User Tag List

Thread: Arsenal 2-0 PSG Player Ratings and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal 2-0 PSG Player Ratings and Match Reaction

Raya 7.5 - Didn’t have a great deal to do, but managed to deal well with cross come shot from Lui Kang

Timber 8 - Shame he went off as he had the Portuguese boys in his pocket

Saliba 8 - Lot of good recovery challenges

Gabriel 8 - Really enjoyed his defending tonight

Califiori 7 - Not as effective on the right in the second half

Rice 7 - Few misplaced passes, but kept things ticking over on the ball

Partey 7 - Not the imperious player he was, but he works hard in the boiler room

Trossard 7 - Good cross for opening goal, though in the end he was getting fed up of being kicked

Martinelli 6.5 - Couple of moments of sloppiness, but did involve himself a lot getting forward and showed good pace

Saka 7.5 - More of a hard working performance than anything but got his goal

Havertz 8.5 - The best player on the night for me, not just the well taken goal but the way he held up the ball, created space for others etc.

Subs

Kiwior 7 - Not the best player on the ball, but managed to play himself out of trouble after playing himself into it

Merino 6.5 - Looked like a player coming back from an injury, wasn’t really a game for him to showcase his ability

Jesus 6 - Looks like a player that hasn’t scored for eight months

Lewis-Skelley N/A - Maybe he might get a few more minutes against Southampton

Patient first half, got the goals we needed. And controlled in the second half, allowed ourselves to be penned in more than id like but…I think this was more about not over exerting energy in a game the players seem to feel they already had won….i never felt like PSG were going to come back into the game.

I think PSG were a little toothless up front but they weren’t a terrible side, Hakimi impressed me…I thought they defended quite well….and I think in spells they looked ok going forward second half (when they brought on Kolo Muani who combined well with Barcola) but as I say, nothing I felt would likely get them back into the game. We treated them seriously, and got a professional 2-0 win.

Nothing more to say, good nights work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought it was a solid performance, just all round no nonsense and everyone put in a great shift. It was an expected victory but it’s always nice to make a statement against one of the top sides in the competition. Looking forward to our trip to Inter soon, I think that will be a really good acid test.

On a side note, Martinelli needs extra finishing practice. He occupies so many good positions but doesn’t really strike the ball with any authority when chances fall to him.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; Today at 08:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good first half and a workmanliike second - Trossard was on fire in the first half, some of his football was world class, not least in the build up to the first goal

Being honest if they'd had Dembele we might not have had the clean sheet but i think would still have won

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Really good first half and a workmanliike second
    Pretty much.
    It was a good, solid performance. Good goals, well defended in the second half when they had a go back at us.
    Overall a good evening's work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Henry stating that this is the kind of performance he wants to see from us away from home, and he’s not wrong. We’ve never really travelled well in the Champions League and our current away record under Arteta is one win from six.

I think we will probably win the remaining home games against Shaktah, Monaco and Dynamo Zagreb.

But I don’t think we want to put ourselves in a position where we need to win at Girona on Matchday Eight (though obviously that should on paper be the easiest of our remaining away games) and I think we need to try and get a win at Inter or Sporting (something I think we are more than capable of)