying a shift, a real end of British rule and a complete turning of the tables, if you get my meaning. It's very hard to articulate myself in a way that will not offend #twotierkeir

The creation of Pakistan was a British thing, we redrew the map of the Indian subcontinent and created the partition that led to the creation of Pakistan.

The double standard is that the creation of Pakistan and the creation of Israel share a rather similar history, lots of anger at the proposed dividing lines, lots of intransigence and lots of violence. Yet we don’t get people claiming that Pakistan shouldn’t exist and that the whole area should become India again.

Pakistanis don’t consider themselves refugees in their own land, and the UN doesn’t assist in perpetrating that delusion

The Wengerbabies
15-08-2024, 04:24 PM
I suspect a lot of them have grown up here.

And therein lies a huge part of the problem. Parallel societies where they have more loyalty to a 3rd world *censoredbyKeith* they may never have even been to then the country they were born and raised in.

HCZ_Reborn
15-08-2024, 04:41 PM
And therein lies a huge part of the problem. Parallel societies where they have more loyalty to a 3rd world *censoredbyKeith* they may never have even been to then the country they were born and raised in.

Would you feel the same if we were talking about Irish people who even when they were born here identify more as Irish than English?

I don’t like Pakistan especially as a country, its prioritised blasphemy laws over dealing with its shamefully low adult literacy and poverty levels. It harboured Bin Laden for years and too many people there are sympathetic to jihadist terrorism.

But this country is full of different people who have cultural ties to other countries.

As long as they can speak the language, respect our laws and don’t demand we respect their silly religion, I lack the required level of insecurity to be bothered by people celebrating foreign cultural ties.

The Wengerbabies
15-08-2024, 06:03 PM
Would you feel the same if we were talking about Irish people who even when they were born here identify more as Irish than English?

Yes.

But you also know that is different and they are far more culturally compatible.

HCZ_Reborn
15-08-2024, 07:43 PM
Yes.

But you also know that is different and they are far more culturally compatible.

Are they?

I’ve met all different kinds of British Pakistanis, most of them (especially those who were born here) are quite well integrated. Dont get me wrong there are issues in monocultural enclaves. But I wouldn’t want to make any generalisations about Pakistanis than I would Irish (although as I’m part Irish I feel comfortable calling them a bunch of bogtrotting cunts)

The Wengerbabies
15-08-2024, 08:44 PM
Are they?
Yes.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2024, 09:00 PM
Are they?

I’ve met all different kinds of British Pakistanis, most of them (especially those who were born here) are quite well integrated. Dont get me wrong there are issues in monocultural enclaves. But I wouldn’t want to make any generalisations about Pakistanis than I would Irish (although as I’m part Irish I feel comfortable calling them a bunch of bogtrotting cunts)

This coy type of compliant conformism is old. Just look at a map if you can't wrap your head around the very obvious differences. And go and ask an Indian for an opinion, they'll open your eyes PDQ. One of my closest associates is a Pakistani, another is an Irishman, nothing can be judged on an individual basis beyond your own individual relationship. But I have zero illusions about the acceptable (even though we fought wars) Irish community and the entirely unacceptable Pakistani community in general. Don't forget, the Irish community are as brainwashed by their demons and the Pakistani community are brainwashed by theirs. The latter have far more fearsome demons and if only 1% accept the call we have utter carnage. We are also brainwashed by our respective demons. The difference, I have concluded, is if Irish and British demons were revealed we'd reject them. I can't same the same for other demons and reactions. We saw this after 9/11 (even though the Americans did that themselves and it had nothing to do with Muslims, other than the people hired and the banks that financed it).

What I'd really like to see is British people overthrowing their tyrannical government and Irish people overthrowing their tyrannical government and Pakistani people overthrowing their tyrannical government and then all these people going to live in their own lands sans the threat of the one thing that causes all these problems, government. Diversity really is amazing, which is why everybody should go back to where they are culturally comfortable and progress those cultures.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2024, 09:04 PM
I hate people who I actively want to die. Most people in my direct sphere of influence only have an effect on my life if I permit them to.

So there’s Jihadists people like Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping, Bashar Al-Assad, The Al-Sauds, The Ayatollah Khomenei and his regime, Nicolas Maduro.

Please feel free to go on at length at how I only hate these people because of my naive media diet etc etc and I’ll definitely listen.

Sorry, but this is truly crazy. The bold bit. WTF are you on about? I'll get to your message later, but for the love of God, please try toi make sense of what you said there and then try to make it make sense to me. There are limits.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2024, 09:05 PM

Why even make such childish claims in an actual response? If you don't read what I say, how the hell can you respond to it? It's just dumb. Your brain is broken.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2024, 09:09 PM

I cannot emphasise enough to you how much you will regret wasting your time and intellect on the trivial as the cage closed around you. You'll realise in the end, but it will be far, far too late. The confidence in which you express your complacency is chilling. All you seem to want to do is win arguments on the Internet. That seems to be a life reward. The last word, the final trivial remark, the dedication to mundanity as events of great import swirl around your oblivious form. Until the day you finally look around you and ask, "How did this happen?" Let me spare you the question.

