User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Arsenal v Liverpool. Sunday 27th Oct. 16:30

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Overall we've muddled through without him pretty well, Bournemouth aside, but we do need him back soon if we're going to have a chance this year.
    Although City are so relentless it's already hard to look past them.
    I think it’s very easy to look past them. They’ve struggled to get wins in very easy fixtures, the type of fixtures where they were winning by three or four goals in the last two seasons. That’s why I’m so annoyed, because despite cunt referees City are there to be got at. Yesterday was the most ordinary looking Liverpool team since Brendan Rodgers was in charge, yet our mentality was to treat them like they were at the height of Klopp. They aren’t. They do not play with anywhere near the same intensity nor do they have the same calibre of players (Salah and Van Dijk aside)

They have two hard fixtures coming up on the south coast in the league. Could they win both of them? Sure….will they? Based on what I’ve seen….no I don’t think so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I think it’s very easy to look past them. They’ve struggled to get wins in very easy fixtures, the type of fixtures where they were winning by three or four goals in the last two seasons.
    But they do have a habit of starting (relatively) slowly and then going in to beast mode. You can't give them a head start and then try to catch them. The only season anyone stopped them was when Liverpool went absolutely mental and basically won every game till it was all but over.
    The thing which slightly encourages me is we've already ticked off some tough away games, but the lack of a cutting edge up front - which we all knew about but Arteta didn't address in the summer - and the fact our defence seems to have gone backwards are worrying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City have had three tough fixtures this season and they dropped points in two of them.

This so called beast mode happens when they get a run of favourable fixtures, well I’d say they’ve had three favourable fixtures and have looked far from convincing in any of them.

Rodri is by far their most important player, it is the absolute same as if we had to go the whole season without Saliba

Yeah we’ve had a tough time with injuries. But yesterday wasn’t about injuries it was about negativity….about failing to kill off the game when we absolutely had them on the ropes. If they had dominated the game and we got through by the skin of our teeth that’s something else. But that’s not what happened.

Bournemouth made this a fixture we really had to win. But to be honest we’ve all absorbed the Arteta mentality of safety first, hoping before the game we could eek out a draw against a team that anyone who saw them knew they were as average as you like. We weren’t penalised by having anyone sent off, we did it to ourselves and it’s infuriating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confirmed that Anthony Taylor blew for Kiwior competing to win a header because that’s just not on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    eek out a draw
    eke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eke

No it was eek, a sign of distress

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was very recently that I learned that the word is "lode" in the phrase "mother-lode", and not "load".

Another one people get wrong is "baited breath". It's "bated", dammit! As in "abate", like you're stopping breathing in anticipation.

I'm glad we've had this talk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was very recently that I learned that the word is "lode" in the phrase "mother-lode", and not "load".

Another one people get wrong is "baited breath". It's "bated", dammit! As in "abate", like you're stopping breathing in anticipation.

I'm glad we've had this talk

You’d like a podcast called Everything Everywhere Daily. Five minute podcast which gives you a bit of etymology behind words and irrelevant facts