Thread: Should Wenger go?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should Wenger go?

Seems that for the first time the majority want him out.

So, simple question, Yes or No?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, after yesterday he should have at least handed in his resignation, whether the board accept it is a diffrent issue.
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 16-02-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes. I have had enough of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    no
    Why haven't you voted no then? you fanny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no
    Ollie, can I ask you to elaborate. Im not being an arse, just reading your posts I understand you still think he has something to offer. Im struggling to understand your thinking, genuinely want to understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fats View Post
    Ollie, can I ask you to elaborate. Im not being an arse, just reading your posts I understand you still think he has something to offer. Im struggling to understand your thinking, genuinely want to understand.
    Whats wrong with Ollie saying no and leaving it at that, i understand you want to know his reasoning it behind it, but should we not repect his answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fats View Post
    He would have a lot to offer if he would change his policy on not buying players and not having so many players of the same mould. But he won't, it would seem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no
    I know where you are coming from Ollie, you can see the pain in Arsene Wengers face when we lose! I actually feel sorry for our once great Manager! But he should go at the end of the season so he is not remembered for failure! Thanks for the great memories Arsene!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am probably foremost amongst the Wenger out brigade and have been probably since 2004. Wehger has good qualities but many that are not compatible with high achievement. Foremost he is not a great motivator, secondly he sucks at tactics. both terrible flaws for a leader of men taking them to war which in essence is what football is. However his greatest single defect is misplaced pride. He thinks he knows best and no mass of evidence to the contrary will make him think otherwise. Repeated failure never makes him shake the belief that success is just around the corner and all that is needed is patience and perseverance. This is epitomised in our play where we do the same thing for 90 mins untill the ref blows and the other side has nicked it 1 nil. He cannot inspire players to be better than they are because they see no reason to. Just follow Arsenes instructions, they think to themselves, and no matter the result he then cannot blame you for the outcome. Hence the stasgnation of players like Walcott who has no lateral thinking. The non progrssion of Djourou who is a worse player than when he joined us about 10 yrs ago. The retrogression of Rosicky who once possessed Europes finest shot but is now a journeyman, all hustle and bustle but no end product. The lack of determination and desire in the team is so evident and once it doesnt work out for them in 60 mins you can see the resignation set in. We indulge our players shortcomings and they all believe like Wenger that each game is one with 3 possible outcomes, all with an equal probability.

Contrast this with the Spuds. I loathe them as much as anyone but you cannnot deny that they are always seeking to improve. They take risks, quickly reassess their mistakes and change strategy. How many 1st team players have been bought and sold by them in the last 10 years I would probably guess 100. whereas for us it is likely less than half that, They buy, test and quickly get rid and buy again, while we coddle our failures and keep hoping for the best. We have the worst collection of keepers in the EPL and if not for 1 we would still be playing any of Mannone, Almunia et al. Senderos who we all agreed was shit was so promising before he joined us and was ruined and in 18 months at Fulham is now better than he ever was. playing a blinder against us at the cottage.

The common denominator is the manager who seeks not to improve the players but coaches them into a fixed system. making then in autobots who repeat the same play regardless of the opposition. The club existed before Wenger and will do so and thrive without him. We should thank him and show him the door. Anyother top european club would certainly have done so.