User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Atalanta vs Arsenal, 19.09.2024 - 20:00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    We don’t have enough up front to beat City unless we park the bus and score from a rare chance we might get. They know it, we know it.

I think they will be looking to destroy us after we frustrated them last season.
    I can't see how Arteta would expect to beat or even get a point against Citeh if Pep knew 100% the tactics and team he would employ. I'd imagine he must be thinking of some sort of variation that would surprise Pep and leave him unprepared.

In my mind, there is no doubt that if we have no potent outlet on Sunday, we will lose. In fact I am almost sure we will concede a penalty on Sunday if we choose to sitback for 90 mins.

Anyway there are still some slight modifications Arteta can make that could unsettle Peps preparation.... a crazy one involves actually playing all 3 DMs at the same time (though I think he's likely to play 5 defenders instead).

Also ensuring Trossard plays most of the game is a bit of a no brainer (though his form has also been terrible in the last 2 games).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    You won’t be surprised to learn that I disagree, I can’t speak of last night but against Spurs he was consistently our best attacking player.

The problem is too many players behind him are forever playing backwards passes

I think the solution is for Saka to move into the Odegaard role and play more centrally, stats wise his involvement in goal creation is only just behind that of Odegaard and having tried both Trossard and Havertz in that position it’s clear it doesn’t work.
    Yup, not surprised and totally disagree.

Saka either plays on the left or on the right... I can't see why anyone would ever want to move him into the CM role, especially when he's never shown the tools to be able to flourish there.

Let's just pray Arteta conjures a solution or gives him his elixir, because we'll need the real Saka like crazy on Sunday.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; Today at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He clearly has the tools to play in the centre, he has the passing range and the technical ability

That you can’t see it, is more a sign of your own limited vision and not a sign of Saka’s shortcomings