User Tag List

Page 1395 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 39589512951345138513931394139513961397 LastLast
Results 13,941 to 13,950 of 13963

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do love Trading Places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/cm5241yd1r7o

If he doesn’t do interviews in patois or at least end every sentence with man/mon then I just have to wonder if his heart is still in it
    He's taking his wife with him apparently, she's going of her own accord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    He's taking his wife with him apparently, she's going of her own accord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was at the game against Levekusen last night - although a friendly we played some good stuff, especially in the first half before all the subs

Jesus was sharp though characteristically (and literally) all over the place, Leo was also sharp as was dare-i-say-it Zin, did well for his goal but was still pretty bad defensively

really enjoyed seeing Lewis-Skelly (not least because he replaced Zin) who looks good at LB, also Nwaneri good in midfield, Rice was lively at left 8 when he came on, Havertz was involved but even more erratic than usual, Odegard didn't look fully up to speed

A few other kids got some minutes but not enough to leave much of an impression.

Bit of a funny atmosphere and I got annoyed when people started a Mexican wave in the second half - really insulting to those young players and served the crowd right when we then conceded

Still it was promising in some ways, was sorry to not see Califiori and a bit surprised Timber wasn't even on the bench - not sure if he's injured again?

can't complain with 4-1 though

Xhaka

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back end of last season Jesus had a knee operation I think it was, and apparently he’d been carrying this injury and it was responsible for poor form. I’m always skeptical of such claims, especially as half the problem with him wasn’t looking unfit it was tactical positioning but given we aren’t going to sell him I am hopeful if not optimistic that what he’s shown in pre season can materialise on the pitch in competitive matches. Although I still submit we need a striker, if he and Havertz and Trossard can all get 15+ goals (big ask I know) we might be able to just about get away without one

I’d be interested to see him and Havertz get time together up front in some capacity, as I think they offer different things and can compliment each other.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 08-08-2024 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time we played Leverkusen was 2002 which was also a 4-1 win (albeit different Leverkusen side with Ballack, Neuville, Lucio, Basturk, Ze Roberto and Berbatov in it)

Remember that game for the Bergkamp lob.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched this back again now. The quick one touch, pass and movement is sublime.

Two of the goals are sublime as well, the Bergkamp lob and the Zoltan Sebescen consolation goal is top quality as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw people should check out the highlights of yesterday, especially our second goal (Trossard) which was hilariously brilliant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Btw people should check out the highlights of yesterday, especially our second goal (Trossard) which was hilariously brilliant
    Watched it, I don’t know if it was brilliant or just a case of no one wanting to take the shot and playing hot potato till it got to Trossard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Watched it, I don’t know if it was brilliant or just a case of no one wanting to take the shot and playing hot potato till it got to Trossard.
    ??? They did what they were supposed to do in front of goal, given the amount the cunts are paid to do it. Good goal. You are allowed to say, hooray!
    Für eure Sicherheit