User Tag List

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Paris 2024 Olympics

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Well no the IBA couldn’t have put it to bed, because they would have still been eligible under IOC rules.
    Firstly, why do you keep saying "they"? Khalifa has been born and raised female, she identifies as female and has never transitioned in any way.
    Her pronouns are "she"/"her" as they would be with any female.

What the IBA could have put to bed is the thoughts that they're just bullshitting because she beat a Russian boxer last year.
    You have agreed they are "absolutely a disreputable", so publish the results and remove that doubt.
    That would probably have forced the IOC to change their stance.

And with boxing especially, a woman fighting someone with male muscle mass and testosterone levels is especially dangerous.
    Sure. All the more reason the IBA should have evidenced their claims. As it is their claims aren't even consistent:

https://apnews.com/article/olympics-...3743f535ef9ed3

IBA President Umar Kremlev, an acquaintance of Russian President Vladimir Putin who spoke on a patchy Zoom from Russia, then said through a translator that the tests showed elevated levels of testosterone.

That appears in direct contradiction with an IBA statement from July 31, when it said Khelif and Lin “did not undergo a testosterone examination but were subject to a separate and recognized test, whereby the specifics remain confidential.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it wouldn’t have forced the IOC to change their stance. This is why you had a biological male in the female weightlifting category in Tokyo. A lot of these international organisations are ideologically captured.

And I’m saying they because there is doubt over their sex. What their gender identity is to my mind irrelevant, how they were raised is irrelevant. Castor Semenya was raised female, but to all intents and purposes is male.

Khelif and Lin equally could have undergone tests to affirm or deny the results of these tests.

I can hold two thoughts in my head, that the IBA is a corrupt organisation of course can lead to questioning the legitimacy of its claims, but there’s a difference between this and outright dismissal. Lin never challenge their ban, Khelif did initially but eventually dropped the case (which to give them the benefit of the doubt, such appeals are often expensive and take a long time)
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 14-08-2024 at 05:54 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it wouldn’t have forced the IOC to change their stance. This is why you had a biological male in the female weightlifting category in Tokyo.
    The weightlifter met the testosterone requirements outlined by the IOC. There’s certainly a fairness issue in weightlifting - it helped that in this case she wasn’t actually much good. But there’s no safety issue in boxing. So yes, it would certainly have put a lot of pressure on the IOC had results been released proving these boxers have male genetics and testosterone levels - again, the second of those was simultaneously claimed and refuted by the same organisation.

Khelif and Lin equally could have undergone tests to affirm or deny the results of these tests.
    They could, but the burden of proof isn’t on them. The IBA are the ones making the claim.

The TL;DR of that Atlantic article is “it’s complicated”, which it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The weightlifter met the testosterone requirements outlined by the IOC. There’s certainly a fairness issue in weightlifting - it helped that in this case she wasn’t actually much good. But there’s no safety issue in boxing. So yes, it would certainly have put a lot of pressure on the IOC had results been released proving these boxers have male genetics and testosterone levels - again, the second of those was simultaneously claimed and refuted by the same organisation.

They could, but the burden of proof isn’t on them. The IBA are the ones making the claim.

The TL;DR of that Atlantic article is “it’s complicated”, which it is
    Again I’ve not denied that it’s complicated. The problem is, for the IOC it’s not complicated. You’re a woman if your passport says you’re a woman is how they conceptualise it.

Take away that ridiculous philosophy and the matter could have been resolved long before the Olympics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might put on a wig and enter in 2028

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again I’ve not denied that it’s complicated. The problem is, for the IOC it’s not complicated. You’re a woman if your passport says you’re a woman is how they conceptualise it.

Take away that ridiculous philosophy and the matter could have been resolved long before the Olympics
    I agree that’s a weird rule by the IOC. Maybe not historically weird but it’s not fit for purpose now.
    Although that weightlifter thing says that their rules aren’t quite so simple as that. They do apparently have some rules around testosterone although there’s no indication they did any testing around that in boxing. Maybe that testosterone rule only applies to trans athletes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    I might put on a wig and enter in 2028
    I'm sure you'd get away with it, they won't find a dick that small even with a microscope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I'm sure you'd get away with it, they won't find a dick that small even with a microscope
    That's pretty transphobic. Women can have penises too you moron.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    That's pretty transphobic. Women can have penises too you moron.
    Some men even have penises, but it's getting rarer.

I don't know where we go from here. Even basic science can't bridge the gap, and we were relying on that to communicate with extra-terrestrial aliens FFS! Won't it be something when we can have a more connected conversation with ET than your average marxist plank?
    Für eure Sicherheit