User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 283 of 286 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 2858

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Obama finally endorses Comma-La Harris after the realisation that no one better is going to challenge her for the nomination

What an utter shit show

She’s got to run the board in swing states and she’s behind in practically everyone. Plus it’s not beyond the realms of possibility for Virginia, New Mexico, New Hampshire and Maine to go for Trump as well. Basically Harris is on the pathway to be the worst performing Democrat since Michael Dukakis.

Maybe they need to look at the primary system to put a stop to the gerontocracy, venal nitwits and unqualified imbeciles
    One candidate literally took a bullet for democracy the other is unwanted has been forced on the people, which party is the threat to democracy?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obama finally endorses Comma-La Harris after the realisation that no one better is going to challenge her for the nomination

What an utter shit show

She’s got to run the board in swing states and she’s behind in practically everyone. Plus it’s not beyond the realms of possibility for Virginia, New Mexico, New Hampshire and Maine to go for Trump as well. Basically Harris is on the pathway to be the worst performing Democrat since Michael Dukakis.

Maybe they need to look at the primary system to put a stop to the gerontocracy, venal nitwits and unqualified imbeciles
    A week is a long time in politics...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    One candidate literally took a bullet for democracy

The exact sort of person who I'm sure uses the word "sheeple" a lot, literally quoting verbatim his cult leader. Baa!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One candidate literally took a bullet for democracy the other is unwanted has been forced on the people, which party is the threat to democracy?
    One candidate literally tried to overturn an election result he didn’t agree with. How did being shot at by a maladjusted loser have anything to do with Democracy.

You understand that primaries involving an incumbent president are fait accompli anyway, the last time an incumbent faced a serious challenger was Carter in 1980 when Ted Kennedy ran against him. Second Harris was voted for as running mate, so in the event of anything happening to him or him stepping aside she would be his replacement.

Is she a terrible choice, and would make for an awful president ? Yes but so will Trump. The difference is if on the 5th November she loses to Trump (which I suspect she will) she will concede defeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One candidate literally tried to overturn an election result he didn’t agree with. How did being shot at by a maladjusted loser have anything to do with Democracy.

You understand that primaries involving an incumbent president are fait accompli anyway, the last time an incumbent faced a serious challenger was Carter in 1980 when Ted Kennedy ran against him. Second Harris was voted for as running mate, so in the event of anything happening to him or him stepping aside she would be his replacement.

Is she a terrible choice, and would make for an awful president ? Yes but so will Trump. The difference is if on the 5th November she loses to Trump (which I suspect she will) she will concede defeat.
    Correct on many counts, except I don't think Harris would be 'awful'

In any case literally anyone is better than Trump, so on that basis whoever the Democrats put up should get everyone's vote - everyone that is except right-wing, neocon, libertarian nutcases - plus of course the large amount of totally stupid, prejudiced and ignorant people rolling around in their own shite in the many backwaters of the US

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Correct on many counts, except I don't think Harris would be 'awful'

In any case literally anyone is better than Trump, so on that basis whoever the Democrats put up should get everyone's vote - everyone that is except right-wing, neocon, libertarian nutcases - plus of course the large amount of totally stupid, prejudiced and ignorant people rolling around in their own shite in the many backwaters of the US
    You realise using that logic, Harris is actually far more of a “neocon” than Trump?

In fact take away Israel (the one area apart from gender woo where I agree more with Trump than Harris) and if you were voting based on foreign policy you’d be far better off supporting Trump (with your foreign policy views I mean)

And Harris is terrible, she has no political instincts of her own and then slavishly follows the nonsense that most mainstream Democrats seem to promote like the “be kind” approach to sexual predators in pigtails. Took the same support now, ask questions later approach to incredibly suspect organisations like BLM (which is literally no different to calling the Unite the Right dickheads as very fine people)

It would be nice if a presidential candidate Democrat or Republican didn’t immediately genuflect to the cretins on their extreme wing. Harris did have the decency to identify the intifada cosplaying protesters as anti semites but still trying to keep refuseniks on side by putting pointless pressure on Netanyahu. The pressure on him should be to escalate things, the slowness with which this war has been conducted and a completely pointless ceasefire in November will no doubt have kept Hamas on life support (Yahya Sinwar should have been rotting beneath the earth a long time ago)
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 26-07-2024 at 03:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as anything I was agreeing with where you said "The difference is if on the 5th November she loses to Trump (which I suspect she will) she will concede defeat."

totally - that says more about her and her supporters (who likewise won't assault the Capitol buiding) than any individaul policy position

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I found this earlier in this thread the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Can you imagine how Trump is going to react and act if he doesn't win later this year?
    No because he's not going to lose.
    But if the unimaginable happens why does everyone assume he's going to freak out? Where is the evidence?
    Though I'm sure if he has concerns re voter fraud he may legitimately raise them and it would be right to do so.
    The way he behaves like a child who just broke his favourite toy any time anything doesn't go his own way.
    On page 12: https://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/s...t=4710&page=12

Legitimately raising concerns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I found this earlier in this thread the other day

On page 12: https://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/s...t=4710&page=12

Legitimately raising concerns
    I stand by my previous comments.

Mentioned