Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
Great post.

Typical rookie manager game, naively comes into the game wanting to us to play a certain way and thinking that if we do we'll win, that won't happen, you need to adapt to what's happening in the match and make changes, this reminds me of what Wenger wanted to do, play your game and not worry about the opposition which is a worry.

I still stand by the fact we should have got someone experienced given our situation, we need results, not 35-45 minutes of decent performances.
that was Wengers style but if you have players like Vieira, Campbell, Bergkamp, Cole, Pires, Henry, Lauren etc then it doesnt matter what the opposition does. Playing your way will win most of the time. They were intelligent, powerful, quality footballers.

You want the team to have a style of play, but also adapt to the opposition. i dont think we have the players to actually adapt to the opposition. We need our own style but we arent able to keep the high press high intensity either. We dont have that sort of player. so it will just take time to evolve the squad to start taking steps forward.