User Tag List

Thread: Bournemouth vs Arsenal, 19.10.2024, KO 17:30 GMT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bournemouth vs Arsenal, 19.10.2024, KO 17:30 GMT

Depending on what injury problems we have (basically whether Havertz and Saka are fit) this could be a tough game, arguably unlucky to not get more than one point from the two fixtures against Newcastle and Chelsea where they dominated for sizeable periods of the game.

We have twice previously had big wins there, 3-0 and 4-0 respectively. We would be doing well to get a similar scoreline

Not a game where we can afford to muck about by indulging the presence of Sterling or Jesus on the pitch for too long (I’d suggest if Arteta wants to bring them up to the level where they can be useful squad players to give them game time against Shatkah instead)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t envisage too many problems here because Bournemouth actually try to play football rather than be spoilers which suits us. Plus we seem to be a lot more switched on away from home.

Don’t think it will be as comfortable as our previous two visits but I’ll go for a 0-2 win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-0 Evanilson hatter

This is definitely a game to rest Saka and one or two other key players whilst making sure we get the job done.

Raya

White/Timber (depending on fitness) Kiwior Gabriel Calafiori

Partey Jorg

Sterling Havertz (if fit) Martinelli

Trossard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s no need to rest anyone unless there’s a fitness issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    There’s no need to rest anyone unless there’s a fitness issue.
    On a general level we need to be rotating regularly, you can't leave it until the end of the season - it helps to prevent injury, keeps players fresh and it's also good to keep other players in form by giving them minutes

In this case we've Shaktar in the week and then Liverpool so it's important

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    On a general level we need to be rotating regularly, you can't leave it until the end of the season - it helps to prevent injury, keeps players fresh and it's also good to keep other players in form by giving them minutes

In this case we've Shaktar in the week and then Liverpool so it's important
    It would make far more sense to rest people against Shaktar would it not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    It would make far more sense to rest people against Shaktar would it not?
    Sure, there's no reason why there can't be rotation in both, but Shaktar is important given we need to avoid two additional games, picking up points at home is crucial

yes Bournemouth is crucial too but the lineup I've posted is easily good enough and again it's not just about resting players but keeping other players involved, I think the PL is a more familiar envionment to play more fringe players in

Saka is borderline injured and therfore should not start at the weekend under any circumstances

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Sure, there's no reason why there can't be rotation in both, but Shaktar is important given we need to avoid two additional games, picking up points at home is crucial

yes Bournemouth is crucial too but the lineup I've posted is easily good enough and again it's not just about resting players but keeping other players involved, I think the PL is a more familiar envionment to play more fringe players in

Saka is borderline injured and therfore should not start at the weekend under any circumstances
    I would disagree. I think that lineup would be fine for the champions league against a team that we should be comfortably beating. But away at an established premier league team…no you absolutely don’t want to monkey around and select anything other than your best team. Saka should start unless there are legitimate fitness concerns and then taken off after 60 minutes if we are leading.

That’s how I see it anyway

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I...hope we win, tbh,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rest and Saka are two words that never seem to go together so if he is fit he will start.