User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Match Reaction v Chelsea (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Osinheim??

Would be expensive and think he plays CF...although I've no issue bumping Jesus out wide as he's not scoring anyway.

More realistically, someone like Zaha would still be good. 3 years too late but I'm sure his contract is expiring and he's still a top performer. The Murdyk boy, all the rumours focus on, looked very good against Scotland and Celtic, the 3 times I've seen him play...but it was 3 games...against Scotland and Celtic. I really don't follow as closely as I used to so fuck knows on alternatives.
    Nah, not him. The other one. Name looks like a bad scrabble hand.
    Last edited by GP; 07-11-2022 at 07:36 PM.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the highlights. Jesus
    Some people are concerned about his lack of goals, he should be getting more but his all round play is brilliant. The way he plays other people in and works to get the ball back. He adds so much to this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    All fair...I'm just not quite there.

Watching the games, I dont think they've "controlled and dominated". Even if they have, it's certainly not been reflected in the scorelines with most games being won by 1 goal.

It's actually weird, Arsenal are the only team to score in every game but every game I worry about where the goals are going to come from. Maybe I'm being irrational, after a couple of false dawn's over the past two decades...I just don't see the quality in the team to sustain this. I've said before that Partey is Arsenal's only elite player and that's still the case for me, although hopefully Odegaard, Sailba and Martinelli can take that next step.

If they signed a goal threat wide/striker type player then I may get onboard.
    Fair enough.

Most games haven't been won by 1 goal, we have won just as many games by 3 or 2 goal differences, with Forest being the exception as a 5-0.

The past decade has nothing to do with this team to be brutally honest. The players we have now, not last season, right now include two serial PL winners who are both fairly young and good players. We also have some of the best young talents in the league, if not Europe in attack and central defence.

We do have a thin squad and that's where I personally think we will fall short if we don't at the least add quality to it in January.

I agree re: Goal threat wide/striker type signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Saw the highlights. Jesus
    Some people are concerned about his lack of goals, he should be getting more but his all round play is brilliant. The way he plays other people in and works to get the ball back. He adds so much to this team.
    It is and it isn’t a concern, you’re absolutely right that he offers so much more to the team than sticking the ball in the net

But we do lack someone who is going to score consistently. Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli are decent players but they score in patches and then not again for a few games.

I think there are times where he needs to be a bit more selfish