User Tag List

Page 469 of 472 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 4712

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it’s saying it’s had an impact and import/export barriers will make things worse

It’s having an impact on growth etc

But as I’ve said my contention is when you factor in Ukraine, Post-Covid inflation it’s not centre stage.

Brexit was always going to be more of a slow puncture than a tyre fire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://youtube.com/shorts/hrEpZAuSU...yaBjhG6a0nZA7C

Jess finally understanding that as much as you placate these guys, they still hate women and enjoy bullying them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Labour and Lib Dem’s did surgical targeting of seats, look at the respective vote share of the other party when the other has taken the seat. It was an unspoken of non aggression pact, very surgical.

Greens, well they were able to target one or two specific seats. But Reform went for national strategy

Farage isn’t great at general election campaigns, UKIP got almost 13% in 2015 but managed only one seat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Farage isn’t great at general election campaigns, UKIP got almost 13% in 2015 but managed only one seat
    That was my previous go to example of why FPTP wasn’t a good system.
    This election is a better one.
    Too many people are disenfranchised or feel they have to vote tactically rather than for the party which most aligns with their views.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reform get their 5th MP.

Now they resemble four used car dealers and a lad they’ve got in on work experience

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    60% turnout. Pretty pathetic, but too many people thought it was a foregone conclusion (which it was), that there wasn't that much difference between the parties anyway and just generally there's so much distrust of politics and politicians

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mrs Starmer btw.
    Probably would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    60% turnout. Pretty pathetic, but too many people thought it was a foregone conclusion (which it was), that there wasn't that much difference between the parties anyway and just generally there's so much distrust of politics and politicians
    60% turnout is a sign of apathy. I was one of the 40% who didn’t vote. Not because of the unfairness of FPTP, but I don’t like this “least worst” option thing. If you cross what I regard as a red line, I’m not giving you my vote…all five parties did this (although obviously some more than others) and in my constituency there was no independent candidate who I would have at least read about what they stood for.

I can understand the unfairness argument with disproportionality between votes and representation but equally we are a representative democracy and MPs shouldn’t be chosen from a party list system either.

My only solution would be to present a preference system which means that via ranked preferences ensures that each MP gets 50% of the vote (too many in this election have no where near that) it’s arguably less proportional than we have now but it’s more representative