User Tag List

Thread: Arsenal vs PSG, 1st October 2024, KO 20:00 (GMT)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal vs PSG, 1st October 2024, KO 20:00 (GMT)

This is a PSG side unrecognisable from one of recent years that was star studded

They have a squad which contains some of France’s decent attackers like Kolo Muani and Barcola, young stars like Zaire-Emery as well as journeymen like Fabian Ruiz and Marco Asensio.

It’s basically a team that could cause us problems if we are off our game, but a match we should be winning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’ve got a lot of pace and tricky forwards who I can see causing us issues. However this is also a team that Newcastle hammered a year ago and that was with Mbappe.

We probably need to win all our home games if we’re going to finish in the top 8 because our away form in Europe can’t be relied on.

Been a while since we had a big name scalp in Europe. Hopefully we get it done here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @HCZ I was myself about to start a thread on this game but thought I'd do some research on PSG first

but I needn't have worried, you're on the spot as usual - I agree there's absolutely no need to mention Lee Kang-in who's scored 3 in 7, or Joao Neves (5 assists in 7), or ofc Ousmane Dembele (4 goals and 3 assists in 7)...

They're also got some good defenders like Marquinhos

Anyway, it sounds like Merino's not very far away so possibly will be on the bench for this one, otherwise we're probably looking at the same side which started v Leicester

MO is right we need to be on our guard here but if we are and we take our chances, we should win this and would be a statement to do so, whatever the merits of their team
    Last edited by Mac76; Today at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    @HCZ I was myself about to start a thread on this game but thought I'd do some research on PSG first

but I needn't have worried, you're on the spot as usual - I agree there's absolutely no need to mention Lee Kang-in who's scored 3 in 7, or Joao Neves (5 assists in 7), or ofc Ousmane Dembele (4 goals and 3 assists in 7)

They're also got some good defenders like Marquinhos

Anyway, it sounds like Merino's not very far away so possibly will be on the bench for this one, otherwise we're probably looking at the same side which started v Leicester

MO is right we need to be on our guard here but if we are and we take our chances, we should win this and would be a statement to do so, whatever the merits of their team

Ousmane Dembele isn’t going to be playing because he’s had a falling out with Luis Enrique

Lee Kang? Wasn’t he a character in Mortal Kombat. But no you’re right I didn’t do an in depth check a) because I didn’t care enough and b) because it’s pearls amongst swine.

But I’m pretty sure I would have come to the same conclusion despite those very impressive statistics you rattled off for a big fish in a small pond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Ousmane Dembele isn’t going to be playing because he’s had a falling out with Luis Enrique
    so i see - i guess it's on me then...