User Tag List

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374

Thread: Euro 2024

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Yes I agree with Saka at left wing-back especially if it means playing both him and Palmer

but quite genuinely how anyone can even countenance continuing with Kane is beyond me when we have Watkins and even Tony on the bench

And no it's not anti-Spud bias, I haven't said a word about Walker or Trippier (though the latter should be dropped as it happens as he's out of position and not good enough)

And Guehi is not useless, he's doing perfectly well in a lame team
    I would say it’s equally beyond me that anyone thinks Guehi is not yet another large drag factor on this team. You can see that his inability on the ball, his indecision when it comes to interceptions etc affects the play of those around him including Stones, Pickford and Rice. I would add Trippier to that but there’s no excusing his inadequacies.

Kane is the captain of the team, he has consistently been one of the top strikers in Europe for a long time and granted he’s been poor in this tournament but he is a superior player to Watkins. I don’t say that to be dismissive of Ollie Watkins, I think he’s an excellent striker…one who id love at Arsenal. Playing two strikers is very 1990s ish but actually I think we’ve missed a trick by not having them both on the pitch at some point during games as I think they’d compliment each other really well.

With your views on Kane it’s Anti Kane Bias and like with other users on this board (myself included) a need to be Right, you have a habit of taking against players to the point of being totally exclusionary of anything positive about them

You said I took a similar stance about Alexander-Arnold. My issue was him playing in midfield, and it’s clear even the clueless Southgate saw that as unsustainable.

But there’s many things about his game I like. But he’s a wingback in the mould of a Roberto Carlos (albeit on the right)…good free kick taker, good burst of pace but you do have to set up teams in a certain way to get the best out of him.

I think Trippier is a fairly good right sided full back, but I don’t think he suits playing for England as he’s completely bereft of pace and I find it frustrating that he demands the ball in advanced areas when he lacks the ability to do anything with it.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Switzerland: Sommer, Schar, Akanji, Rodriguez, Aebischer, Freuler, Xhaka, Rieder, Vargas, Ndoye, Embolo
    Subs: Stergiou, Elvedi, Zakaria, Okafor, Steffen, Mvogo, Zuber, Zesiger, Sierro, Duah, Kobel, Shaqiri, Jashari, Amdouni

Italy: Donnarumma, Di Lorenzo, Mancini, Bastoni, Darmian, Cristante, Fagioli, Barella, Chiesa, Scamacca, El Shaarawy
    Subs: Buongiorno, Gatti, Frattesi, Jorginho, Pellegrini, Raspadori, Vicario, Bellanova, Retegui, Zaccagni, Cambiaso, Folorunsho, Meret, Dimarco.