Page 148 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1722

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.football.london/arsenal-...eadmore-target

I certainly hope we aren’t after this one season wonder from the Portuguese league. But that’s one example, where we’d need to sell to raise funds for the player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    The article claims that we are still operating under the self-sufficiency model, which is patently untrue.
    Why do you consider this untrue, or better yet, what do you think the term "self sufficient" actually means to a business?

There is no doubt that the signings we’ve made over the last few seasons have been funded by KSE to a large extent.

There is not only doubt to this assertion but there is absolutely no evidence anywhere that KSE gave us any money to sign players. I've searched for 30 mins and not seen anything reputable that suggests or has ever suggested that Kroenke invested his own money into any of our squads. Not even a quote from Josh or anyone from KSE that this "radical" thought has ever even been contemplated or crossed their mind . All I have seen keeps saying the same thing though, he remains one of the worst owners among the top six club owners when it comes to actually investing his own money into his business. Its been like this now for almost 2 decades, I am surprised you would suggest anything contrary with so much certainty.

It also states that we are operating within a level of grace of 100 million which actually isn’t a lot when you consider a striker of any decent quality is going to be 60 million plus, plus all the other add ons. would then explain why we are trying to get as much for Nketiah as possible, especially if we are also looking to sign players in other areas - Mikel Merino
    You are aware that using the PSR rules you mentioned earlier, even if we were to spend £100m on a player (like we did on Rice) only a fraction of that cost (transfer fee/contract length) + wages for the year are taken into account.

Anyway to keep it simple, if one really does understand finances professionally, like Swiss Ramble obviously does, we can spend more if we want to. Also no one from the club has actually said to us unequivocally that we are in jeopardy or cannot buy till we sell more players. I mean in recent times clubs have been far more open and made this the norm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most clubs that are open on their finances do so because they have shareholders to explain to. We don’t have shareholders and we don’t have AGMs anymore. And even Swiss Ramble has said that a lot of his financial assessments are guesstimates because since KSE bought the club it doesn’t publish what they are

The reason I assert it with such certainty is that when you look at the money we are bringing in and then look at the money we’ve spent on players (even when you take amortisation into consideration) the money spent outweighs the money we’ve brought in. You can’t look at summers with net spends well over 100 million and suggest that’s self-sufficiency especially post Covid.

Now a reasonable argument from your logic is that KSE invested in order to get us back into the champions league because without the revenue from that, the asset which is Arsenal FC is worth less. However now that we are back in champions league, it could be that KSE are being more frugal and saying no you have to be more financially independent again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    I don't for a second believe that after finishing 2nd twice in a row and having a befitting CL return we are now poorer or can't match a West Ham.

Read this (and don't get taken by the title):

https://tbrfootball.com/arsenal-give...ance-insiders/

For those who can't be bothered, it says that last season even after all the money we splurged on Rice, we still had wiggle room to spend another £100m if we wanted to and we still would not have breached PSR.

So definitely we still have a bit of that surplus left (you can deduct what we've spent on Raya and Califori) and more importantly, add the increased revenue we got from being back in the CL (and doing ok) for the first time in a billion years. BTW I've not even added the Smith-Rowe money yet.

So again, if we refuse to spend the money on strengthening the team, come the end of the season, there should be no excuses and no doubt who to blame for us falling short yet again.
    I think that article is right and if we have any restrictions it's those posed by KSE - not that I'm knocking KSE, we've spent a lot of money under them

It could be contributing to Edu and Arteta overvaluing Eddie I guess, but that will only hurt them if we don't get Eddie off the books, so they need to see sense and get what they can for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gundogan is coming back to City.

Gallagher has also finally signed for Atletico Madrid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Le Grove who is a bit of a minister of propaganda for Arteta, the rationale for our hard stance for Nketiah is because we think the nearer it gets to the window closing the more desperate clubs will be. He seems to intimate that despite what seemed to be the case for me, selling Nketiah is not about bringing in a new striker because Arteta doesn’t seem to want one because he feels that we have options with Havertz playing as a forward. There are rumours about one of the Saudi clubs wanting Jesus but he doesn’t want to go, he wants to prove his worth with us

I do think on one hand this is a mistake, on the other hand I don’t know of the availability of any players that wouldn’t constitute a panic buy. I’m not keen on Toney, I’m definitely not keen on this Swede from the Portuguese league and I think Isaak is too much like what we already have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein reports agreement close between Arsenal and Forest for Edward

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Edu has bagged the best part of 70m for Smith-Rowe and Nketiah you have to say that is very good work tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlie Patino to Deportivo La Coruna for 1m + big sell on clause.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Charlie Patino to Deportivo La Coruna for 1m + big sell on clause.
    A creative way to potentially get some money for deadwood.