Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129
Results 1,281 to 1,287 of 1287

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raya's now joined on a permanent deal

Arteta messed up the transition but I think most people would agree he's a good choice for our style of play and a decent keeper

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's decent, not really top class. Not that I think Ramsdale is really top class either.
    Overall I agree, Ramsdale has been treated poorly but Raya is an upgrade if only in the sense that his distribution is better which suits our style more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    We need to strengthen the squad, without doubt we can't assume Gabriel and Saliba will be fit all season, we need to be more competitive in cups too plus the CL has more fixtures, so we need more strength in depth

And we simply must sell Zin so Arteta doesn't have the option of playing him ever again
    The thing is almost all of our fullbacks or those we use at fullback can play centre back - Tomiyasu, White, Kiwior, Timber.

For numbers it might help to bring in a youngster as cover at full back, what we certainly don’t need to do is sink a ridiculous amount of money on an overhyped Italian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m also a bit dubious about Italian players in the PL, it’s been a long time since anyone came here and really excelled. Always felt their style has never been suited to the athletic nature of modern PL football. Jorginho has had a fairly consistent career over here but will hardly go down as one of the greats. Before him I can’t remember any top players in recent times? You have to go back to the likes of Zola and Di Canio who are still the best Italians to ever play over here.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 04-07-2024 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    I never like Italians over here, they very rarely settle and like it here, but he will have Jorginho if he does arrive.
    "Italian"
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I’m also a bit dubious about Italian players in the PL, it’s been a long time since anyone came here and really excelled. Always felt their style has never been suited to the athletic nature of modern PL football. Jorginho has had a fairly consistent career over here but will hardly go down as one of the greats. Before him I can’t remember any top players in recent times? You have to go back to the likes of Zola and Di Canio who are still the best Italians to ever play over here.
    I'd add Vialli to that list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I'd add Vialli to that list
    Poor Luca, I was genuinely sad when he died