User Tag List

Page 1403 of 1403 FirstFirst ... 403903130313531393140114021403
Results 14,021 to 14,027 of 14027

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I doubt I'll ever enjoy the game more than I did those days....the highs and the lows those games brought me was just crazy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    I doubt I'll ever enjoy the game more than I did those days....the highs and the lows those games brought me was just crazy
    tbh i was more angry than anything - it wasn't an equal fight, we always got penalised more than Man 'no pels awarded against them at Old Shiteford' Ure and it was the days when they always got as much ET as they needed to get a winner, Ferguson bullied and cheated his way to at least half those titles , it's why i have no respect for him or Man U - Keane should have been in prison for some of his tackles, not collecting medals

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Same.
    I was younger, didn't have my own family so this was quite a big thing in my life - and when you're younger you feel things more deeply anyway.
    It was a brilliant rivalry - Spurs were always worth a chuckle but they were more of an annoyance than a serious rival, the Utd games were always the ones I looked for first.

EDIT: And it was before the billionaires came in and started buying up trophies left, right and centre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite Arsenal season was the 01/02 season (as opposed to the unbeaten season)

I think as good as the unbeaten season was, there was by about March an inevitability about us winning the title, and I think going out of the fa cup and champions league in the space of three days in the unbeaten season was a bit of a bummer.

I was 18 for the 01/02 season….and it felt like a rollercoaster at times from losing 4-2 at home to Charlton and 3-1 at home to Newcastle, to going to Anfield and winning for the first time in almost a decade (playing most of the game with ten men) just before Christmas.

We were pretty rubbish in the champions league but even with that, there was the 3-1 win over Juventus and the 4-1 win over Leverkusen.

Nail biting games like beating Liverpool in the fa cup after being reduced to nine men, beating Chelsea in the final with two of the best goals I’ve seen us score.

Then you have the Pirès lob at Villa Park (without doubt the most nonchalant goal ever scored), the Bergkamp lob against Leverkusen and the Bergkamp spin and shot goal against Newcastle

The Henry double against United and the look of anguish on Barthez’s face as he gifted both of them to him.

All topped off with an otherwise forgettable game at Old Trafford, where there was a certain inevitability (we scored in every league game that season) that we’d find the net and all it took was one mistake from Silvestre and a marauding Ljungberg

“Pushed out by Barthez….Wiltord!!”

I got pissed that night and no mistake

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah.

I think up to a point The Invincibles achievement is over-rated. There are such fine lines in football, early in that season it was "The Battle of Old Trafford", 6 inches lower and that penalty goes in and while we might still have finished champions we wouldn't still be talking about that achievement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah.

I think up to a point The Invincibles achievement is over-rated. There are such fine lines in football, early in that season it was "The Battle of Old Trafford", 6 inches lower and that penalty goes in and while we might still have finished champions we wouldn't still be talking about that achievement.
    My favourite game in that season was in a competition where we certainly weren’t invincible and that was the 5-1 game against Inter.

A fairly even first half, re-established the lead early second half ….cagey game for next forty minutes…Henry does Zanetti and scores on the break and then a free for all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually went to a couple of away league games that season, I was up in the stands at Ewood Park, behind the goal where Henry nicked the ball off Brad Friedel, rounded him and slotted home. Referee too stupid to realise that it was a perfectly legitimate goal as Friedel had released the ball and Henry had intercepted micro seconds after it had left his boot. I wonder what VAR would have done, probably would have disallowed the goal and sent Henry off for dangerous play