YOU did it.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2024, 09:22 PM

No! We can't. I started with a handshake, with everyone. And the response was, SURE, if we agree on everything then we can shake hands - otherwise you are a racist, conspiracy theorist, misogynistic, blah. Your lot don't do reason.

The way you just accept you are in multiple databases, like that's just normal. Why can't I access the privileged communications of MPs so I can see what they are up to as they "represent" me? Wouldn't you think thtat was far more appropriate than them building a database on you and me? We're in charge, right? They do what we say?

You believe that just as much as I believe it. But you still need it to be true.

They are very, very bad people and under no circumstances is it valid to endorse or support them.

BECAUSE you. endorse and support them, and because they are very, very bad people (mountains of evidence already provided), and even (if you want) because we are Christians - WE HAVE A DUTY. It is not a choice.

But you abandon that duty and then ask me to shake your hand. How can you expect me to do that? Why would you even suggest it?

Do you think I do the Christian thing because I have a secret bias against Christians that I'm trying to seep into the conversation? Or do you think I do the Christian thing because I'm absolutely fucking serious? Can a man who endorses evil and tries to convert those to his evil honestly expect to pass through the eye of that particular needle?

I think you have no idea what is coming, even though I informed you at every step.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2024, 09:25 PM

I thought you supported BLM and antifa? Why the sudden change of heart?

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2024, 09:31 PM

No, you are a traitor to the nation. That's no small thing. Detested all through history. There was never anything worse than a traitor to the nation. Not because it had borders and a flag and some poxy government, but because this is where your family grows and thrives and the neighbours around you build the community that provides security and cultural interaction that makes these few short years on the planet worth it. People who feel an urgency to destroy that are rightly despised.

As for threats, wouldn't even waste my time on a beta like you. Be a man, don't hit girls, don't support the spuds - these were already rules to live by, so you are safe darling.

The Wengerbabies
15-08-2024, 09:49 PM
This coy type of compliant conformism is old. Just look at a map if you can't wrap your head around the very obvious differences. And go and ask an Indian for an opinion, they'll open your eyes PDQ. .

Anyone who claims Pakistanis are more culturally similar to the British then the the Irish are is being a deliberately obtuse virtue signaller

The Wengerbabies
16-08-2024, 06:35 AM
https://x.com/RadioGenoa/status/1824203018302079138

The UK :rose:

for what it was not what it became

HCZ_Reborn
16-08-2024, 06:36 AM
Yes.

I’d rather have the English-Pakistani family that live next door but one from me than have a load of pikeys from Ireland living across the road in the field opposite.

If you’re saying Irish culture is preferable to Pakistani culture I won’t argue with that, but it’s also not what I’m saying. It’s just easier and more accurate to take people as you find them than judge them by the entirety of their cultural heritage

The Wengerbabies
16-08-2024, 07:06 AM
https://x.com/RadioGenoa/status/1824159526460768356

Wow.

Marc Overmars
16-08-2024, 08:41 AM
https://x.com/RadioGenoa/status/1824159526460768356

Wow.

What’s wrong with this? It’s a bit of fun. Beats having stones and bricks hurled at you by some brain dead idiots.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2024, 08:47 AM
I’d rather have the English-Pakistani family that live next door but one from me than have a load of pikeys from Ireland living across the road in the field opposite.

If you’re saying Irish culture is preferable to Pakistani culture I won’t argue with that, but it’s also not what I’m saying. It’s just easier and more accurate to take people as you find them than judge them by the entirety of their cultural heritage

And it's also obvious that if you have one resident from a foreign culture in a street of a hundred native residents it is likely the cultural effect of the foreign family will be close to insignificant. You could say there's a 1% impact at most if the foreign resident is determined not to integrate in any way. Or a zero significance if he starts drinking tea, playing cricket and wearing bowler hats.

Now move 24 natives out and 24 foreigners in. What do the dynamics look like now? How about 50/50? What if you suddenly find that just a handful of these new neighbours spend their day staring at your 12 year old daughter and following her down the street? Or shouting at her because she won't dress the way they demand? What if you wake up one morning and there are strange wails blaring across the street? That would be cultural enrichment I suppose?

