User Tag List

Page 3258 of 3258 FirstFirst ... 22582758315832083248325632573258
Results 32,571 to 32,580 of 32580

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AI is clearly a useful tool when used well.
    It will replace some jobs and facilitate others. But it's not going to take over as many jobs as some people believe, IMO.
    People have been saying the machines are taking over for as long as there have been machines. It's never happened, I doubt it ever will. It may remove some jobs but it will create others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use AI sometimes when we haven’t done a shop and need to make dinner with whatever we’ve got in. Stick the ingredients in the app and it will come up with a recipe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I use AI sometimes when we haven’t done a shop and need to make dinner with whatever we’ve got in. Stick the ingredients in the app and it will come up with a recipe.
    which app do you use for that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    which app do you use for that?
    ChatGPT!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    You've posted this before.

Self driving cars haven't caught on because people don't actually want them. People like driving. And even if they're statistically safer - which I believe they are - people just inherently don't trust them.
    Doctor-bots won't catch on because people don't want to see a Robot. Of course AI will help with diagnoses, but people want to see an actual person.
    Creativity - well, OK. Why is Taylor Swift selling out Wembley then? I think she's shit* but people relate to her.
    I believe there are some AI generated books and music making money, but in general people want to read and listen to stuff a person they can relate to has made.

The comparison with horses is a false equivalence, they were tools that humans used and then stopped using when better ones became available. That isn't analogous to a person being employed in a role. AI is a tool too. A useful one no doubt, but it won't replace all the jobs some people claim IMO.

Next year I'll have been working 30 years (sob!). Since I walked in the door people have been predicting that coders will be out of a job soon because the machines will write the code themselves and blah. Never happened, I doubt it will. People thinking that everyone will be replaced by machines is as old as machines. That video was posted on YouTube 10 years ago, so...if it is going to happen then it's taking its time.

*that's a bit harsh, but a bit over-rated IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You've posted this before.

Self driving cars haven't caught on because people don't actually want them. People like driving. .
    People don't want gay EVs either but they're being relentlessly pushed.

I think self driving vehicles will become a thing, perhaps more for taxi services, they're already a thing in some US cities. It'll be another way to control us, when they ban private vehicle ownership you'll be forced to hail a self driving taxi, provided you have enough social credit to go where you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    People don't want gay EVs either but they're being relentlessly pushed.

I think self driving vehicles will become a thing, perhaps more for taxi services, they're already a thing in some US cities. It'll be another way to control us, when they ban private vehicle ownership you'll be forced to hail a self driving taxi, provided you have enough social credit to go where you want.
    The difference between you and NQ is that you read like a parody account. The one thing I’ve never had cause to doubt with NQ is his sincerity

You’re a bit like Maajid Nawazz or Dave Rubin or Russell Brand. Where they’ve seen which way the wind is blowing for the purposes of social media engagement….and they’ve got to grips with the lingo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...t-nuclear-bomb

The Guardian engaging in full throated fellation of the Islamic Republic of Iran, praising their restraint but worrying that they will soon be left with no option but to develop nuclear weapons.

This really is Lord Haw Haw level stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    It'll be another way to control us, when they ban private vehicle ownership you'll be forced to hail a self driving taxi, provided you have enough social credit to go where you want.
    Is this the same "they" as the ones who weren't ever going to remove the Covid restrictions?
    Narrator "They did remove the Covid restrictions"
    Or is this a different they?

As HCZ said, you're impossible to take seriously.