0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You are shitting me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Thought I’d hold off on this until I’d seen more of the game, than the two minute highlight reels produced by Sky Sports.

Raya 8 - Made a really good stop first half, and even with the close shots that were off target, he had his angles covered well

White 5.5 - Think he struggled against Son for pace, and was on too many occasions caught too far forward

Saliba 6.5 - Not one of his best games in an Arsenal shirt, but far from dreadful either

Gabriel 8.5 - Best player on the pitch, physical and made well timed interceptions. Worked his bollocks off, and deserved to score the winner even with the atrocious marking.

Timber 7.5 - Played the more traditional left back role, physically strong. I don’t think the yellow for the foul on Porro was even a foul, yellow probably deserved for grabbing Vicario’s shirt (understandable but not the smartest thing to do)

Jorginho 6 - Looked rusty and was not up to dealing with Spurs’ high press

Partey 7 - Did better slightly further forward but didn’t have that much influence on the game overall

Trossard 6 - Largely peripheral

Martinelli 6.5 - Still suffering from lack of confidence, if he’d actually looked up after being played in he would have surely had an assist, there was plenty of industry from him

Havertz 6.5 - Chances were few and far between for him

Saka 7.5 - Won the corner and took the corner from which Gabriel scored, probably would have been on the scoresheet if Martinelli had looked up and tracked back well and prepared to roll his sleeves up

Subs

Not worth giving a rating too as weren’t on the pitch long enough. There wasn’t really any attacking play to speak of to assess any of these subs

Given that I’d accepted at the beginning that the missing players meant might have to settle for a draw, this was a welcome result. It wasn’t the kind of performance to knock your socks off, but it wasn’t a poor one. What it lacked in star quality, it made up for in work rate and industry. I’m still concerned that it’s too easy to press us off the ball in our third but in this game at least, the space wasn’t there for spurs to capitalise on it.
    Spurs did look dangerous at times in the first half, and I think there were two or three decent chances for them, but given their territorial dominance. Two or three chances isn’t a shed load, though we do have to assume that City will be both more aggressive and more ruthless next Sunday.
    Having Rice will give us more control in the middle of the park though, it will be about using width better in the absence of Odegaard. But that’s to worry about in five-six days, it’s not even our next game.
    That's utterly ridiculous and judged on the usual superficial level. Every player earns a 10 in the real world. Or maybe 9 across the baord and 10 for Sake, Matinelli and Trossard for their unceasing effort. 10 For Timber because he somehow managed to be in every position on the pitch at the same time. 10 for Havertz because he just copied Timber, shamelessly. Hell, even Partey put 100% into it. Anyone who can give scores of 6 - especially for Jorghino (that's fucking hilarious) - know fuck all about football and is simply one of those turds who tune into Sky News and listen to bullshit.

That was a really, really good performance. May I ask, have you ever played football and any decent standrd? An d I mean by that a local club like Bumblefuck FC? Have you ever been subject to a pre-game discussion where you discuss your opponents and their team as a whole and how you will play in response?

As you know, I'll be the first to shit all over a bad performance. But when it's a good performance and you still shit on it, well that's your problem. So your score? 1/10 - the 1 point for turning up. Otherwsie your scaores show no appreciation for football and only an appreciation for the media.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Martinelli’s decision making is so weak. Almost like his legs are too fast for his brain.

Though I do concede his direct running is effective at wearing an opponent down, I just wish he was more of a killer with his end product.
    He ws fucking brilliant. His legs never gave up running. Up the pitch, down the pitch, acting as the second full-back one minute and the wide outlet the next. Magnificent performance.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly don't get it. For years we've been begging for a competent defence. Now we have, by far, the best defence in the league. And we wanted 100% effort every game and none of those cissy performances that ww shoud have won but ended up losing. Now we are doing that. That was a very competent win. Against a team in their own toilet bowl. And we were set up by that corrupt ref to lose, so a loss against the gypos next week put us out of the title. and we overcame all that and calmly won? This team has come a long, long way. It actually looks like a team now and after that performance I'm going to stop calling them pampered bastard because it seems they have finally learned what graft is. Now then, if they go out next week and play like they are on a beach sunning it up, I'll call them out for it. But I don't think they will. I'll tell you, I haven't seen a more impressive pair of centre backs in Gabriel and Saliba than you-know-who. There are signs we could actually be back. Don't knock them down when they are climbing a ladder.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I honestly don't get it. For years we've been begging for a competent defence. Now we have, by far, the best defence in the league. And we wanted 100% effort every game and none of those cissy performances that ww shoud have won but ended up losing. Now we are doing that. That was a very competent win. Against a team in their own toilet bowl. And we were set up by that corrupt ref to lose, so a loss against the gypos next week put us out of the title. and we overcame all that and calmly won? This team has come a long, long way. It actually looks like a team now and after that performance I'm going to stop calling them pampered bastard because it seems they have finally learned what graft is. Now then, if they go out next week and play like they are on a beach sunning it up, I'll call them out for it. But I don't think they will. I'll tell you, I haven't seen a more impressive pair of centre backs in Gabriel and Saliba than you-know-who. There are signs we could actually be back. Don't knock them down when they are climbing a ladder.
    This is exactly why for me it was a decent game and not the garbage some people on here claim

Not every game is about Odegaard's neat little flicks or Saka's bamboozling defenders to create a goal, sometimes it's about the art of defending and we showed it in spades in that game

and the corner was executed brilliantly