You can take each individual as you find them, and that's a decent policy. But it doesn't stop your street being transformed. What do you think happens when you are the last native on that street? What do you think that will mean for your daughter, or your wife? Will you just sit there and wait for it to happen and trust, because of your good behaviour, the sentiment will be returned by this new population and they'll just say, well, in the case of you and your daughter, we'll just forget about the laws our god demands of us - as they pray five times a day to demonstrate that devotion?

Would you say your policy is prudent or risky? Bound for success or doomed to failure? Is it a good idea to even find out?

Not according to the likes of Starmer. Even raising the issue affiliates you with this new far-right. So you don't. You keep your head down and wait out the last days of your culture.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2024, 11:50 AM
Uh-oh, looks like they'll be coming for me. Somebody just got charged today with one of the charges being posting "anti-establishment rhetoric" on social media. I suppose I may have been a bit anti-establishment from time to time, though truth isn't necessarily rhetoric.

I wonder how blatant and ridiculous this has to get before the normies start noticing? Depend what's on telly I suppose.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2024, 11:57 AM
What’s wrong with this? It’s a bit of fun. Beats having stones and bricks hurled at you by some brain dead idiots.

In the current climate though, it's highly provocative and it's fair to accuse them of stirring the pot. I mean it's not going to endear them to those who rightly claim there's an obvious two-tier system in place. Their "impartial" actions here will embolden one side and aggravate the other, in many cases.

I assume that gathering remained peaceful, but I wonder what the coppers would have done had anything kicked off? Maybe run away, as in other instances? Or even keep dancing, the same as when they took the knee for BLM "mostly peaceful" types?

That's if the video is even real. Nothing can be trusted these days.

Marc Overmars
16-08-2024, 01:53 PM
In the current climate though, it's highly provocative and it's fair to accuse them of stirring the pot. I mean it's not going to endear them to those who rightly claim there's an obvious two-tier system in place. Their "impartial" actions here will embolden one side and aggravate the other, in many cases.

I assume that gathering remained peaceful, but I wonder what the coppers would have done had anything kicked off? Maybe run away, as in other instances? Or even keep dancing, the same as when they took the knee for BLM "mostly peaceful" types?

That's if the video is even real. Nothing can be trusted these days.

To be fair the police have regularly be seen indulging in many cultural celebrations. Notting Hill probably being the best example. Provocative? I guess it could be seen that way by those who are of the “two tier” belief but this was simply a celebration, not a protest or act of defiance of any kind. Nothing was ever going to kick off there and if it did I’d wager it wouldn’t have been instigated by those out there celebrating.

HCZ_Reborn
16-08-2024, 02:36 PM
Not really provocative at all, unless celebrating Pakistan Independence Day involved openly celebrating the rape and grooming of kafir girls, and the beheading of blasphemers.

In fact it’s no more laudable than saying that if Police took part in Shavuot celebrations, it would be provocative because Muzzas are upset about Gaza

It’s provocative to those who want an excuse to say they were provoked

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2024, 03:51 PM
To be fair the police have regularly be seen indulging in many cultural celebrations. Notting Hill probably being the best example. Provocative? I guess it could be seen that way by those who are of the “two tier” belief but this was simply a celebration, not a protest or act of defiance of any kind. Nothing was ever going to kick off there and if it did I’d wager it wouldn’t have been instigated by those out there celebrating.

My point is, people are actually being arrested and jailed right now for simply retweeting shit, and some of it is far from hate speech. So there's an iron fist for anyone who protests the multicultural narrative. You'll never EVER see a copper join in with peaceful gatherings that celebrate national identity, such as the entirely peaceful gatherings in London recently. If anything, the coppers try to start problems at those sort of events, using their kettling BS tactics and the like. So when we see them dancing at other cultural celebrations it simply reinforces the blatant and obvious two-tier attitude and approach that you seem to be hinting you don't think is real, despite the overwhelming evidence.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2024, 03:53 PM
Not really provocative at all, unless celebrating Pakistan Independence Day involved openly celebrating the rape and grooming of kafir girls, and the beheading of blasphemers.

In fact it’s no more laudable than saying that if Police took part in Shavuot celebrations, it would be provocative because Muzzas are upset about Gaza

It’s provocative to those who want an excuse to say they were provoked

Call me when they take part in celebrations of the native culture, which they will never do. Diversity and multiculturalism are the biggest and most destructive lies ever sold in the modern era, which is why we see the two opposing approaches from the government, its media and the muscle they hire to enforce their agendas.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2024, 06:39 PM
Seems as if the demons are serious about this monkeypox, or mpox, scam. Looks like they are going to play their hand and without shame. If the majority of people fall for it then, fuck, we are done. The covid scam should have been a big enough wake up call, but if not enough people woke up I guess we are done. If the US 2024 elections are stolen again there is no going back.

The Wengerbabies
17-08-2024, 01:35 AM
And it's also obvious that if you have one resident from a foreign culture in a street of a hundred native residents it is likely the cultural effect of the foreign family will be close to insignificant.

