Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
Imagine thinking that people vote logically
Voting for it was the logical option. It wasn't the proportional system I'd like to see but it was a step closer. That's why I voted for it. But people aren't that bright or logical. I don't think enough people saw or could be bothered to understand the advantages of it.

I think that's exactly what it was.

It definitely isn't, but the last referendum on the voting system wasn't that recent and the idea that a referendum result is the final say and the question should never be revisited doesn't make sense either. It made my head spin that people claimed that a second EU referendum would have been "undemocratic". How the hell is a vote undemocratic?! I'm not sure if there should have been a second one - there is a case for one if there's evidence that enough people have changed their mind. There's an even stronger case for one on the Brexit deal given that none was on the table at the time of the first referendum. Although if there had been one and "the people" had rejected it then no idea what you do then. The whole thing was a complete mess.

I don't really know what the "right" voting system is, but one where one party can get 14.3% of the vote and get 5 seats and another can get 12.2% and get 72 clearly isn't it.
The whole PR thing is a red herring - deliberately blinkered by the banksters who run the show. They say, you can have EITHER FPTP or PR, and that's it. And then the media chime in and say, you'll lose your local MP under PR. So they say no, because 60% of them still think their local MP is there to server them, like their hospitals and police, etc, etc. BUT. You could keep FPTP to elect the local MP, and the have PR in Westminster where the decisions there affect everyone, not just those who live in tyour street. Why should normal people have to put up with 15% of the moron population who vote Labour? Or however many percent of the moron population who vote Tory, or whatever colour of the one party state they endorse? Most people in the country, 85%, didn't endorse Labour. So Labour shouldn't have a national madate. But if a candidate had goe out a knocked doors in his local election and won faor and sqaure then that's faor enough. Basically, every Reform MP in parliament should have their vote weighted by 1 million, and every commie Labour fuck should have theirs weight by whatever paltry total they got divided by 400 odd. That would work just fine, without removing the local MP.