User Tag List

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Wenger Out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasTC View Post
    I really hope its true, i want us to stick with Wenger as long as possible. You can see the impact it has on ManUtd, changing a long-sitting manager and the impact it have had on all the other teams that keeps changing managers.
    I would like us to stick with Wenger for as long as possible, as long as he actually shows some ambition. I think we can all agree (well I hope so anyway) that an enthused Wenger is a sight to behold, and quite frankly he has looked tired of it all for the past 6 or so years.

However this Season is different, he seems to have rekindled his drive from times of old. Hopefully, this will drive (I was going to use the word "spur", but then I was sick in my mouth) him to achieve great things once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    He's not going to do anything in January. We've got we've got. Wenger doesn't think it's enough, but the players seem to. The key is going to be how many injuries we get - everything else is in place.

I still feel Wenger's best influence is bringing in the right players and developing young players. Cry about the few dud signings as much as you want, comparatively he remains an absolute genius in the transfer market, second to no-one (although Klopp looks promising). When it comes to being ruthless enough to his own players, Wenger falls way short. The attitude in the squad seems great atm, but the minute they start believing in the hype, Wenger is useless and we need someone else to get the best out of this very talented group of 23-24 avg. year olds.
    I think Klopp would be the only Manager that would be suitable as a replacement. He has shown on the highest level that he has what it takes...

I know Wenger was fairly unknown when we got him, but we were a mid table Club back then.
    Last edited by Zerlathon; 03-10-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We finished 5th the season before he arrived, I wouldnt say that is midtable. And the catalyst for the success was already there in DB10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Speculation about a new 8 million a year contract for him, don't agree with this at all if there's any truth in this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...l-Arsenal.html

Zimm- while i agree that contract shouldnt be offered just yet, if we win a trophy or two this season, would you like him to stay on for another year/2 years? i know what you feel about the past, but if this team wins this year, it really could go on and dominate for the next 2/3 years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klopp is fantastic but if he ever took over here I hope he doesn't think selling your best player to your biggest footballing rivals is acceptable just because it is going to happen under his watch at Dortmund and because Wenger did it too.

It can never happen again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Klopp is fantastic but if he ever took over here I hope he doesn't think selling your best player to your biggest footballing rivals is acceptable just because it is going to happen under his watch at Dortmund and because Wenger did it too.It can never happen again.
    It's not out of choice (re; selling lewandowski). Klopp even forced him to stay into the last year of his contract instead of selling him for more cash in the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    It's not out of choice (re; selling lewandowski). Klopp even forced him to stay into the last year of his contract instead of selling him for more cash in the summer.
    Probably why dortmund will be a flash in the pan, rather than a team that can qualify for the ECL 16 years on the trot.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerlathon View Post
    I think Klopp would be the only Manager that would be suitable as a replacement. He has shown on the highest level that he has what it takes...

I know Wenger was fairly unknown when we got him, but we were a mid table Club back then.

In absolute,total agreement.

Klopp is Taylor made for this club - he's Wenger, but with the ruthlessness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bunsco View Post

In absolute,total agreement.

Klopp is Taylor made for this club - he's Wenger, but with the ruthlessness.
    Disagree that Wenger is not ruthless.. when time came to pull the plug, AW pulled the carpet beneath the floors of some players quicker than you can blink an eyelid- Vieira, Lauren, Gilberto, Eduardo etc
    Where I think AW seems less ruthless is because of Rosicky, Diaby, Ramsey. These players and some more are here more because of Arsene's stubborness rather than him being less ruthless!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Disagree that Wenger is not ruthless.. when time came to pull the plug, AW pulled the carpet beneath the floors of some players quicker than you can blink an eyelid- Vieira, Lauren, Gilberto, Eduardo etc
    Where I think AW seems less ruthless is because of Rosicky, Diaby, Ramsey. These players and some more are here more because of Arsene's stubborness rather than him being less ruthless!
    Point taken, though in the case of selling viera etc - that was more of a combination of clearing out the old guard as part of plan for the future based around youth, so was more of a case of maximising business potential than getting rid of players who are of no use to the team anymore . I don't see the point in listing rosicky and Ramsey, but I do see where your coming from with countless other dead woods in recent times.
    But Wenger is FAR more stubborn with under performing players than the other top managers in the league which has had a damaging effect on our in terms of success and prestige - even considering our financial juggling acts.
    Last edited by bunsco; 05-10-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post

and thats why he is the manager not you. two of the names you said there have come good. Rosicky was awesome in our runs for fourth over last two seasons, and ramsey is just fucking awesome right now. glad AW wasnt ruthless with those two.