Or with this particular culture merely practising taqiyya.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2024, 01:43 AM
Or with this particular culture merely practising taqiyya.

The "good"people are avoiding this. They only want to comment on trivia. I don't mind turkeys voting for Christmas, up to them. Stupid is what stupid does. But the fact they label turkeys who are even wary of Christmas as "far-right" is what gives the marxists punching power. It's not the silly, small penis types like Starmer that are the problem. It's the brainwashed masses that give numbers to his bullshit. Those turkeys will have to see the chopping block before they engage their brains.

Letters
20-08-2024, 12:40 PM
I cannot emphasise enough to you how much you will regret wasting your time and intellect on the trivial as the cage closed around you. You'll realise in the end, but it will be far, far too late.
Oh yes? When do the army arrive then? They seem to be running a little late.

The confidence in which you express your complacency is chilling.
The confidence in which you express your doom-mongering is baffling given your past record of predictions.

All you seem to want to do is win arguments on the Internet. That seems to be a life reward.
Literally all you know about me is what is on here. As I keep explaining, this is not where I come to do anything important. I mostly post on here to waste time when I should be working. Hence me not replying to some of your posts last week because I was on leave and I have better things to do.

No! We can't. I started with a handshake, with everyone. And the response was, SURE, if we agree on everything then we can shake hands - otherwise you are a racist, conspiracy theorist, misogynistic, blah. Your lot don't do reason.
I pretty much do nothing but reason with you. You pretty much ignore it all.
But you ARE a conspiracy theorist - there is pretty much no conspiracy theory you won't jump on the bandwaggon.
Misogynist and racist I'm less sure about. You act like you are sometimes on here but I suspect it's just for show, I'm not sure you really are.

The way you just accept you are in multiple databases, like that's just normal.
It is normal. The more pertinent question is whether it's a bad thing. Personally, I don't care. Via GDPR we have the right to see what data is held about us and the right to be forgotten if you're that bothered. What are they going to do, advertise to me? They already do and despite all this data they have about me their algorithms suck. They're mostly trying to extract more money from me but they're not doing a very good job. If they get better at it and show me more things I'm interested in in then fine with me. They're not forcing me to buy anything, if I see more stuff I like then I might buy more of it but it's stuff I like so... :shrug:

Why can't I access the privileged communications of MPs so I can see what they are up to as they "represent" me? Wouldn't you think thtat was far more appropriate than them building a database on you and me? We're in charge, right? They do what we say?
You can find out loads of information about what your MP says and does.
https://www.theyworkforyou.com/

They are very, very bad people and under no circumstances is it valid to endorse or support them.
They mostly aren't.

Do you think I do the Christian thing
I don't think you do the Christian thing.

I think you have no idea what is coming, even though I informed you at every step.
Yeah yeah. When's the curfew again?

Letters
22-08-2024, 07:44 AM
That's this year's Bowie :rose:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c1w78ylrq8jo

The Wengerbabies
24-08-2024, 04:27 PM
https://x.com/TheLiberal_ie/status/1827380385312809464

Part and parcel

HCZ_Reborn
25-08-2024, 11:38 AM
The war in the Middle East has opened up a new front (well officially) Hezbollah has been targeting Israel with Rockets constantly over the past ten months. And now Israel has decided to start targeting South Lebanon where the strikes are coming from. No doubt the usual people will start decrying Israel for its aggression because it decided it wasn’t going to allow Hezbollah to keep firing rockets unanswered to the point where large parts of Northern Israel lie abandoned.

What this means for the Gazan war who knows, Netanyahu will probably want to conclude things as quickly as possible which whilst it will leave Hamas out of power in the area, will allow it to keep on existing so invariably it can grow back like Japanese knotweed and thus make it so everyone who died on October 7th and subsequently will have died in vain. That revolting human carcinoma Yaryar Sinwar will probably manage to escape with his life (happy to allow Palestinians to die, and directly murder them himself but demands any ceasefire agreement means he won’t have to surrender himself)

For so called peace-niks, I’m afraid this conflict is going nowhere thanks to Iran. An old saying in the Middle East “Iran will fight Israel to the last Arab” (keep in mind Persians are not Arabs)

Marc Overmars
27-08-2024, 08:55 AM
Oasis reunion next year. :bow:

Letters
27-08-2024, 05:51 PM
My wife said to me “will you please stop singing Wonderwall by Oasis.”
I said “maybeeeee”

:cool:

Will probably try to get tickets - I imagine that will be carnage but they are playing a load of dates so there’s a decent chance. Definitely not in the “mosh pit” though. I’m too old for all that shit and I could do without spending the evening being jostled by 20,000 Manc twats all “mad fer it”

Mac76
28-08-2024, 08:14 AM
been there seen it done it - i'll leave it to all the balding 40-and-50 somethings with saggy jeans who want to pretend they're cool and spend £25 on a t-shirt that falls apart after a couple of washes

Marc Overmars
28-08-2024, 08:29 AM
I’ve seen them twice before and I’m as pumped now as I was now back in the day. A lot of younger people are also excited because they’ve followed the brothers solo careers so it’s a great opportunity for them. I’m a bit of an Oasis simp I can’t lie. I think the first two albums are masterpieces and will always evoke feelings from my youth and that era on the whole.

