Page 484 of 485 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485 LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 4846

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Also many of these "millionaires" may just be property millionaires, they are not rich at all.
    LERN TOO REED

Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    What I actually said is I don't think millionaire pensioners should be getting extra benefits. And by that I don't mean someone who lives in a fairly modest house which, because of the insanity of the housing market, happens to be worth a million. If a person in that situation has a small income then yes of course they should be getting the benefit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.itv.com/news/2024-09-15/...es-for-ukraine

Why is he determined to start WW3?

Freezing our elderly to death now he wants to send our young to the battlefield I guess whatever helps Bill Gates depopulation goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    I guess whatever helps Bill Gates depopulation goals.
    Care to volunteer ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Care to volunteer ?
    That might just be your funniest ever post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a similarly macabre topic, there’s talk that Assisted Dying might be introduced for a vote in parliament as a private members bill (which is the right thing, something so clearly sensitive and a matter of individual conscience cannot be treated as a party political matter)

I’ve changed my view on this somewhat, in principle I absolutely still believe in the right of those suffering to end their lives with dignity, but it’s a recognition that it’s rarely ever as simple as that in practice and certain individual cases that have been publicised in Europe and Canada make me very uneasy indeed.

Even a law passed with the best intentions can have drastically dire consequences, even when we think we have the proper safeguarding in effect. And I no longer thing it’s just hyperbole to state that we could end up in a situation where people feel obligated to die, so that they no longer are a burden to society.

I expect any such Bill will fail to get voted through, as it’s clear that there isn’t a clear correlation between party affiliation and where you fall on this matter (actually that’s a good thing, as it deserves more thoughtfulness than tribal allegiance)

That and if you don’t feel that strongly on the issue, in a cost/benefit analysis it’s probably safer to go with the status quo (however I did make that same prediction with Brexit and I was wrong, however different issue and this is being decided on by elected politicians rather than the general public).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bloke who started the church I go to said something about this a few weeks back. His position is that this is the wrong thing.
    I dunno.
    I mean, my dad had no quality of life for the last couple of years - he had dementia so obviously wasn't in any fit state to make this sort of decision.
    If someone has a degenerative condition which affects body rather than mind though, there is definitely an argument that they should be able to say enough is enough.
    We put animals down out of kindness. I do believe human life is different to human life - if I didn't I wouldn't eat sausages - but I think quality of life is as important if not more important than quantity.
    In brief...it's complicated. There are obvious dangers here. I don't really buy the slippery slope argument though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the risk of not being a Cunt for once, I’m sorry to hear about your Dad…my Mates dad had Lewy Body Dementia, and it’s often a case of visiting them in the hope that they are having a more lucid day and you’re not a stranger to them.

I often think my Mum was in the early onset of Dementia when she died, she often had a razor sharp memory but it was beginning to go on her and she was getting confused.

I don’t think the “slippery slope” cases are a necessary consequence of right to die laws, but I think there is a legitimate fear that if not regulated properly…unscrupulous individuals can take advantage of it or it can be offered out callously as an option by an uncaring system (this has happened in Canada). Therefore I think it has to be restricted to terminal illness or as you say degenerative conditions. Im not sure about things like Dementia/Alzheimer’s because it’s dependent on someone making a decision about what they want to happen more or less when they are a different person than they become or choosing to die before things get too bad. I’m thinking of more things like severe MS or Motor Neuron Disease.

It’s an emotional topic, Ed Davey is against it for personal reasons, he has a son with severe developmental disability who he is a carer for and I suspect he worries about a scenario where his son could be euthanised (probably not a realistic prospect, but I can understand the fear)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    At the risk of not being a Cunt for once, I’m sorry to hear about your Dad…my Mates dad had Lewy Body Dementia, and it’s often a case of visiting them in the hope that they are having a more lucid day and you’re not a stranger to them.
    Oh please, don't ever stop being a cunt on my account! But thanks.
    It's a strange disease. There must be a period where it's hard for the person because they must know they're getting confused and that must be distressing for them. But then they get beyond that and they're happily oblivious and then it's harder for the relatives. The thing which made it a bit easier towards the end with dad was we had the boy by then. And that makes everything easier - a toddler running around a care home immediately cheers everyone up.

