Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 4873

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Tories will they get over or under 100 seats
    You're really going out on a limb there!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I thought that was a prediction not a question. I retract my sarcasm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I predict they will get over 100 seats (120 range) but what do I know ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Labour majority will be less than predicted, I think the message about a supermajority will get through. Also I think a lot of people won't bother because they will see it as a foregone conclusion

That said it's a nice day which i think is good for turnout

I think the interesting story is the smaller parties - the Greens, Lib Dems and so on, also Scotland where the SNP are shaky and Labour/Lib Dems could get back

For the first time in over two decades I will actually stay up for this one I think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I think the Labour majority will be less than predicted, I think the message about a supermajority will get through. Also I think a lot of people won't bother because they will see it as a foregone conclusion

That said it's a nice day which i think is good for turnout

I think the interesting story is the smaller parties - the Greens, Lib Dems and so on, also Scotland where the SNP are shaky and Labour/Lib Dems could get back

For the first time in over two decades I will actually stay up for this one I think
    Liberal Democrat’s have chance of winning big in the broker belt of the Home Counties, they may do ok in the highlands of Scotland (not that there are many seats that way) but probably won’t ever get back to where they were in the South West.

Greens….their best hope for tonight is holding onto Brighton Pavillion and picking up Bristol West. They might benefit from the Islamist vote but I think in so far as areas where that will count it will be Galloway’s parasite party that picks those up. The type of sectarianism creeping into politics that I’ve warned about

Reform - Will 100% win Clacton, will probably win Boston and Skegness and Ashfield. Beyond that who knows, some fucking lovely people standing for them.

SNP losing seats will be where I take most pleasure, but probably not enough to go into work tomorrow having hardly slept
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 04-07-2024 at 10:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I predict they will get over 100 seats (120 range) but what do I know ?
    I'm pretty sure that's right. It would be a holocaust for them if they don't #joeybarton.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SNP losing seats will be where I take most pleasure, but probably not enough to go into work tomorrow having hardly slept
    I cleverly booked tomorrow off so I can stay up.
    Although I'm not sure how long I will in practice. Depends how it's all unfolding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I cleverly booked tomorrow off so I can stay up.
    Although I'm not sure how long I will in practice. Depends how it's all unfolding.
    Can’t be doing with that, I’ll probably do what I did five years ago and go to sleep about 1. And then catch up with what’s happened overnight in the morning.
    I have done what you’re doing in the past. Just frankly can’t wait for the whole thing to be done with.
    Lot of people going on about Rees-Mogg losing his seat and being excited for that. I really don’t care, the one thing I will say about Rees-Mogg is that he’s actually quite consistent in his beliefs and isn’t afraid to say what he believes even if it goes against Tory party policy. I think he’s a bit of a bufffoon and I won’t lose any sleep if/when he’s out of parliament, but neither do I intend to lose sleep waiting for it to happen. It’s not a Portillo moment, Portillo would have become Tory leader had he not lost Enfield Southgate

I think it’s also the best thing that happened to Portillo. He seems much happier wearing loud blazers and hopping around on Trains.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 04-07-2024 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t be doing with that, I’ll probably do what I did five years ago and go to sleep about 1. And then catch up with what’s happened overnight in the morning.
    I don't expect to do much more really, if it gets interesting I may stay up longer, but even if I stay up as late as 1 that's enough past my bedtime that I'd appreciate a day off.
    And what's not to like about a 4 day week?

It’s not a Portillo moment, Portillo would have become Tory leader had he not lost Enfield Southgate
    He was my MP when I was a kid and I remember there was some buzz about him becoming leader. The prospect of the PM being our local MP seemed vaguely exciting at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't expect to do much more really, if it gets interesting I may stay up longer, but even if I stay up as late as 1 that's enough past my bedtime that I'd appreciate a day off.
    And what's not to like about a 4 day week?

He was my MP when I was a kid and I remember there was some buzz about him becoming leader. The prospect of the PM being our local MP seemed vaguely exciting at the time.
    Dunno if he would have become prime minister, that Labour majority was big enough to keep them in power for at least two terms. And opposition leaders do well if they get two bites of the cherry.

That part of north london was probably at one time the Tories biggest stronghold in the capital. Enfield, Finchley, Barnet etc