Mac76
28-08-2024, 09:41 AM
I’ve seen them twice before and I’m as pumped now as I was now back in the day. A lot of younger people are also excited because they’ve followed the brothers solo careers so it’s a great opportunity for them. I’m a bit of an Oasis simp I can’t lie. I think the first two albums are masterpieces and will always evoke feelings from my youth and that era on the whole.

all fair, agreed re the first two albums, hope you get tickets!

The Wengerbabies
28-08-2024, 01:35 PM
Oasis reunion next year. :bow:

One hit wonders

Letters
28-08-2024, 06:23 PM
One hit wonders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egBGU8rz5JY

HCZ_Reborn
28-08-2024, 08:34 PM
I’ve always thought the rift between Liam and Noel quite performative, I’m sure they are both a pair of dickheads when it suits them. But it generates interest..

The Wengerbabies
28-08-2024, 11:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egBGU8rz5JY

You may think so but other than wonderwall I have no idea what other songs they have srs

Letters
29-08-2024, 11:34 AM
You may think so but other than wonderwall I have no idea what other songs they have srs

Yes mate, I completely believe you’ve never heard of Don’t Look Back In Anger :yawn:

Letters
29-08-2024, 11:36 AM
I’ve always thought the rift between Liam and Noel quite performative, I’m sure they are both a pair of dickheads when it suits them. But it generates interest..

I think Liam is the big dickhead. But I don’t think they’re bright enough to fabricate a rift for this long just so they can cash in on the reunion payday this long after

Mac76
29-08-2024, 11:55 AM
I think Liam is the big dickhead. But I don’t think they’re bright enough to fabricate a rift for this long just so they can cash in on the reunion payday this long after

apparently they've only announced the first part of the tour just to see if the two of them can actually get along...

Liam needs the money more I should think and as he's the bigger dickhead as you say, maybe that will help him keep a lid on it

HCZ_Reborn
29-08-2024, 12:31 PM
apparently they've only announced the first part of the tour just to see if the two of them can actually get along...

Liam needs the money more I should think and as he's the bigger dickhead as you say, maybe that will help him keep a lid on it

I generally don’t think the fallout was ever as big as either claimed. Have they gone through periods of massive flaming rows? Oh definitely….its bad enough being on tour for weeks with a non family member, but brothers will always row and fight. But I think the extent of the rift was performative. Liam is a childish dickhead, Noel is up his own arse….but being famous (especially famous musicians) almost encourages people to become the worst version of themselves because they have people blowing smoke up their arse constantly and therefore they think they are entitled to, what realistically for all their talent they’ve been lucky to achieve

The Wengerbabies
29-08-2024, 02:19 PM
Yes mate, I completely believe you’ve never heard of Don’t Look Back In Anger :yawn:

Fair enough but the fact you had to mention it for me to recall it proves my point.

I couldn't tell you how it went but I recognise the title and I'm sure if I heard it I'd recognise the song but I wouldn't know what it was off the bat.

One hit wonders.

HCZ_Reborn
29-08-2024, 02:37 PM
More importantly who gives a fuck what music anyone likes or doesn’t like, it’s totally subjective anyway

Personally whilst I appreciate that their first two albums are considered their best work (preferred what’s the story to definitely maybe) I personally prefer a lot of their slightly later stuff. I really like Standing on the Shoulders of Giants as an album (and the consensus amongst music critics is that this album is average at best)

I remember some dickhead down the pub declaring nothing Led Zepellin did after Led Zepellin IV was worth listening to….yeah in your opinion mate. I couldn’t even be bothered to argued, just did the whole insincere nod

dazthegooner
29-08-2024, 03:20 PM
Lee Carsley has shown how much he wants the England job be recalling Harry McGuire :lol:

Mac76
29-08-2024, 03:34 PM

'yawn' is right, it's one of the most overrated songs in history, an almost indescribably boring dirge of a number

HCZ_Reborn
29-08-2024, 04:27 PM
Lee Carsley has shown how much he wants the England job be recalling Harry McGuire :lol:

Has anyone here ever cut themselves deliberately in order to feel something?

Would you recommend?

