I don’t want to be that guy, but in 17 previous seasons at the Emirates there has only been one season where we’ve done better away from home than at home. It was 2020/2021 - we got 33 points on the road, compared to 28 at the Emirates which was our worst ever season at home going back to the 1980s…and I don’t think it was a coincidence that it was the season where we had no supporters in the ground.

Same in Europe, even with the defeats to Bayern our home form has outstripped our away form. Which is what you’d expect from any team.

There are a few caveats, for example Tuesday night was the first time under Arteta that we’d won a home tie in the knockout phases of a European tournament….first time in six attempts

And it’s just my opinion but I actually think it was playing at home in the second leg that was the reason we went through against Porto. We struggled to create chances at home but that was because we found it nearly impossible to deal with a team that compressed the space (and threw themselves to the floor all the time ) the way they did. I think we do need to adapt to deal with teams that play that way, but i had a look at the group stages the other day and although they won both games…Barca struggled with Porto as well…and just as much at home (wherever it is they are playing this season) as well as at the Dragao.

I think Bayern having no fans at the Emirates does give us a big advantage.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not to say we can’t get a result in Germany. But I’d rather not have to depend on one