User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Arsenal v Leicester City, Saturday 28 September 3pm KO, Emirates Stadium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blaming Arteta for Gabriel Jesus's downturn could be allowed and understood to an extent...but Martinelli, no, now its clear you are just playing favourites.

He is undoubtedly the new teacher's pet. He's started games that he doesn't deserve to start (at least you kind of admit this) and played minutes anyone with his contributory stats (or should I say lack of) would kill for. A close to expired Sterling in only one start, has doubled all of Martinelli's contribution this season. Stats do not tell the whole story but an absence of any sensible stat both domestically and internationally should ring alarm bells.

Comparing his potential with Saka's is even more bewildering. I mean though he has looked jaded and poor this season (I have said this in practically every match thread ), every single goal we have scored in the league (except for Califiori's goal ) has come from his direct effort. That's what a poor Saka gives you i.e. almost 11 points in our case. How there can still be any rumblings on who is the better or more important player baffles me.

Anyway this is all academic, like I said earlier, I actually think Arteta has realised he needs to move on from Martinelli. AFAIAC, both him and Jesus have mainly themselves to blame for being stuck in such a shitty loop (for over a year now) and making themselves look so dispensable.

Look at Kai Havertz, a limited player in all aspects, yet he's learnt to live and thrive in Artetaball and now has the stats to support this. I think both Jesus and Martinelli can be accused of being mentally lazy and that's why I have little time for them.

Anyway, I'd start him against Leicester simply because he's a workhorse and I actually think that game is going to be a lot tougher and physically draining than a lot of us think it will be (close to Villa like).

However if I am looking for a goal, Trossard and Sterling would always be ahead of him; and I don't think anyone needs to make any fantastical arguments to back this assertion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Want to see some goals from our forwards here.
    Good luck with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Blaming Arteta for Gabriel Jesus's downturn could be allowed and understood to an extent...but Martinelli, no, now its clear you are just playing favourites.

He is undoubtedly the new teacher's pet. He's started games that he doesn't deserve to start (at least you kind of admit this) and played minutes anyone with his contributory stats (or should I say lack of) would kill for. A close to expired Sterling in only one start, has doubled all of Martinelli's contribution this season. Stats do not tell the whole story but an absence of any sensible stat both domestically and internationally should ring alarm bells.

Comparing his potential with Saka's is even more bewildering. I mean though he has looked jaded and poor this season (I have said this in practically every match thread ), every single goal we have scored in the league (except for Califiori's goal ) has come from his direct effort. That's what a poor Saka gives you i.e. almost 11 points in our case. How there can still be any rumblings on who is the better or more important player baffles me.

Anyway this is all academic, like I said earlier, I actually think Arteta has realised he needs to move on from Martinelli. AFAIAC, both him and Jesus have mainly themselves to blame for being stuck in such a shitty loop (for over a year now) and making themselves look so dispensable.

Look at Kai Havertz, a limited player in all aspects, yet he's learnt to live and thrive in Artetaball and now has the stats to support this. I think both Jesus and Martinelli can be accused of being mentally lazy and that's why I have little time for them.

Anyway, I'd start him against Leicester simply because he's a workhorse and I actually think that game is going to be a lot tougher and physically draining than a lot of us think it will be (close to Villa like).

However if I am looking for a goal, Trossard and Sterling would always be ahead of him; and I don't think anyone needs to make any fantastical arguments to back this assertion
    Yeah but your explanation for us going after Mudryk was Arteta somehow deciding to phase out Martinelli, so it’s best to just go with you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Lacazette, Aubameyang also another couple of players that were mismanaged by Arteta. Auba’s goals dry up as soon as he signs that new contract because Arteta lacks the ability to motivate him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Havertz is not a limited player and he isn’t one just because you don’t have the strength of personality to row back from claims you made a year ago. Is he as technically gifted as some of the other players in the squad ? No but really all what’s been proved with Havertz is what an absolute bin fire of a club Chelsea is. They’ve been lucky in games, West Ham’s sepaku defending, Bournemouth inability to finish their chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't top pros, let alone the highest paid officials in an organisation, take some responsibility for motivating themselves? I was as angry as anyone with the way Auba and Laca left...but Auba failed at Barca and hasn't recovered form while Laca only had one good season at Lyon....so it turns out our annoying uncaring coach had a bit of a point!

Anyway, regarding me not knowing what I am talking about, I can't really get offended with your judgement seeing as it comes up with weird stuff like this:

Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I just think Martinelli is an exceptional player both in terms of pace and technique..... I think the potential is there for him to be better than Saka, as for me as good as Saka is…he’s a little one dimensional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Also Havertz is not a limited player and he isn’t one just because you don’t have the strength of personality to row back from claims you made a year ago. Is he as technically gifted as some of the other players in the squad ? No but really all what’s been proved with Havertz is what an absolute bin fire of a club Chelsea is. They’ve been lucky in games, West Ham’s sepaku defending, Bournemouth inability to finish their chances.
    Havertz is a limited player technically and all serious football fans know this.

But it is funny to see you talking about "rowing back claims" after it took Letters the better part of a year to get you to stop trolling our manager's marital and mental health based on snippets from a tv show
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; Today at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except he didn’t fail at Barcelona, 13 goals in 23 games. They moved him on to free up their wage bill for Lewandowski

The only club he didn’t succeed at was Chelsea and that falls under my previous statement of the club being a bin fire

And I absolutely stand by that statement you’ve quoted. Your disdain for Martinelli is basically in my view as misguided as your disdain for Havertz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Havertz is a limited player technically and all serious football fans know this.

But it is funny to see you talking about "rowing back claims" after it took Letters the best part of a year to get you to stop trolling our manager's marital and mental health based on snippets from a tv show
    Are you a sock puppet account for Mac76..you both have that curious habit of trying to pass off obscurantist opinions as common knowledge

Nope I still stand by what I said about Arteta as well, someone in my view who is on the spectrum. Basically Amazon would have had to have edited their footage to make Arteta look more strange than he actually is, and when you look at the thrust of the narrative…the intent was to paint him in a positive light. And unfortunately for Arteta you have someone who has poor eye contact with players (not just players but family members), defensive and closed body language and someone who is insular and introverted (nothing wrong with being introverted, it’s possibly just not a characteristic conducive to successful man management)

And if you think that’s more embarassing than your assertion that Mudryk was bought as a replacement for Martinelli when at the time he was our best player on form, dunno what to tell you…..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And there goes my point on you lecturing anyone about "rowing back", you never do, even when faced with all the logical reasons why you should. You are like our wannabe mini Trump here, the difference is I am not sure you'd get recognised on your own street corner!

Anyway, like I said your judgement means very little to me in any sphere. Most of the time you pester posters like a six year old and then sulk and double down on the most basic things like being corrected on using racial epitaphs.

Don't get upset, but I can't really take you seriously.