User Tag List

Page 547 of 550 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548549 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 5496

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enfield Town FC go down 2-1 away at Torquay in their first National League South game

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Liverpool aren’t going to do anything. They only challenged last season because Klopp was by some way the best manager in the league. This Dutch guy won the league with Feyenoord season before last, I’d be surprised if they finish top four to be honest. Unless we fuck up badly, it’s going to be us and City making up the top two.
    This is the issue with the predictability of the modern game. This is why I feel there's a big contrast with international competitions. With the Euros, I guess Spain were one of the favourites pre-tournament. So were we. There were probably a few other contenders but I don't think there was a really clear one or two favourites and with a knockout competition there's a level of inherent uncertainty. In a league the best teams are going to end up at the top and when it's so clear who those are before a ball is kicked...what's the point?
    I guess you could say the same about the Arsenal-ManYoo duopoly from '98-2004, but at least then I had a sense that there were two sides who had exceptional managers and were slogging it out for top spot and that it wouldn't last. Now, the financial imbalance is such that the same few teams are always likely to be up there. As scathing as I am about City there was no other option is they wanted to get and stay up there.
    I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool aren’t going to do anything. They only challenged last season because Klopp was by some way the best manager in the league. This Dutch guy won the league with Feyenoord season before last, I’d be surprised if they finish top four to be honest.
    I believe people once said some guy called Arsene Wenger wouldn't do much at Arsenal either

This might be one of your many predictions that comes back to haunt you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I believe people once said some guy called Arsene Wenger wouldn't do much at Arsenal either

tbf he didn't really do much. 3 titles in 22 years is pretty pathetic tbh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are going to troll then put a bit of effort in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liverpool are a team with an ageing Salah and an ageing Van Dijk, and a lot of players who are inconsistent and overrated. With Klopp it was obvious there was something extraordinary about him….without Klopp, Liverpool are not making the title challenge that they did last season.

So it’s less about Slot and more the gigantic shoes he’s got to fill, he hasn’t inherited the quality of squad that won them the title four years ago. The zero signings they’ve made, suggests investment might be an issue for them either that or the owners want to see how he performs with the side that he has before committing funds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/ckgw1grdppzo

I have to say whilst I get that you have to have discipline in the squad. I’d find it hard if I were a coach to get worked up over nitrous oxide. With everyone filming everything it feels like players have to behave impeccably at all times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool are a team with an ageing Salah and an ageing Van Dijk, and a lot of players who are inconsistent and overrated. With Klopp it was obvious there was something extraordinary about him….without Klopp, Liverpool are not making the title challenge that they did last season.
    An ageing Salah who apparently was tearing it up in pre-season, plus I thi k the Euros showed us Gakpo has more to offer than he gave Liverpool last season, plus TAA was back to good form for them last season, I think new manager bounce and a relatively easy start to the season could put them in a very good position, contrasting with us who could well fail to win three games from our first five

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An ageing Salah who apparently was tearing it up in pre-season, plus I thi k the Euros showed us Gakpo has more to offer than he gave Liverpool last season, plus TAA was back to good form for them last season, I think new manager bounce and a relatively easy start to the season could put them in a very good position, contrasting with us who could well fail to win three games from our first five
    So you’ve gone from saying they’ve had a great summer transfer window which they’ve provably haven’t had, to talking about the players they already have. Gakpo did ok at the Euros, but he barely threatened when we played Netherlands in the semis. I’m sure Salah has had a good pre season, still doesn’t change the fact that he’s ageing.

As for Alexander Arnold, he’s a good set piece player and he’s got good pace but he can’t defend so it’s constantly a case of finding somewhere for him to play.

I understand your disappointment with our transfer window but it was clear to me that it was going to be a difficult one. But that squad of Liverpool wasn’t good enough to finish above us when Klopp who is probably one of the best coaches around was in charge, this Arne Slot chap is green…it’s going to take him a while to come to grips with the step up from the eredivise to the premier league. Klopp had been a two time champion with Dortmund as well as a champions league finalist with Dortmund so his pedigree was already on show.

Our first three games are very winnable, Villa are going to find it difficult without Douglas Luiz and like all teams that break into the top four they tend to struggle the season after, I don’t expect any different from Villa.

Liverpool tend to struggle against teams that give them the ball and sit deep, so Ipswich won’t be an easy game for them and after that….their next away game is at Old Trafford. But even if they start well, they could easily come unstuck in October and November when apart from anything else they have to come to the Emirates.

That they beat us in pre season means very little, United beat us in pre season last season (and we had a stronger team out) but we did the double over them and they came nowhere.

I think on balance Liverpool will probably finish third or fourth. But their defence is porous, they over rely on Salah for goals as Jota is injury prone and Nunez is inconsistent. So fair to say I’m not really quaking in my boots over them