User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Arsenal vs Brighton (31/08/2024|12.30)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Honestly, I see it as more shit housing. It's up to the referee to show a bit of common sense, book the player who is doing the shit housing.
    My ire is far more directed towards the referee in this instance. (I haven't seen the first yellow card, that may change my view)
    The refereeing is institutional, the whole thing is designed to protect referees from their shitty decisions. Plus I’ve no evidence that it was malign. Brighton players especially Veltman set out to have one of our players dismissed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    Yes on that one occasion in the game he was good, but after that where did he go?

I get that our one attacking tactic is pass the ball around a million times on the right wing, but when he did get on the ball he was often dispossessed or shied away from making any attacking runs.
    Well as you say he doesn't see enough of the ball, there was a sequence on Saturday when Saliba tried three times to switch play by giving it to Gabriel, only to get it straight back each time, Trossard was going up the wall and with good reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same is the issue for Martinelli who is a superior player to Trossard. I did say it was only fair to give Trossard a start, but the idea that anyone was expecting anything much better when all our attacks come down the right because of Arteta’s weird obsession with our left backs playing in midfield (and fuck me Timber was awful at that)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timber was really disappointing

I think the most disappointing thing for Saturday was not the inevitable anti-Arsenal bahaviour from the officials, but the signs that Arteta is still capabale of points-losing decision, like messing up the subs and essentially throwing in the towel

people can point to how close we cam last year but crucial points were lost via mistakes like playing Zin at LB, e.g. Fulham at home he lost us two points

Can he really get us over the line? I really don't know but he needs to win something this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I like to think it's more incompetence than corruption.
    Every club thinks that refs are uniquely biased against them.
    Yes, we know. The constant stream of incompetence in every walk of life that, entirely coincidentally, favours the same beneficiaries each and every time and costs the same targets, of course it's just incompetence. But, you have to admit, it;s very competent incompetence given the 100% return.

The main thing to remember is there is absolutely no chance people who are making a great deal of money would ever do anything untoward to ensure they continue to make a great deal of money. The mere thought of that is preposterous. These people who are making great deals of money (because they are incompetent) just stumble blindly on the winning formula each and every time. Occam's razor, init? The most pussy whipped explanation is the most feasible explanation and also has the benefit of requiring zero thought.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 03-09-2024 at 02:38 AM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    The biggest problem for me, is that the Brighton player looks to take the freekick 10 yards further than where the foul was given.

If the freekick isn’t being taken from the right place, he can’t be delaying the restart, because he’s walked away from where the incident occurred, and its only the Brighton player chucking the ball at him that brings Rice back into the situation.
    It's just a ridiculous yellow full stop. That twat had to have been looking for the slightest infringement, or even imaginary ones. He's notorious and he's deservedly notorious. Obviously a cheat, obviously on the take, can't prove it because the PL refs are run by somebody who is obviously a cheat and is obviously on the take. Boys club.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Yes, we know. The constant stream of incompetence in every walk of life that, entirely coincidentally, favours the same beneficiaries each and every time
    No it doesn't, that's just your confirmation bias at play.

All that stuff about they only cheat at the start of the season. Did they just forget to two seasons ago when Arsenal went off like a train before running out of steam in the run in?