User Tag List

Page 135 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1722

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His biggest strengths were the ability to run with the ball and get on the end of an attack. I don’t think he had the best technique though and appeared a little cumbersome on eye. Even a lot of the goals he scored were kind of unorthodox in how they were executed.

Maybe Arteta just felt that he was too basic of a player to make a difference in his system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    His biggest strengths were the ability to run with the ball and get on the end of an attack. I don’t think he had the best technique though and appeared a little cumbersome on eye. Even a lot of the goals he scored were kind of unorthodox in how they were executed.

Maybe Arteta just felt that he was too basic of a player to make a difference in his system.
    Well from 2022 onwards, it was clear that he favoured Odegaard in that position. And you can’t say he was wrong really

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the Mirror - I do think this is a good example of how Arteta bullshits some players into signing or staying - I reckon he did the same with Nelson even though the reality is he just wanted some emergency backup. Also I think he did it when signing Trossard, although through Jesus' injury and forcing the issue Trossard made it into the first team.

"Emile Smith Rowe transfer, Arsenal exit decision and Mikel Arteta's broken promise

Arsenal academy graduate Emile Smith Rowe looks set to complete a £35million transfer to Fulham - just months after Mikel Arteta promised he would play more games
    Emile Smith Rowe

ByDan Marsh,Senior Sports Reporter

11:26, 25 Jul 2024

Emile Smith Rowe is on the verge of ending his 13-year association with Arsenal as a £35million transfer to Fulham edges closer.

Smith Rowe, a Hale End graduate who joined the Gunners at the age of 10, has spent the majority of the last two seasons on the fringes of Mikel Arteta's squad despite previously shining under the Spaniard.

The 23-year-old has been tentatively linked with a move away from the Emirates over the past 12 months given his lack of game time and such links have only intensified since talk of interest from Chelsea materialised in the January transfer window.

Fulham have since emerged as the attacking midfielder's most likely destination and are now close to striking an agreement with Arsenal for what would be a club-record deal.

Smith Rowe is keen on the move due to his desire to play regular first-team football after another year of frustration at Arsenal. He is aware he needs to be playing week in, week out, getting regular minutes, having witnessed a number of peers with England age group sides usurp him at senior level.

While Smith Rowe has been plagued by injuries at times over the past few years, Arteta did promise that the homegrown midfielder would get plenty of opportunities to impress during the second-half of the Premier League campaign back in January.

Speaking amid reports linking Chelsea with Smith Rowe, Arteta said: "This is a two-way conversation all the time with players. I love listening to them about how they are feeling, what is the best thing for them, or what they want to do. Because you really have to be aligned with them and how they are feeling and they have to feel important.

While Arteta may have promised Smith Rowe that he would get his chance to impress during the run-in, the reality was that the player went on to make just seven league appearances after those comments as Arsenal pursued the title. In total, Smith Rowe featured for just 346 minutes across the entire Premier League campaign last year, making only three starts."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marseille are interested in Nketiah apparently. Hopefully we can finally ship him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Marseille are interested in Nketiah apparently. Hopefully we can finally ship him out.
    Amen to that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently we're wanting £50m for Nketiah

Dream on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve officially signed the Italian (don’t get why this was a priority)

We’ve agreed to sell Smith Rowe to Fulham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    We’ve officially signed the Italian (don’t get why this was a priority)
    *sigh* it just happens to be the deal we were able to get done first

And if you can't understand why, consider the shallow depth of the squad in some areas - he won't expect to play every game but as 2022-23 showed we can't afford to lose Saliba (or Gabriel for that matter) and have a sharp dip in quality.

He's played both at LB and CB so has versatility - he can even take a good pel apparently

Anyway as always the fact you're already writing off the signing means he should have an excellent season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    *sigh* it just happens to be the deal we were able to get done first

And if you can't understand why, consider the shallow depth of the squad in some areas - he won't expect to play every game but as 2022-23 showed we can't afford to lose Saliba (or Gabriel for that matter) and have a sharp dip in quality.

He's played both at LB and CB so has versatility - he can even take a good pel apparently

Anyway as always the fact you're already writing off the signing means he should have an excellent season
    I’m not writing off him as a signing I know nothing about him

We’ve seen the same thing though time and time again, defenders brought in as a first order priority and often the other areas get neglected. How long now have we needed a proper striker?

Arteta has been here almost five years and we’ve bought no striker in that time. Jesus is not an out and out striker, neither is Trossard or Havertz. Yet we’ve signed defenders by the cart load

Even if Zinchenko fucked off we had enough defensive cover arguably. Ben White can play at centre back, Tomiyasu can play at centre back, Kiwior is a centre back, Jurrien Timber can play at centre back. It’s patently unnecessary. It reminds me of my time in Manilla when they were looking to build an extra floor on an extravagant mega mall when there were shanty towns outside.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 29-07-2024 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zinchenko isn't in any way shape or form a defender so his presence is neither here or there in terms of our cover in that position, other than, even if he was played further upfield, we'd need additional cover to account for how many times he gives the ball away and puts us under pressure

as for attackers, do you not pay attention, we've been pursuing various targets including Sesko, Goyoures (or however you spell his name) etc etc

have patience my dear