Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1722

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i'll ignore the common abuse and remind myself to look at onilne Arsenal

as for Klopp i said nothing to imply that he wasn't a good manager, I'm not the only one saying a shift to a more measured approach rather than his full-on style might well suit the squad at this time

Meanwhile your claims about players such as Gakpo are completely baseless, that squad's a lot stronger than people seem to think
    What abuse, I’m saying you’re talking shit that somehow Liverpool players are glad to be not being coached by Klopp. Against Ipswich they changed things up at half time because Ipswich were causing them problems and arguably should have been ahead, Brentford gave them problems in defence and United in terms of performance had to be the shittest team they played, despite it constantly not working for them they continued time and time again to try and play out.

It’s to Slot’s credit that he’s flexible with changing things up tactically, but I remember Emery being the same with us when he was first here

The baseless claim is that Gakpo is somehow a good player based on a few goals and ok performance in the Euros (which I’ll remind you he scored the same amount of goals as Kane who you excoriated). I’m saying both Trossard and Martinelli are better players than him…I don’t think that’s controversial.

I think the only player that stands out above what we have in attack is Salah. Compare it to the Liverpool side of five years ago and it falls well short.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard we loaned that Sterling shit-kicker. Still trying to figure out why. Heard the useless git took a pay-cut. Good for him. Shows he wants to contribute. Trouble is, he's not capable. Silly deal.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    What abuse, I’m saying you’re talking shit
    actually no you said "you’re full of shit," which is direct abuse aimed at me personally, not what I said

Against Ipswich they changed things up at half time because Ipswich were causing them problems
    err, so they did what a good team does then and step up another gear to win the game?

Brentford gave them problems in defence
    pathetic

he scored the same amount of goals as Kane who you excoriated)
    Kane's goals were the usual tap-ins inside the box, pels etc, Gakpo made and scored some top-level goals

I think the only player that stands out above what we have in attack is Salah
    so you didn't notice that Diaz has now scored 3 goals over 3 games?

That's better than any of our players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are full of shit, I think we’ve reached the point where that’s not abusive just a statement of fact. I’m happy to evidence it.

Diaz has scored three goals in three games, that’s like saying because Nketiah scored two goals in our opening three games last season, he’s better than Havertz who scored none in that time.

The point which you again you miss, is that Ipswich is hardly one of the strongest teams, its going to get relegated and if it can cause Liverpool issues, you can only imagine what a capable team might do. And Brentford absolutely did cause that Liverpool defence problems, did Liverpool dominate both the game and chances? Yes of course it did…but you know as well as I do that this doesn’t necessarily win you games especially if you’re sloppy at the back.

Gakpo scored one decent goal in the Euros against Romania and even then, I’d argue the keeper should have done better. France and England were both terrible in the Euros and against them Gakpo was completely anonymous. He might stand out in that Dutch side because that Dutch side is average, but that doesn’t make him anything special.

Listen I get it, you’re suffering from emotional incontinence because you’re worried that because this has been a poor transfer window (I agree, it has) that somehow Liverpool winning three from three (against easier opposition than we’ve played) that they might finish above us. I can’t tell you for definite it won’t happen, we might get an outbreak of cholera in the training camp, a plane carrying our match day squad for an away day champions league match might crash into the alps.

Seriously though, it’s possible…Arteta is a poor coach that we are saddled with, but a) we’ve got a better squad than them and b) three games in league football is a ridiculously short amount of time to draw any conclusion about how good a team is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are full of shit
    You might think what i say is generally inaccurate (which to say that's throwing stones in glass houses is a huge understatement as your predictions on here are famously inaccurate to the point of farce) but it's a fact that a phrase such as "you're full of shit" is abuse and if you said it to, for example, a shop employee they'd have the right to report it as a Public Order Offence:

" Harassment, alarm or distress.

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he—

(a)uses threatening [F1or abusive] words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour"

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/64/section/5

and basically where I'm using evidence, such as Gakpo's obviously good form in the summer and Diaz's obviously good form in the PL so far, you're just saying "lalala that's all irrelevant because HCZ is right"

not much of an argument is it...?
    Last edited by Mac76; 03-09-2024 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m disputing the basis on how you’re determining good form and the implications you’re making in terms of comparing them to us, I think Diaz is a good player but saying he’s scored three goals when other players in our team hasn’t as evidence of superiority or even parity of quality based on a small sample of games is pretty silly.

