Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Prima Sport 4 for me.

I love Romanian commentary.

I don't care who knows about it.
    I like Arabic commentary. I could of course be wrong given I don’t understand the language, but it sounds like they are giving thanks to God for every goal.

Which I suppose would then open itself up to an interesting philosophical question, that if a God does exist does that being involve himself in human affairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bottom line is that Arteta had to play Partey at RB (and gemerally he was perfectly ok despite a poor first touch or two early on) and it's important to rotate players, it's all very well saying there's an international break but many of our squad will feature in those games anyway

Having Trossard and Martinelli, also Merino, to bring off the bench shows hoe much deeper our squad is

Jesus is not showing any sign of improving his decision making and because he wanders.around so much Havertz (who was brilliant yesterday) was almost playing both 8 and 9

Sterling I thought did fairly well, beating his man a few times and if Havertz had.been fully playing up front might well have got an assist, I think he suffered from Jesus not being in the right place

We've had a difficult run and shown we can recover well from setbacks, leaving refereeing idiocy aside it's been a good start to the season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disagree. I don’t think he had to play him at right back at all. He could have played Calafiori there and started with Kiwior on the left

But again that wasn’t the biggest folly, that was starting with Jesus and playing him up front.

Sterling looks finished, his pace is gone and he lacks the strength to get past players. Like Jesus his decision making is also suspect.

We can’t have this nonsense kind of lineup again, this was the exact kind of pig headed stupidity that led to us losing at home to Villa. Better sides will punish us in a way Southampton couldn’t.

We’ve been given a potential avenue to winning the title this season with Rodri injured, as always it’s Arteta who will be the biggest obstacle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it’s worth, I do agree with you about Havertz….though from what I could see he was trying to play more 9 and 10 rather than 8 and 9. I don’t think playing in the hole is where he’s best at all, but he was working hard to link up with Saka.
    I really can’t find fault with him this season, he works his bollocks off even when he’s not scoring goals…holds up the ball well and is good at making space for other players. The goal he scored was a lovely strike, and he clearly is the most suitable playing up front….there’s a lot there that reminds me of Giroud at his best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havertz is deceptively strong too. Think he should be able to hit 20 goals this season. Lacks a bit of pace but if he continues to finish like yesterday then we’ll be fine. It was a type of goal that we don’t see enough from him.

It’s a shame that Jesus has been left behind because I do think there’s a player there however he is not capable of playing up front by himself and there’s really no point in hoping he plays himself into form there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Disagree. I don’t think he had to play him at right back at all. He could have played Calafiori there and started with Kiwior on the left

But again that wasn’t the biggest folly, that was starting with Jesus and playing him up front.

Sterling looks finished, his pace is gone and he lacks the strength to get past players. Like Jesus his decision making is also suspect.

We can’t have this nonsense kind of lineup again, this was the exact kind of pig headed stupidity that led to us losing at home to Villa. Better sides will punish us in a way Southampton couldn’t.

We’ve been given a potential avenue to winning the title this season with Rodri injured, as always it’s Arteta who will be the biggest obstacle.
    Sterling did get past their defenders on several occasions

we have lots of games this season so we need to use the squad, so keeping those players involved is essential, i said Jesus is poor but we got our first goal with both him and Sterling on the pitch and there will be other games when we need to rotate and use them and if needs be use stronger players from the bench

It's called squad management, look it up

Partey did fine, Calafiore's defending even at LB isn't perfect so I don't think he'd be much better than Partey, plus we need him on the left IMO, I suspect Timber will be back for Bournemouth so it was only for one game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Sterling did get past their defenders on several occasions

we have lots of games this season so we need to use the squad, so keeping those players involved is essential, i said Jesus is poor but we got our first goal with both him and Sterling on the pitch and there will be other games when we need to rotate and use them and if needs be use stronger players from the bench

It's called squad management, look it up

Partey did fine, Calafiore's defending even at LB isn't perfect so I don't think he'd be much better than Partey, plus we need him on the left IMO, I suspect Timber will be back for Bournemouth so it was only for one game
    To do squad management you need a squad, this is why I lose my shit with Arteta signing multiple defenders but leaving us without options elsewhere, Sterling or Jesus are nothing but a liability in the premier league. At most they can be utilised in the league cup or maybe against some of the weaker European teams.

The problem with Partey at right back wasn’t defensive, Southampton offered next to no threat in that regard. It was that Saka had to work his nuts off to get to the ball which he received from long passes rather than having someone at full back who could move forward with the ball.

Calafiori got done for pace by Dibling once but other than that was very effective and although not as effective as on the right, made more sense than playing Partey there.

Arteta cannot put out a team like that in the premier league again.