Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Champions League 24/25

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    agreed

I was listening to this on the radio and i just watched the goal this morning - although people are right about Neuer being too far off his line, that Duran guy is unbelievable, a brilliant effort - although he's doomed to be on the bench forever now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duran strikes me as one those cult hero type of players who’ll be remembered for the worldies but not much else. Villa fans don’t even want him in the starting line up because his overall play isn’t great and apparently he’s not always been the most professional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Duran strikes me as one those cult hero type of players who’ll be remembered for the worldies but not much else. Villa fans don’t even want him in the starting line up because his overall play isn’t great and apparently he’s not always been the most professional.
    Laurent Robert basically?

Doesn’t surprise me, there is always a reason why a player isn’t starting games. Even in their game with us, the relentless pressing of Rice and Partey by Rodgers and Watkins ceased when Watkins was substituted for Duran.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; Today at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if you can call Neuer being off his line a mistake, it's what he does. Sweeping is a huge part of his game (or at least it was when I last watched him).

It's a calculated risk that was brilliantly taken advantage of by Duran.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    I don't know if you can call Neuer being off his line a mistake, it's what he does. Sweeping is a huge part of his game (or at least it was when I last watched him).

It's a calculated risk that was brilliantly taken advantage of by Duran.
    I think when there's a defender there who in theory has at least a 50/50 chance of getting the ball, you should stay back, if he stays back it's not on for Duran to shoot and he then has to try something else with a defender in close attendance

If that's Neuer's game, whatever, it's still a mistake IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless, it still takes a player with exceptional quick thinking and skill to take advantage

Plus the thing is, you can argue any goal is preventable. Even 40 yard screamers, defence could have closed them down better etc. And whether Neuer could or should have stayed on his line, I’d personally not want to detract from what was a wonderful goal.