User Tag List

Page 160 of 184 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1838

Thread: Euro 2024

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't tell me that after what Watkins showed in 10 minutes any sane person wouldn't want to have more of that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    You can't tell me that after what Watkins showed in 10 minutes any sane person wouldn't want to have more of that
    Scored a good goal but was operating with more space than he would have done in opening sixty minutes
    It’s hard to argue his effectiveness wasn't doubled as an impact substitute. Not saying Kane shouldn’t be dropped for him. What I’m saying is I don’t think starting with Watkins would have made a great deal of difference to how the first half went as he’d have had far less space to work with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kane doesn’t look fit and he’s not making runs, so even though at their best Kane is superior to Watkins I’m not sure what else we’re going to see from Kane now, he looks like a bum.

Fully expect him to start though but at least Southgate has shown he’s not afraid to haul him off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Kane doesn’t look fit and he’s not making runs, so even though at their best Kane is superior to Watkins I’m not sure what else we’re going to see from Kane now, he looks like a bum.

Fully expect him to start though but at least Southgate has shown he’s not afraid to haul him off.
    I would agree with that

I think it’s a big call to bench your captain, and one Southgate clearly isn’t strong enough to make. A bit like Martinez lacking the balls to bench Ronaldo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player ratings

Pickford 6 - Slow to react to Simon’s goal, though arguably the pace on the shot meant would have been hard for him to keep out

Walker 7 - Much, much improved from the last two games

Stones 6 - Let himself get bullied by Weghorst a bit, but otherwise quite solid

Guehi 6 - Quiet night. Think he can consider himself fortunate not to be dropped in favour of Konsa

Rice 6 - Passing and tackling not quite at the level it was against Switzerland

Mainoo 7 - Not as influential as he was against Switzerland, but still confident…good at winning the ball

Bellingham 6 - Drifted wide in this game, didn’t have the impact he would have wanted

Foden 7.5 - Given space in the middle actually saw the player that has been on show for Man City this season

Saka 7 - Some of his crossing a bit overcooked, but unlucky to have his goal ruled out

Trippier 5 - Kept Dumfries quiet but totally negated any attacking threat we might have on the left

Kane 5 - In the box more than against Switzerland, but fortunate to win a penalty off an avant-garde interpretation of what constitutes a foul

Subs:

Shaw 5 - One decent bit of control and crossing aside was completely non-existent

Palmer 7.5 - Perhaps should have done better with Shaw’s cross but caused much pant shitting amongst the men in orange

Watkins 8 - From that angle it’s a brave man who takes that shot on, but he did it with absolute certainty and confidence

Gallagher and Konsa - not on long enough to make it worth giving them a rating

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Mate of mine who is a Spurs fan reckons he may be just coming back from a knock.
    He’s seen him enough over the years. He says that Kane often takes some time to get back up to speed. I’m not sure we have the time to let him do that though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    So much BS on the TV about Southgate getting the subs right, doesn't any of them realise that if we had Watkins and Palmer on at the start we'd simply be better throughout?
    Walk before you run. At least he brought them on.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Scored a good goal but was operating with more space than he would have done in opening sixty minutes
    It’s hard to argue his effectiveness wasn't doubled as an impact substitute. Not saying Kane shouldn’t be dropped for him. What I’m saying is I don’t think starting with Watkins would have made a great deal of difference to how the first half went as he’d have had far less space to work with
    Again, WTF. Several crosses went into an empty box tonight. Kane is fine provided everyone plays at his pace, which is sloooooooooow. I gues that must be what the German league is all about. Don't know, don't watch it. But if Kane is the bomb over there then it must be geared up to suit him down to the ground. At top levels though, Kane is an old man trying to play a young game.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Mate of mine who is a Spurs fan reckons he may be just coming back from a knock.
    He’s seen him enough over the years. He says that Kane often takes some time to get back up to speed. I’m not sure we have the time to let him do that though.
    Shame Soutgate doesn't seem to know that then.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Again, WTF. Several crosses went into an empty box tonight. Kane is fine provided everyone plays at his pace, which is sloooooooooow. I gues that must be what the German league is all about. Don't know, don't watch it. But if Kane is the bomb over there then it must be geared up to suit him down to the ground. At top levels though, Kane is an old man trying to play a young game.
    Not even talking about Kane. Watkins is 5ft 11, not exactly a prodigious header of the ball. The claim is whether had we started with Watkins whether the game would have turned out differently, and I don’t think it would because there would have been less space for him to operate in. I’d have started with Toney and Watkins with the latter drifting left.

The very simple point is that a player with pace was an effective impact sub.