I don’t think the “slippery slope” cases are a necessary consequence of right to die laws, but I think there is a legitimate fear that if not regulated properly…unscrupulous individuals can take advantage of it or it can be offered out callously as an option by an uncaring system (this has happened in Canada). Therefore I think it has to be restricted to terminal illness or as you say degenerative conditions. Im not sure about things like Dementia/Alzheimer’s because it’s dependent on someone making a decision about what they want to happen more or less when they are a different person than they become or choosing to die before things get too bad. I’m thinking of more things like severe MS or Motor Neuron Disease.
    Yes, it's difficult with dementia because by the time they get to a stage where we might judge they have no quality of life they are unable to make the decision themselves, and it surely has to always come from the person. There are legitimate concerns but it's definitely a conversation we should be having as a society - especially now we have the ability to keep people alive for longer. An argument against this sort of thing is that it's "playing God". Isn't keeping people alive on machines "playing God"?
    But the slippery slope argument can be applied to anything, it's actually recognised as a logical fallacy. Just because "a" could lead to "b" could lead to "z", that doesn't mean it will.
    It’s an emotional topic, Ed Davey is against it for personal reasons, he has a son with severe developmental disability who he is a carer for and I suspect he worries about a scenario where his son could be euthanised (probably not a realistic prospect, but I can understand the fear)
    Yes, that's not realistic because in that scenario it sounds like his son has no ability to make that decision for himself and that would automatically rule him out of the conversation.
    We are talking about people of sound mind who can make the decision for themselves. But obviously it shouldn't be a proxy for suicide for people who have bad mental health. There was this case recently which I find troubling:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ntal-suffering

Now, to be fair she didn't just turn up, say "feeling a bit fed up today" and they directed her towards the suicide booth. There was due process and quite a lengthy one. But it doesn't sit right with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I didn’t suggest it was as simple as that. But ultimately from my perspective as a counsellor…it is basically admitting that someone is a hopeless case in terms of depression and I don’t believe that a hopeless case exists especially not with a neurotic condition like Depression.

Ultimately whilst Depression as a mood disorder is affected by brain chemistry, it’s also influenced by life events as well as patterns of thought and behaviour. She had what seemed to me to be a stable relationship, and there was no suggestion of her being anhedonic (incapable of experiencing joy)

I don’t for a second doubt the sincerity of her wishes, ultimately if someone wants to commit suicide…I don’t believe in physically stopping them (most people with suicidal ideation, usually talk about feeling suicidal because they want help) but I don’t think there’s an ethical way in which either the state or a private company should be accomplice to this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Well the determination is made by your income from state and other pensions not the value of your assets

And no a millionaire isn’t what it was, but it’s still safe to say they don’t need subsidy for heating bills

I don’t want anyone going cold because they can’t afford heating, I also think the cut off has been set low. But let’s not pretend that by some considerable distance, pensioners aren’t the most likely recipients of state benefits and tax subsidies.

And let’s not pretend that the reason for this, is Not because a) there’s more of them than any other single age bracket and b) they are more likely to vote than the rest of us.
    By WHOM? Who are these cunts that determine how much they may steal? How fucking whipped are you? If I make a deal with somebody who agrees to pay me a million for sucking their cock - I'm bringing it to a levl you will understand - that's MY million and my mouthful. What gives the right for any other cocksucker who didcn't actually suck a cock to demand I share spit and then open my wallet to them? Don't you get the underlying principle of this? You are grovelling to criminals. And when somebody calls them out as criminals you are grabbing your master's cock and screaming - MINE!
    Für eure Sicherheit