Page 468 of 472 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 4712

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    BBC now saying Reform might get 4 seats, much fewer than the 13 they had been predicting earlier
    Reform currently on 4, Lib Dems on 69.
    I regard that as a good thing given my own political leanings, but I would note that Reform have actually got more votes across the country. It’s surely a failing of our system where the results are so out of kilter with the popular vote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Reform currently on 4, Lib Dems on 69.
    I regard that as a good thing given my own political leanings, but I would note that Reform have actually got more votes across the country. It’s surely a failing of our system where the results are so out of kilter with the popular vote
    It’s also an irony given that the Liberal Democrat’s have been the biggest proponents of electoral reform for the last thirty years, yet they’ve outperformed their national vote share.

Big tactical vote in the south and I think looking at some of the seats, a bit of a farmers revolt
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 05-07-2024 at 06:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and Liz Truss is gone…Lol

This makes for an interesting stat, that the seats of the four previous Tory prime ministers have been lost

Witney - Cameron’s old seat and Maidenhead - May’s old seat gone to the Lib Dem’s

Uxbridge and South Ruislip - Johnson’s old seat, and Liz Truss’ seat of South West Norfolk gone to Labour

Double Lolz
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 05-07-2024 at 06:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    They had a referendum and voted not to.
    I never trust referendums

Anyway I'm just saying if i was Scottish I'd want independence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never trust referendums

Anyway I'm just saying if i was Scottish I'd want independence
    You give me the impression you don’t like dear old England very much

Believe you me, everything you don’t like about England is just as abundant north of the border

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    You give me the impression you don’t like dear old England very much

Believe you me, everything you don’t like about England is just as abundant north of the border
    No it's less personal than that, I'm just saying that overall, Scotland has never been Tory yet they've spent many many years under the Tories, they also didn't vote to leave, so.they keep suffering from how the rest of the UK votes - therefore it only makes sense for them to want to go their own way, I know I would, but that's all hypothetical and putting myself in their shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1955 was the last time the Tories had a majority of the seats in Scotland. But ultimately super Austerity would come their way as a result of independence and they know it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1955 was the last time the Tories had a majority of the seats in Scotland. But ultimately super Austerity would come their way as a result of independence and they know it
    The people who weren't totally dumb knew leaving the EU would make this country much worse off but they still did it, admittedly mainly for reasons of prejudice (and yes i know it's not fashionable to say so but it was), so it can happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The people who weren't totally dumb knew leaving the EU would make this country much worse off but they still did it, admittedly mainly for reasons of prejudice (and yes i know it's not fashionable to say so but it was), so it can happen
    I don’t think Brexit has been all that influential in the state of the economy, it certainly hasn’t helped but when you look at the rise in energy costs, the inflation etc. A lot of it comes down to Ukraine, Covid etc. Now the Tories are to blame because they cut so much from public services that these things have affected us more than other European countries who also have massively faltering economies

It was also a low salience issue to voters in this election , whether they’d voted remain or leave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think Brexit has been all that influential in the state of the economy
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-b1143844.html