Your argument about Gakpo is an opinion, it’s one I dispute. I don’t think the Euros proved him to be a top player. He wasn’t terrible, but again in my opinion when he played the top sides he was conspicuous by his absence of influence on the game

Abuse is a subjective term, if you find what I say to you abusive, I can only say that’s your problem. It’s not intended as abuse, it’s intended as an observation of what you argue but mainly how you argue. Maybe take your own advice that you dole out to me often enough and stop being so sensitive

The shop owner situation would be totally dependent on the context in which I used it, if they accused me of shoplifting and provided no evidence with which to make that assertion and I said they were full of shit…I sincerely doubt any police officer is going to take action against me for saying it…let alone a vexatious claim of shoplifting where at most they might ask me to empty my pockets to humour the shopkeeper
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 03-09-2024 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abuse is a subjective term
    Wrong again, most people find 'shit' to be an offensive word therefore you should have the objective expectation that directing at someone will cause offense https://www.indy100.com/viral/britis...ess-2659905092

my view on Gakpo is not an opinion it's a statement based on evidence, not least of which is that Gakpo was in Opta's team of the Euros https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/c87rvrxd08lo

funny, no Kane though

and re Diaz, as for "saying he’s scored three goals when other players in our team hasn’t as evidence of superiority or even parity of quality based on a small sample of games is pretty silly. "

it's less silly than saying he's not very good after he's scored three goals, especially when the quality of said goals is considered

This proves there's only one person here who's full of anything, but I'm too polite to say it
    Last edited by Mac76; 03-09-2024 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Wrong again, most people find 'shit' to be an offensive word therefore you should have the objective expectation that directing at someone will cause offense https://www.indy100.com/viral/britis...ess-2659905092

my view on Gakpo is not an opinion it's a statement based on evidence, not least of which is that Gakpo was in Opta's team of the Euros https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/c87rvrxd08lo

funny, no Kane though

and re Diaz, as for "saying he’s scored three goals when other players in our team hasn’t as evidence of superiority or even parity of quality based on a small sample of games is pretty silly. "

it's less silly than saying he's not very good after he's scored three goals, especially when the quality of said goals is considered

This proves there's only one person here who's full of anything, but I'm too polite to say it
    You provide an opinion column to claim you are objectively correct, and once again invoke the some people say rhetoric to back you up. And yet you complain when I say you’re full of shit

Guehi also made that Team of the tournament, which once again shows that even with statistics it’s hard to make an objective assessment of a players quality. Plus I didn’t dispute that he had a good tournament, I stated that a) he for me produced nothing against the big teams when Netherlands played them and b) that doesn’t make him a top player

Except I’ve never said Diaz isn’t very good, in my last message I explicitly said the opposite, I said the only player that stands head and shoulders above any of our attacking players is Salah. I think Saka is a better player than Diaz, and I think on the form he showed season before last as is Martintelli. That isn’t a negative reflection on Diaz, it’s a reflection that I rate Saka and Martinelli higher.

When I spoke about average players I said Gakpo, the Hungarian whose name I’m not going to try and spell, McAllister etc. They do have a reasonably good attack in that it’s probably just about better than ours on the whole (because of Salah). But in every other area of the pitch we are superior to them, this is what I said originally and this is what I’m saying now

If you need to argue against things I’ve not said, you can do that by yourself
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 03-09-2024 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want me to break it down so there’s no confusion.

I think Salah is better than any of our attacking players

I think Jota and Diaz are good, Nunez is ok but inconsistent. I think on balance Havertz, Saka and Martinelli are superior but I don’t think there’s loads in it

I think Trossard and Martinelli are better than Gakpo.

I haven’t compared Sterling to anyone because who knows what kind of player we are getting from Chelsea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You provide an opinion column to claim you are objectively correct
    *sigh* wrong again

read more carefully - it's a report of a survey carried out by the UK communications regulator - the very epitome of evidence - as opposed to your BS (note i am saying you are talking BS not that you're full of BS)

for me

Quite - you are doing nothing except voice an opinion whereas Opta is based on stats etc - you constantly maligned Guehi despite many saying he was something of a find for Englad - I'm probably in the middle on that one tbh, but again you're wide of the mark and contrary to fact and most others' opinion

I'm all for minority views but to hurl abuse at me for giving what you consider to be wrong opinoins when they are evidence-based and more mainstream than your own is pure childish throwing-your-toys-out-the-pram
    Last edited by Mac76; 03-09-2024 at 03:43 PM.