User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Tottenham vs Arsenal 15.09.2024 KO: 14:00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And i made clear in my earlier post that i agreed it wasn't a competition, simply that I was surprised - i don't think that was unreasonable

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you surprised when I express my distain for modern football repeatedly and regularly say I almost never watch games these days.
    Actually this place is my go to in terms of keeping up with games. I tend to watch the highlights if we've won, or at least drew if it wasn't in an annoying way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Not really, from what I heard it was a decent game in which we weathered some pressure and struck the killer blow, then sealed the win with good defending

Good football
    It was a scrote fest....easily one of the worst games we've played against them in recent times.

We won because we slightly edged it on concentration levels and in general we made less mistakes. I repeat, it was not an entertaining game at all, unless you are a fan of the kind of drama the referee was trying to create.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    It was a scrote fest....easily one of the worst games we've played against them in recent times.

We won because we slightly edged it on concentration levels and in general we made less mistakes. I repeat, it was not an entertaining game at all, unless you are a fan of the kind of drama the referee was trying to create.
    ok fair enough I guess the radio guys were indeed exagerrating plus the crowd noise always makes it seem more exciting - although tbh i think to keep them at bay and win without two key players is a good performance, pretty football or not

maybe I'm just bored of the matchday negativity over here, especially when I've been at home game and then read the stuff on here which often has little bearing on what i've just witnessed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to agree, having seen extended highlights. It wasn’t exactly a game of loads of chances. They were much better in the first half than in the second, and arguably Brennan Johnson should have scored against us. We lacked presence in central midfield without Rice and Odegaard. They were pressing us high into giving the ball away, Jorginho struggled a bit on the ball.

But our defending was good, we didn’t cough up that many chances. And the game was dead after Gabriel headed in
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 16-09-2024 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    ok fair enough I guess the radio guys were indeed exagerrating plus the crowd noise always makes it seem more exciting
    This is why I never liked listening on the radio. Every slight half chance is made to sound like a gilt-edged opportunity. I find it quite stressful!
    When I was a kid I was listening to a NLD on the radio, it was Jonathan Pearce. Someone scored and for a full minute he was yelling so much I didn't even quite know which team had scored.

It was them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jonathan Pearce just can't shut up, even on TV he just witters on, right through whatever's actually going on