Page 3215 of 3215 FirstFirst ... 22152715311531653205321332143215
Results 32,141 to 32,143 of 32143

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Err, no, boycotting is where you don't want to contribute financially to something you don't agree with

Your translation of that to it being all about creating an impression says a lot more about how your own mind works than it does about mine I'm afraid
    Again I think your misunderstanding the difference between actually boycotting (which largely I think is a kind of moral Onanism but that I admit is on me) and feeling the need to tell everyone you’re boycotting

I don’t know what Memes you’re aware of, but you remind me of the picture of the lad with a vein in his temple with the tagline “gone more than five minutes without telling someone you’re a vegan”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Again I think your misunderstanding the difference between actually boycotting (which largely I think is a kind of moral Onanism but that I admit is on me) and feeling the need to tell everyone you’re boycotting

I don’t know what Memes you’re aware of, but you remind me of the picture of the lad with a vein in his temple with the tagline “gone more than five minutes without telling someone you’re a vegan”
    so i say once that I don't buy the Sun (which is so long ago I don't remember it but strangely you do - not that you're obsessed or anything...) and that means I'm virtue signalling, rather than just mentioning it on a messageboard which - again - is designed for discourse

This would be a pretty boring board if no-one was able to say what they did or didn't like or support

And again, this whole 'conversation' came from an opinion on something expressed - and very strongly by you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    so i say once that I don't buy the Sun (which is so long ago I don't remember it but strangely you do - not that you're obsessed or anything...) and that means I'm virtue signalling, rather than just mentioning it on a messageboard which - again - is designed for discourse

This would be a pretty boring board if no-one was able to say what they did or didn't like or support

And again, this whole 'conversation' came from an opinion on something expressed - and very strongly by you...
    You saw an article link from the Sun and felt the immediate need to tell everyone you boycotted it. That speaks to me of a need to express your virtuosity.

You also remarked in another thread about how you didn’t subscribe to Sky because of Murdoch. Similar thing.

Plus the point I’m making is that it’s remarks like that, that mean that many (maybe not all) your political views are quite easy to discern, and that it felt at least likely to me that you would respond to my post the way you did.

Maybe it’s unintentional on your part, I just find people quite predictable really
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; Today at 04:50 PM.