Oh yes he did!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    That’s on Southgate

Next match for me

Pickford, Gomez, Stones, Walker, TAA, Rice, Bellingham, Palmer, Saka, Watkins, Eze
    I would actually consider that kid from Palace next to Rice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spain the better side, playing some good football as well, just missing the finishing touch

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calafiori OG!

OG in this tournament.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1-0 FT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a classic by any means. Italians very poor, Spain looking a bit knackered last twenty minutes….lots of good football but lacking the finesse. Needed OG to step up once again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Dreadful stuff but England are lucky they're in such a soft group, they'll pub their way through for a bit ofc, for me i hope the whole sorry mess is over asap and we can enjoy decent football
    I generally enjoy tournaments more when we are out. Then you can just relax and enjoy it.
    Unfortunately we are now “contenders”, although we aren’t playing like it right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I generally enjoy tournaments more when we are out. Then you can just relax and enjoy it.
    Unfortunately we are now “contenders”, although we aren’t playing like it right now.
    Knowing that we could win the thing if we had picked a slightly different squad and didn’t have a cretin as coach is infuriating. The only comfort is in knowing Southgate is gone after this tournament, even the pundits are turning on him.

We need a competent midfield partner for Rice and upgrade in defence and I honestly think we’d win the World Cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the buck stops with the manager, but you can’t blame him for international footballers getting basic things wrong. As much as Mac’s little obsession with Kane is tiresome, that loose pass which led to the equaliser yesterday was feeble. And it wasn’t all Kane’s fault, no one else was closing down.
    The players have to take some responsibility too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I know the buck stops with the manager, but you can’t blame him for international footballers getting basic things wrong. As much as Mac’s little obsession with Kane is tiresome, that loose pass which led to the equaliser yesterday was feeble. And it wasn’t all Kane’s fault, no one else was closing down.
    The players have to take some responsibility too.
    This is not just the last two games we are talking about though, there has been this tendency to retreat into our shell and not have an avenue to stem the tide since the guy became head coach. We do have some very skilled attacking players arguably the best attacking players in the tournament. And we play so deep, stand off etc…that’s a tactical thing…the commentators yesterday all pointed out that there was no team pressing…and then you look at the substitutions and how many of them simply didn’t work.

Eze completely left on his own because he didn’t have a full back capable of overlapping, we took off Saka who had been our best attacking player and replaced him with Bowen.

Rice is being expected essentially to function as both a number 6 and a number 8.

Kane is clearly not helping he’s not coming short to receive a pass or occupy defenders, he seems preoccupied with playing in midfield.

I think we have undeniable talent and a better coach would have found a way to either play a system that gets the best out of all of them, or have the strength of character to drop players who don’t fit into the system. Southgate does neither