Letters
29-08-2024, 07:43 PM
More importantly who gives a fuck what music anyone likes or doesn’t like, it’s totally subjective anyway
Correct, but they were the UK’s biggest band for 20 years, had 5 consecutive number one albums and 14 singles which got to number 1 or 2, 8 were number ones.
That’s not subjective, that’s just numbers.
Wengerbabies’ trolling continues to be boring and tiresome.

I heard an interesting thing on The Rest is Entertainment podcast. They were talking about…possibly Taylor Swift. She is indisputably one of the biggest acts around right now and 85% of the population, possibly more, could not give a shit about her. I am part of that 85%. Their point was even the biggest acts in the world are only loved by a relatively small percentage of the population

The Wengerbabies
29-08-2024, 07:52 PM
Wengerbabies’ trolling continues to be boring and tiresome.

Someone doesn't agree with me they must be trolling :rolleyes:

Fact is they haven't had the same staying power as say the Spice Girls.

HCZ_Reborn
29-08-2024, 08:09 PM

“How dare you accuse me of trolling despite the fact that, that’s clearly what I’m doing”

Maybe if the word Trolling bothers you, we can give it a rebrand and call it engagement mining

HCZ_Reborn
29-08-2024, 08:12 PM
I joined the Online Arsenal forum three days ago because this place is about as active and thriving as Pripyat

Took me three and a half days to get my account suspended. I’ll be honest, I thought you guys were a bunch of cunts…but you can always encounter a bigger cunt

Letters
29-08-2024, 08:29 PM

Screw you for cheating on us :sulk:
Serves you right

Letters
29-08-2024, 08:54 PM
When you call them “One Hit Wonders” you are trolling.
It’s demonstrably untrue.
When you say:

That isn’t a fact, it’s an opinion. But it is something which can be discussed.
They both have an enduring legacy, one could argue that The Spice Girls with all the girl power stuff have had a greater cultural impact. But Oasis are said to be doing 8 gigs at Wembley as part of their reunion tour. I don’t think they’ll have too much problem selling out and I’m not sure The Spice Girls have ever had quite that scale of following. Embarrassingly I did see The Spice Girls back in the day, that was at Wembley Arena. (I was trying to impress someone, didn’t work)

HCZ_Reborn
29-08-2024, 09:44 PM

Screw you for cheating on us :sulk:
Serves you right

It’s not cheating we never agreed exclusivity

It probably didn’t help that in response to someone saying they agreed with the outdoor smoking ban and would take it even further I responded with “calling you an authoritarian is probably more polite than calling you a cunt”

That and when the guy claimed he wasn’t threatening to ban me he was “reminding me that there were consequences to my behaviour” I responded “oh right, I guess you can polish a turd then”

Mac76
30-08-2024, 08:41 AM
It’s not cheating we never agreed exclusivity

It probably didn’t help that in response to someone saying they agreed with the outdoor smoking ban and would take it even further I responded with “calling you an authoritarian is probably more polite than calling you a cunt”

That and when the guy claimed he wasn’t threatening to ban me he was “reminding me that there were consequences to my behaviour” I responded “oh right, I guess you can polish a turd then”

sounds like the kind of civilised place where they don't allow base abuse to take the place of sound reasoning - might give it a try... ;)

HCZ_Reborn
30-08-2024, 08:46 AM
sounds like the kind of civilised place where they don't allow base abuse to take the place of sound reasoning - might give it a try... ;)

As a counsellor we have a rule that we wouldn’t recommend anything that we haven’t first tried ourselves

Something for you to reflect on

Also there’s no shame in you admitting you have no hope of competing with me on an intellectual level, if for no better reason it would be pretty hard for me to think less of you than I already do.

Letters
30-08-2024, 09:27 AM
:lol: You two.

That sort of behaviour would have seen you banned immediately when this place first started, HCZ.
But much like dogs come to look like their owners (or is that the other way around?), this place has come to look its members. It has somewhat devolved since it started but those few of us who remain seem to like it that way so who am I to clamp down? I could wield my banhammer more, but those who didn’t like it being the Wild West have already pissed off, so… :shrug:

HCZ_Reborn
30-08-2024, 09:47 AM
:lol: You two.

That sort of behaviour would have seen you banned immediately when this place first started, HCZ.
But much like dogs come to look like their owners (or is that the other way around?), this place has come to look its members. It has somewhat devolved since it started but those few of us who remain seem to like it that way so who am I to clamp down? I could wield my banhammer more, but those who didn’t like it being the Wild West have already pissed off, so… :shrug:

I think regardless of how busy this place is or isn’t. My feeling is towards light touch regulation of posting. If I was making truly personal remarks towards Mac76 based on his actual life or any of his family members then yeah that would qualify as abuse and harassment. I won’t lie, based on our interactions here I don’t especially like the guy, I cannot imagine ever wanting to socialise with someone like that in real life, but anything I say about him is based on observation of his postings. I don’t know him, I never will…he doesn’t know me, he never will.

