User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Diaby needs ANOTHER surgery

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
    Most people's opinion (ie hatred) of Diaby seems to stem from seeing him break down repeatedly and assuming he then chuckles to himself, collects his pay packet and heads for the nearest nightclub/ps4/Nando's.

If they have some in the know insight to back this up then fair enough - Clearly he doesn't bother spending any time with physios, fitness coaches or indeed counsellors regarding his perennial disappointment about his doomed career.

If however, those folks have nothing other than matchday banter and a mouthful of pie they are they are full of shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
    Most people's opinion (ie hatred) of Diaby seems to stem from seeing him break down repeatedly and assuming he then chuckles to himself, collects his pay packet and heads for the nearest nightclub/ps4/Nando's.

If they have some in the know insight to back this up then fair enough - Clearly he doesn't bother spending any time with physios, fitness coaches or indeed counsellors regarding his perennial disappointment about his doomed career.

If however, those folks have nothing other than matchday banter and a mouthful of pie they are they are full of shit.
    I'm not sure who hates, Diaby. I certainly don't, it's not his fault he keeps getting injured but it doesn't help us at all (it's been 7 years of injuries pretty much now, seems a ridiculous amount of time to hold onto a player who's always injured to me).

That said, he's got a good life that many would love, he can't play football but has managed to keep his very well paid job for 7 years and probably has a nice lifestyle with nice cars, a nice house, plenty of money to spend on anything he likes (probably a model girlfriend, they all have these days don't they?) and some nice holidays....hard to feel too much sympathy really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly don't hate Diaby and I do sympathise with the fact he's essentially had his career robbed from him.

He doesn't even register on my radar anymore. If he can get fit and be successful with us then great, if not then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I'm not sure who hates, Diaby. I certainly don't, it's not his fault he keeps getting injured but it doesn't help us at all (it's been 7 years of injuries pretty much now, seems a ridiculous amount of time to hold onto a player who's always injured to me).

That said, he's got a good life that many would love, he can't play football but has managed to keep his very well paid job for 7 years and probably has a nice lifestyle with nice cars, a nice house, plenty of money to spend on anything he likes (probably a model girlfriend, they all have these days don't they?) and some nice holidays....hard to feel too much sympathy really.
    Im not saying anyone needs to feel sympathy for him, and certainly not singling you out as a hater. I don't what you may or may not have said about Diaby and dont care.
    Im just saying that the bile and opprobrium he attracts tends to come from people who really arent in-the-know enough to back it up.

Moreover - If you can he is a lazy bastard slag him off. If he has a genuine physical problem then why slag him off but not a player who's career/life is cut short by a heart defect or leukaemia?
    Last edited by Nayan; 24-10-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Money isn't the be all and end all. Yes he's lucky to be earning bucks like that, but it doesn't fulfill you.

He surely wants to be doing what he loves doing. Spending hours of time in rehab, hours sitting around, surgery, scans....it must get demoralising. Of course you have to have sympathy.

Whether it's the best thing for the club, is open to debate. Anyone else, and I think he would have been shifted on...but Wenger has said on numerous occassions that he rates Diaby very highly, and presumably, he's willing to take the risk on him.

I'd still rather diaby on the wage bill, than some of the guff we've had clogging up the squad these last few years. at least we know that, when fit, he's a fucking good player.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Money isn't the be all and end all. Yes he's lucky to be earning bucks like that, but it doesn't fulfill you.

He surely wants to be doing what he loves doing. Spending hours of time in rehab, hours sitting around, surgery, scans....it must get demoralising. Of course you have to have sympathy.

Whether it's the best thing for the club, is open to debate. Anyone else, and I think he would have been shifted on...but Wenger has said on numerous occassions that he rates Diaby very highly, and presumably, he's willing to take the risk on him.

I'd still rather diaby on the wage bill, than some of the guff we've had clogging up the squad these last few years. at least we know that, when fit, he's a fucking good player.
    http://youtu.be/hOs2Gf0rhd8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Blue moon's don't come out very often these days!