User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Arsenal v Leicester City, Saturday 28 September 3pm KO, Emirates Stadium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Mac, clearly now with hindsight (and obviously the bargain that was Trossard) its clear that we got the better of that deal.

The only reason this is being brought up is to point out that Martnelli's form is a problem that has been identified and is yet to be solved...no matter how badly some people on here want to lie down with him and have his babies.
    See now you get it, for all the griping and moaning and wailing when I pointed out that you acted like a little girl. You realise there’s no harm done by the odd insulting remark, it’s fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but no we didn’t match Chelsea’s offer for Mudryk, neither in the structure of payments nor in the actual amount we offered.

Mudryk had been identified as a top talent by our scouts and we wanted to use the tenuous situation Shatkah Donetsk was in, in order to get our hands on a player with great potential.

What you’re trying to do is take your current opinion on Martinelli (which like most of your footballing opinions is best described as querulous, I’ll take this back if it wasn’t you…but weren’t you being ridiculously hysterical about Gabriel last month) and trying to reverse engineer a situation where Arteta being able to foresee this looked to buy Mudryk to replace Martinelli because he thought what he had as a left winger at the time was inadequate. Which was the rationale for signing players like Partey, Rice and most recently of all Calafiori.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RE Gabriel - looking just now, No it wasn’t you, it was Chippy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Sorry but no we didn’t match Chelsea’s offer for Mudryk, neither in the structure of payments nor in the actual amount we offered.
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again.......

At this point I fair maiden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again.......

At this point I fair maiden.
    Well you’re right, trying to point out facts constantly to an imbecile is a bit pig headed of me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Seeing as my name has been mentioned a few times here...

I think we were very close to buying Mudryk which, whether he's good or not, would have been a disaster as as world without all of Trossard, Jorg and Kiwior would have seen us fall away very significantly last season and be nowhere near the title by the last day

I think it was a big error of judgement but this summer seems to show they've at least partly learnt from it by bringing in more squad players, plus bringing in some youth players in pre-season, which I think wil really pay off

On Leicester, if we're in good control on 60 mins I'd like to see Nwaneri, Nicholls, MSL given more minutes, lets really fill out our options here
    With Beetlejuice you have to say his name three times before he appears

Or is that the Kandyman?

I honestly would have no problem starting Nwaneri, but that said I equally would be content to see him come on with a third of the match to go (although I find unless we are chasing a goal, we’ve usually shut up shop by that time)

Leicester have scored in every game this season, so I think whilst they will probably sit deep, they’ll also make the odd foray forward. They scored twice against Palace if I recall

Out of the promoted sides they do look like they are the most likely to stay up. Don’t think Ipswich will get the goals they need, and I think Southampton are hopeless.