And I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that everything I’ve expressed about him is reciprocated or if he’s smarter than I take him to be, he doesn’t care about me at all.

Doxxing, Bot Accounts and what counts as abusive/persistent harassment is what should be targeted. It’s not unknown for me or Mac76 to discuss things sensibly when neither of our egos are in play

Mac76
30-08-2024, 12:26 PM
"Someone like that" :haha:

HCZ_Reborn
30-08-2024, 12:46 PM
"Someone like that" :haha:

Well I do keep trying to tell you, there’s almost nothing unique or original about you :)

Letters
30-08-2024, 02:18 PM
Just remember, you’re unique.
Just like everyone else

Letters
30-08-2024, 02:18 PM
Also, just got back from the Isle of Wight - hence the lack of posting over the last week.
What a lovely place. It helped that the weather was splendid.

HCZ_Reborn
30-08-2024, 02:46 PM
Just remember, you’re unique.
Just like everyone else

You’re not his mum, it’s not your job to lie to him like that

Letters
30-08-2024, 03:13 PM
Ah, poo.
There's a pre-sale for Oasis. But you had to register and being away I missed all that so I guess I'll have to join the scramble tomorrow morning.
Knickers.

The Wengerbabies
30-08-2024, 03:36 PM
I joined the Online Arsenal forum three days ago because this place is about as active and thriving as Pripyat

Took me three and a half days to get my account suspended. I’ll be honest, I thought you guys were a bunch of cunts…but you can always encounter a bigger cunt

Goonersworld is where it's at.

HCZ_Reborn
30-08-2024, 03:39 PM
Goonersworld is where it's at.

Filthy apostate :censored:

Mac76
30-08-2024, 04:05 PM
I looked up Arsenal online instead of online Arsenal and got this :lol:

https://arsenalonline.net/

looks ok although 2d shooters are a bit boring imo

Mac76
30-08-2024, 04:06 PM
Also, just got back from the Isle of Wight - hence the lack of posting over the last week.
What a lovely place. It helped that the weather was splendid.

The closest thing possible to travelling in time to the past... :lol:

but yes have also been there and it was decent - did you go and see the needles?

Letters
30-08-2024, 04:21 PM
did you go and see the needles?
We did. I believe that is all but mandatory.
Yes, it is a bit like being in the past but I don't regard that as a bad thing. My mum lives on the Isle of Man and it's worse there. Very beautiful but good luck doing anything of an evening or if it's not holiday season.

HCZ_Reborn
30-08-2024, 04:26 PM
I looked up Arsenal online instead of online Arsenal and got this :lol:

https://arsenalonline.net/

looks ok although 2d shooters are a bit boring imo

After Wolfenstein and Doom, there was just no going back

HCZ_Reborn
30-08-2024, 04:28 PM
We did. I believe that is all but mandatory.
Yes, it is a bit like being in the past but I don't regard that as a bad thing. My mum lives on the Isle of Man and it's worse there. Very beautiful but good luck doing anything of an evening or if it's not holiday season.

The Manx Triskellion looks like the symbol of a dystopian dictatorship

I’ve heard they are a bit peculiar there. I don’t know in what way, people never elaborate

Letters
30-08-2024, 04:30 PM
I think regardless of how busy this place is or isn’t. My feeling is towards light touch regulation of posting.
Agreed.
I do post elsewhere - not an Arsenal forum, for the record, just another little obsession of mine.
Anyway, the moderation there is a bit silly if you ask me. It's so easy to get banned, any posts which don't toe the party line get booted into a junk section.
I don't post much there and nor does anyone else, I suspect their moderation style puts a lot of people off.

Letters
30-08-2024, 04:31 PM
I’ve heard they are a bit peculiar there. I don’t know in what way, people never elaborate
I must admit at times it did feel a bit...Wicker Man.
But we were tourists mostly mixing with other tourists so I didn't really get a feel for what the locals are like.

HCZ_Reborn
30-08-2024, 04:52 PM
I must admit at times it did feel a bit...Wicker Man.
But we were tourists mostly mixing with other tourists so I didn't really get a feel for what the locals are like.

So you weren’t propositioned by the landlord’s daughter

Letters
30-08-2024, 06:06 PM

I wish <_<

HCZ_Reborn
30-08-2024, 06:16 PM
https://youtu.be/xx70L_wBZB8?si=OyKKdD8Vd31yoBN9

Christopher Lee often stated that out of all the films he appeared in, this was his favourite.

