User Tag List

Thread: Abu Dhabi United Group (also known as Manchester City) vs Arsenal, September 22nd 2024, KO 16:30 (GMT)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abu Dhabi United Group (also known as Manchester City) vs Arsenal, September 22nd 2024, KO 16:30 (GMT)

I said to friend of mine just now, it’s not really in our hands what result we get from this game. Because as watertight as our defence has been, last night showed we are still capable of the odd mistake that can be punished in a split second. But even without that, with a freak like Haaland it’s possible to make no errors and still lose.
    Because Arteta has prioritised defence to the exclusion of everything else, with the personnel available to us the option to take the game to City simply does not exist in the way it did when City-Liverpool had their mini rivalry.
    That’s not to say we can’t win the game, but it will be more a case of factors involving how well City defend…if they switch off…we absolutely can do enough to nick a goal and perform a shut out. Equally if Haaland performs like he did against Inter, I would be quite confident in our ability to contain him.

In terms of percentages I’d probably say 45% City win, 40% chance of a draw and 15% chance we win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-0 Haaland hatter

I might even bet on it this time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Betting on him to score? Ok, betting on him to get a hat trick against us. Famous last words and all that, but you’d be better off getting a couple of pints or an acceptable bottle of wine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was more that, as you know, I always predict an opposition hatter but there is at least a half-decent chance of it this time

More likely though it will be a closer score and a low one, with Citeh winning by the odd goal, though I don't rule out another gritty draw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope we win, tbh

#allhailthecomma

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could age like milk but I'd be surprised if it's high scoring. We're good at defending, we'd be stupid to be gung-ho.
    1-0 either way or 1-1, I reckon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You rule out another 0-0?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    You rule out another 0-0?
    I wouldn't rule it out but my guess is someone will score.