Page 161 of 184 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1838

Thread: Euro 2024

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Mate of mine who is a Spurs fan reckons he may be just coming back from a knock.
    He’s seen him enough over the years. He says that Kane often takes some time to get back up to speed. I’m not sure we have the time to let him do that though.
    We're in the final - I'd say that means we don't have time

Start Waktins or Toney and we've got a chance against Spain, start the whale and we'll be two down at HT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the other hand, he manages to win us penalties by kicking other players so that’s got to be worth something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the other hand, he manages to win us penalties by kicking other players so that’s got to be worth something
    If I was the KNVB (Dutch fa) I’d want a detailed and forensic explanation for why that penalty was awarded. You could perhaps just about understand if it was awarded on the pitch and VAR didn’t overturn it, but going to the pitch side monitor and giving it after originally not. That could set a really dangerous precedent in the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mate full of Hubris, that somehow having better individual players than Spain in most positions will mean we should comfortably beat them. Never mind that we haven’t comfortably beat anyone in this tournament.

If Walker plays like he did last night, might be able to keep Nico Williams at bay. Trippier? Going to get roasted by Yamal.

Rice can’t play out and can be pressed too easily. We won’t have the time to tolerate Bellingham and Foden squabbling over which one of them occupies the centre of the pitch

Watkins could give Carvajal trouble, as much trouble as Saka will cause Cucurella but it’s academic as he won’t start

A properly coached England side would be big favourites against Spain. It’s not to say we can’t win, just nothing I’ve seen from us in this tournament suggests that we will

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    If I was the KNVB (Dutch fa) I’d want a detailed and forensic explanation for why that penalty was awarded. You could perhaps just about understand if it was awarded on the pitch and VAR didn’t overturn it, but going to the pitch side monitor and giving it after originally not. That could set a really dangerous precedent in the game
    Even that American woman who does the explanations of the decisions said before he went to look at the monitor that it wasn't a penalty. It was a very strange one. That said, we were much the better team in the first half and the Dutch had ages to get a second goal and barely threatened so I don't think overall they can feel that hard done by. It's like us against West Ham and Newcastle last year. Yes, it's possible that the ball was out before the goals were scored but we had ages to turn it round and didn't. If it had been a late penalty which won us the game then there's more cause for complaint, but it wasn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even that American woman who does the explanations of the decisions said before he went to look at the monitor that it wasn't a penalty. It was a very strange one. That said, we were much the better team in the first half and the Dutch had ages to get a second goal and barely threatened so I don't think overall they can feel that hard done by. It's like us against West Ham and Newcastle last year. Yes, it's possible that the ball was out before the goals were scored but we had ages to turn it round and didn't. If it had been a late penalty which won us the game then there's more cause for complaint, but it wasn't.
    Oh we deserved to win, I don’t think there’s any question there, but you don’t want to be done by an outrageous decision no matter what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if Rice and Saka will be fit for the start of the season. I imagine they could miss Wolves at home but you’d want them back for Villa away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well in that one (admittedly important) instance yes but the ref didn't buy his pathetic diving the rest of the time tbf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    nothing I’ve seen from us in this tournament suggests that we will
    I think the officials will be key because while Spain aren't the tica-taca side they were, a bit of kicking and diving will probably be England's best chance to unsettle their game and so if they can get away with it I say they'll win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the final is being officiated by Francois Letexier,
    Letexier will be assisted by compatriots Cyril Mugnier and Mehdi Rahmouni while Szymon Marciniak, who refereed the 2022 World Cup final and 2023 Champions League final, has been appointed as the fourth official. (copied from The Athletic)