User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Match reaction v Man City (away), Player ratings too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Hmmm not sure it was a pass, pretty fucking terrible pass if so as it’s shanked out of play. But if it’s a booking a fraction of a second after the whistle it’s a booking when it’s brazen like with Jeremy Doku
    https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...iel-martinelli

Disagree, it was a decent attempt and did not go out of play. Also Martinelli was in miles of space, a bit similar to catching them out with Walker.

The stills also prove that he had started the action before the whistle. But here's another analysis from them on that.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...d-hard-done-by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno, still think if it’s pass it’s a pretty rum one. I am however sympathetic with the idea that his momentum meant that the time between the whistle blowing and him kicking the ball makes a second booking ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...iel-martinelli

Disagree, it was a decent attempt and did not go out of play. Also Martinelli was in miles of space, a bit similar to catching them out with Walker.

The stills also prove that he had started the action before the whistle. But here's another analysis from them on that.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...d-hard-done-by
    I agree it was a pass Martinelli woudl've got onto, he only stopped running because of the whistle

anyway at the end of the day Oliver's a bent fucker and all refs hate us

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it was a pass, as Merse said, he would have just side footed it, not hoofed it.
    But one could argue he was just trying to clear his lines, and that the gap between whistle and him starting to boot it was small enough that he couldn't have reasonably stopped.
    But...whatever. It's clear they were cheating in any way they could to beat us. And they still couldn't.
    There's something different about this team, City know they've got a real fight on their hands if they're going to buy another title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I agree it was a pass Martinelli woudl've got onto, he only stopped running because of the whistle

anyway at the end of the day Oliver's a bent fucker and all refs hate us
    The thing is, if you get free flight and accommodation in one of the best hotels in Abu Dhabi and you get comped with Asian hookers, all the blow and crystal meth to keep you going all night. You just can’t go back to a normal life, it’s like eating Wagyu for ages and then going back to gristly stewing steak….its just not the same

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I will say is that we know we are clearly being targeted for 'delaying the restart' whereas the rest of the prem are getting a free pass (I haven't heard of any other player being booked for this so far this season?)
    so we HAVE to start being more careful in these situations. Stop giving refs who are looking for every opportunity to punish us, an excuse to punish us.

Also, I'm not a massive fan of all the timewasting. White does it often with his throw ins and there's bits here and there that we do.
    I like the shit-housery, but timewasting isn't what I class as that and really pisses me off as it's unnecessary. We are a good enough team to beat everyone else without resorting to those low ball tactics and yesterday we came unstuck from it.

Raya and Timber both went down in added time, just before a restart was going to take place and that time was added on to the end of the game which is when they scored.
    Also I still cannot forgive Jesus for inviting danger when he didn't need to.
    Sure take the ball to the corner and keep it there - but you do that at the other end of the pitch, not your fucking own!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    The only thing I will say is that we know we are clearly being targeted for 'delaying the restart' whereas the rest of the prem are getting a free pass (I haven't heard of any other player being booked for this so far this season?)
    so we HAVE to start being more careful in these situations. Stop giving refs who are looking for every opportunity to punish us, an excuse to punish us.

Also, I'm not a massive fan of all the timewasting. White does it often with his throw ins and there's bits here and there that we do.
    I like the shit-housery, but timewasting isn't what I class as that and really pisses me off as it's unnecessary. We are a good enough team to beat everyone else without resorting to those low ball tactics and yesterday we came unstuck from it.

Raya and Timber both went down in added time, just before a restart was going to take place and that time was added on to the end of the game which is when they scored.
    Also I still cannot forgive Jesus for inviting danger when he didn't need to.
    Sure take the ball to the corner and keep it there - but you do that at the other end of the pitch, not your fucking own!!
    tbh i used to hate it when Henry used to do all that taking-it-to-the-corner-flag BS - just score another goal you fucker you're good enough

and that was when he was taking it to the OPPOSITION corner flag, not as you say our own ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dermot Gallagher done the full throated defence of Michael Oliver, and claimed the Doku incident wasn’t a booking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Dermot Gallagher done the full throated defence of Michael Oliver, and claimed the Doku incident wasn’t a booking
    Of course it wasn't.
    You seem to be forgetting that Doku doesn't play for Arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dermot Gallagher defending Michael Oliver is like Gary Glitter defending Hew Edwards.