Letters
30-08-2024, 07:35 PM
Absolutely love that film.
Am a bit annoyed they remade it and refuse to watch the new version.

Letters
30-08-2024, 08:33 PM
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/beatles-announce-reunion-out-of-spite-20240827250440

HCZ_Reborn
30-08-2024, 08:49 PM
Absolutely love that film.
Am a bit annoyed they remade it and refuse to watch the new version.

Oh you mean the Nicholas Cage one?

It’s worth watching, but basically because it’s absolutely hilariously terrible. Like the Room Terrible.

Marc Overmars
30-08-2024, 09:01 PM
Ah, poo.
There's a pre-sale for Oasis. But you had to register and being away I missed all that so I guess I'll have to join the scramble tomorrow morning.
Knickers.

Got 4 tickets. :dance:

Letters
30-08-2024, 09:30 PM
Well done :angry:

Unfortunately being away I missed the memo about the presale. Bah. Will have a go tomorrow

Letters
31-08-2024, 07:32 AM
TicketMaster and SeeTickets have both died on their arse this morning :(

Mac76
31-08-2024, 08:48 AM

enjoy :good:

Letters
31-08-2024, 06:49 PM
Fuck TicketMaster
Fuck SeeTickets
And really really fuck resale sites

:fury:

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2024, 06:34 PM

Sell them and retire.

Letters
02-09-2024, 01:36 PM
First call of the day a colleague moaning about how she, too, failed to get tickets. I don't know anyone who got them.
MO doesn't count as he cheated by being in the presale :sulk:

Letters
02-09-2024, 06:42 PM
First no Oasis tickets and and now this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx2n15vk1xjo

Letters
03-09-2024, 12:49 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cgq2pez5dyyo

She has...aged. But I guess it's not the 80s any more.

HCZ_Reborn
03-09-2024, 06:09 PM
In Kensington, watching Jeremy Vine (ugh) interview Nate Silver

Letters
03-09-2024, 07:24 PM
The Nate Silver? Wow! I can’t believe you’re seeing someone I’ve never heard of.

HCZ_Reborn
03-09-2024, 08:12 PM
The Nate Silver? Wow! I can’t believe you’re seeing someone I’ve never heard of.

I can’t be held responsible for who you’ve heard of or not

Basically he’s an American who had a statistical modelling site called 538 (based on the Amount of electoral college points there are in US elections). He’s quite famous in America for election forecasts.

Letters
03-09-2024, 08:19 PM
Well that all sounds riveting ;)

HCZ_Reborn
03-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Well that all sounds riveting ;)

Meh I didn’t pay for the tickets, and I used to listen to his podcast loads. And interesting (in my view) to get his insight into things like AI, effective altruism, and the differences between the village (the political and cultural elites) and the river (the high risk takers, the tech giants and disrupters etc).

Letters
04-09-2024, 05:17 PM
Oasis just announced 2 more dates!

Mac76
05-09-2024, 10:06 PM

Ticketmaster will be delighted

The Wengerbabies
05-09-2024, 11:10 PM
Don't really know much about these guys and never actually watched anything from them before but this explains why they're being hounded on trumped up charges https://x.com/ronin21btc/status/1831252825390690605

HCZ_Reborn
06-09-2024, 11:32 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd9dwxexp77o

Not going to lie, I did think this story was utter bollocks when I first heard it. But her husband freely admits to what he did, and this poor woman has shown admirable spirit to waive anonymity and say “I’ve nothing to be ashamed of, the people that did this to me have”.

Hopefully all of them are convicted

Letters
06-09-2024, 11:49 AM
Ooft. That's all pretty grim

Letters
08-09-2024, 07:38 PM

Which you need some code to access the sale for which I didn’t even get an email to join the ballot for

:angry:

HCZ_Reborn
09-09-2024, 07:10 AM
Which you need some code to access the sale for which I didn’t even get an email to join the ballot for

:angry:

Face it man, God does not want you to see Oasis in concert

Letters
09-09-2024, 07:18 AM
It would certainly appear that way <_<.
Although I’m sure MO has a spare ticket I can nab. :popcorn:

Mac76
09-09-2024, 08:27 AM
I think I've seen them but can't remember for sure, it might have been at Glastonbury very early on but those days are all a bit blurry :) - talking of which i definitely saw Blur there mid-afternoon, ditto Verve (as they were called back then).

But i do remember well sitting in my back garden when i was living right by Finsbury Park and listening to the Oasis concert there, whenever that was, it feels like I was there

Letters
09-09-2024, 08:54 AM
I saw Blur back in the day at Hyde Park, that was a good gig.

HCZ_Reborn
09-09-2024, 09:33 AM
Speaking of dickheads, I really can’t stand Damon Albarn….any further up his own aris he could nibble on his tonsils

I do like Blur as a band though