User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would Ronaldo win us the title?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like this bunch of (apart from Jesus) shitkickers will win this lamentable competition anyway. So who cares who is signed? It's all about the contract anyway, isn't it? Not the actual football. Or haven't you noticed that yet?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe taking some vitamin D would help?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    Maybe taking some vitamin D would help?
    I thought they took all sorts? But, apparently, it doesn't help. They are still shit. Wort Arsenal team since last year, and the team from last year was the worst since the year before. And so on. For a decade.

And you know it too.

But it's the illusion that sells.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, Arsenal are better now - for starters, they can pass a ball.

I know the bar should be higher or people earning 7-8 figures, but they have surpassed that. The players work (insofar as football can be described as work), and it is a step up from the darkest of years.

We’ll never get back to the early Wenger years, which I remember telling someone to appreciate at the time when in the North Bank, because they were unlikely to last. Little did I know how short they would last nor how far we would fall.

But we’ve moved on from rock bottom, and are doing well with what we have.

But as a whole, I agree with anyone who is disgusted by what this sport has become and how it has ruined football. It really hit home when I was on a tour of the Transporter Bridge in Middlesbrough. How hard they worked - five and a half days a week. They’d work half days on Saturdays, then it was off home for a quick wash, then on to the football at 3pm and then to the boozer.

Now that is all gone, the game taken away from them.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    We’ll never get back to the early Wenger years, which I remember telling someone to appreciate at the time when in the North Bank, because they were unlikely to last
    Aye. I remember thinking "it won't always be like this" during those years.
    I also remember an incident in one of the title seasons. I think we were possibly already champions and the bloke in the North Bank the other side of my dad, who was one of those perma-moaners, was grumbling about something or other. NBN, bless his little cotton socks, turned round and berated him along the lines of "look, if you're not happy now then just stop coming. It's really not going to get better than this".
    And then everyone clapped. (They didn't, but NBN was spot on).

This lot are a million times better than last year. And last year was better than the year before. There's been clear year on year improvement.
    The game as a whole has gone to shit, but if you're not seeing the progression of this team over the last couple of seasons then you're just not watching,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not want him or his circus anywhere near our club. Add to the fact he would command a crazy salary and would probably destroy the great team chemistry we seem to have built. It's all about HIM with Ronaldo, great player he was and to a degree still is it is a hard pass from me.

P.S. I respect him for the comments he made about wanting us to win the League though