Thread: Euro 2024

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Not when it's close as that, I've got no issue with that being disallowed
    Watch the replay.
    When the attacker hits the ball the other Dutch player really isn’t that close to the ‘keeper, he’s not in the ‘keeper’s eye line. The keeper couldn’t get there, he failed to dive because his legs were too far apart, he wasn’t getting there. Nothing to do with where that player was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    France confirming they can't win without Mbappe

And Rabiot was dreadful, worst player on the pitch
    I thought he was excellent

So consistent, without hesitation he fucked up every French attack he was involved with

Yeah I don’t get why he’s playing, I said the same about Kante but Kante has been France’s best player over the two games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Watch the replay.
    When the attacker hits the ball the other Dutch player really isn’t that close to the ‘keeper, he’s not in the ‘keeper’s eye line. The keeper couldn’t get there, he failed to dive because his legs were too far apart, he wasn’t getting there. Nothing to do with where that player was.
    I do get it but I just think that's too close, albeit it I'd like the Dutch to have scored

The not interfering thing was supposed to be when you've got a guy offside right over the other side of the pitch, not a couple of yards from the goalie, for me it's 50-50, yes ok because of what you say I'd have thought it just about ok if it had stood but equally can see why it didn't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I thought he was excellent

So consistent, without hesitation he fucked up every French attack he was involved with

I just couldn't believe it when he didn't shoot when in front of goal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do get it but I just think that's too close, albeit it I'd like the Dutch to have scored

The not interfering thing was supposed to be when you've got a guy offside right over the other side of the pitch, not a couple of yards from the goalie, for me it's 50-50, yes ok because of what you say I'd have thought it just about ok if it had stood but equally can see why it didn't
    Apparently the rule is:

“The attacking player is penalised for preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the goalkeeper's line of vision."

By that rule I don’t see how the goal can be disallowed, he’s clearly not in the ‘keeper’s line of vision. He was a bit close to the ‘keeper I guess, although I don’t believe the ‘keeper was getting there regardless. Overall I like the “interfering with play” rule, I like any rule which favours attacking play. The metric for me is whether the goal would have been scored if the offside player hadn’t been there. Last night I reckon it would have. Obviously you have to make a judgement call in these situations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Apparently the rule is:

“The attacking player is penalised for preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the goalkeeper's line of vision."

By that rule I don’t see how the goal can be disallowed, he’s clearly not in the ‘keeper’s line of vision. He was a bit close to the ‘keeper I guess, although I don’t believe the ‘keeper was getting there regardless. Overall I like the “interfering with play” rule, I like any rule which favours attacking play. The metric for me is whether the goal would have been scored if the offside player hadn’t been there. Last night I reckon it would have. Obviously you have to make a judgement call in these situations.
    ok, that's fair I just think there's got to be some influence on the goalie if someone's standing a few feet away, though I get your favouring attacking play point

but if them's the rules then it's clear our great English officials cocked it up, no surprise there...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, that's fair I just think there's got to be some influence on the goalie if someone's standing a few feet away, though I get your favouring attacking play point

but if them's the rules then it's clear our great English officials cocked it up, no surprise there...
    It’s not just whether they got the decision right, they took forever over it.
    One thing which has immediately been noticeable in this tournament is how quick the decisions have been made. Not with our lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh the time it took was a farce and all very PGMOL

I'm still a bit mixed on the decision, it feels like maybe Dumfries doesn't quite fit into any of the criteria (I've read the full UEFA offside rule now), but at the same time his general presence is surely hard for a goalie to ignore, it feels like the officials made a d3cision in the spirit, rather than the letter, of the law

Anyway, whatever, as you sae the time taken showed up English officials good and proper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danny Murphy is so shit

Howling for a Georgia penalty when it’s never one in a million years

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pelanty to Georgia!