Thread: Arsenal 1-0 Shatkah Player ratings and match Reaction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal 1-0 Shatkah Player ratings and match Reaction

Raya 7.5 - Didn’t have much to do but was switched on to make a good save late on

White 6 - Doesn’t look fully fit

Saliba 6.5 - Didn’t have a great deal to do

Gabriel 7 - Solid performance

Calafiori 5.5 - Mincing like a tart on the ball, still think it was a foul you can’t just barge someone off the ball

Rice 5 - Apalling

Partey 6 - Would have given him an 8 on his first half performance but being put at right back where he can’t play changed the game, as we lost control in midfield and were vulnerable on the left hand side

Trossard 4 - Stank out the place like a beer shit

Jesus 6 - Showed some moments of quality, surprised he was taken off

Martinelli 5 - Cunt

Havertz 7 - Held up the ball well and worked his bollocks off as usual

Subs

Merino 5 - Could have just kept 25 million in the bank couldn’t we or actually signed a striker

Sterling 4 - Pathetic

Lewis-Skelley 5 - Not going to judge him too harshly because he’s a youngster but he looked out of his depth

Jorginho - Not on long enough to give him a rating

Well that was special wasn’t it, the first half was poor and the second half exceeded all expectations in how terrible we could be. I’m glad we missed the pel because it would have given us an extended lead we in no way deserved. In fact we didn’t deserve to win tonight, take away that they were utterly toothless as we were up front and they definitely deserved at least a draw, against a bunch of listless cowards.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 22-10-2024 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sums it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely shit really. Don’t think anyone saw that second half coming after a fairly bright first half.

Quite clear we are bereft of ideas at the moment and the forwards have gone off the boil. Well, they haven’t really been on the boil all season if we’re honest.

No harm done in the grand scheme of things as far as the CL goes so I’ll forget this game but we need a massive improvement for the weekend or I have no doubt that Liverpool game will be a painful watch.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are heading for serious trouble if we keep playing like we have been.

It's a total shit show, even the defence is not as solid as before because we are sitting back and being too cautious.

And don't even let me get started on our attack - WTF is going with them all?!?

To quote Patches Houlihan: They "look like a bunch of retards trying to fuck a doorknob"
    It's gone back to every attack putting the ball out to the wing to cross in (even on a 2v1 counter attack ffs!) and passing the ball 50 times in the box.

It's fucking terrible!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor...and worrying.

We are looking similar to last season at this time - when the team appeared disjointed; low on confidence and bereft of a clear game plan...despite picking up some points. This malaise culminated in December's shit show before the January Dubai trip seemed to re-set the team.

Yes we had an OK first half against sub-standard European competition, but the stand outs for me were the stodginess of a MF dominated by 6's; the lack of verticality and ball progression, and our ponderous attacking build up play (Martinelli excepted).

Arteta seems to be obsessed with physicality rather than playmaking ATM. Trying to use Rice as an attacking option sums this up - and he looks half the player he did last season - and certainly not like a £105M signing. I think this is down to the manager not playing him where he can use his strengths rather than the player himself. FFS Rice used to be regarded as a player who could anchor MF on his own and do the job of 2 defensive No, 6's. Anyone noticed how toothless our much vaunted corners look with him delivering them?

I was hopeful that Sterling could provide cover for Saka but every time I see him play I'm thinking Sterling = Willian. To me he looks like a busted flush. Jesus was looking better than he has for a while playing at RW. Given Sterling's totally underwhelming displays this season, plus the fact that we owe him nothing, could jesus not have been left on to try to play himself into some form? How about a change that put him up top with Havertz dropping deeper where he could help to instill some creative spark?

Partey was one of our best players last night but has noone to pass to when he remained in MF. Merino alongside Rice made us even more stodgy. The guy can win tackles but slows us down. I am worried that we will suffer from Arteta's obsession with making his pet signing work.

I'm wondering what happened to the Kai/Trossard relationship that seemed the answer to Odegard's absence. Trossard was dog shit. Havertz so isolated that he could do nothing.

...and seeing MLS come on instead of Zinchenko or Kiwor (I know - but for all his faults Zin can be a playmaker and Jacob has done OK at LB), was a head scratcher - not least because Nwaneri was kept on the bench despite being (1) needed and (2) ahead of MLS in his development.

We are missing key players in Saka and Odegard but even so, the manager seems confused in his approach to games and even the team suddenly seems to lack cohesion

Is there a problem in the camp? Aretea now seems to be freezing Zinchenko out (I know that he is not everyone's favourite player, but the problem as always is that if we do need to call on him going forwards he won't be ready for it). Taking Jesus off will merely compound his lack of confidence, and what did it achieve?

We are looking unrecognisable from the team we saw between January and May this year. The absense of Saka and Odegard does not fully explain this.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't watch the game and am therefore accepting it was as bad as people say (although I think there's a tendency towards the negative on here)

But we need to consider it's a team playing it's second game in three days after many had been on international duty, are recovering from injury or still being accomodated into the side, either as young players or new purchases, ultimately they got the job done despite playing badly - isn't that what good teams are supposed to do? I wonder if some players had Liverpool on their minds and so played within themselves?

That said, I think it's another game that exposes Arteta's flaws

I'd much preferred to see more rotation, particularly a Nwaneri start, but that's Arteta's caution again, something I think is holding us back more and more clearly after every game.

consider:

1. buying more defensive players but no attacker (apart from the Sterling loan)
    2. going into full retreat against Brighton and Bournemouth when Citeh would have kept all their attackers on the field and gone for the win regardless
    3. not willing to trust younger/fringe players

If he can't get himself out of this mindset he has to go at the end of the season - it's not a winning mentality