User Tag List

Page 1407 of 1407 FirstFirst ... 407907130713571397140514061407
Results 14,061 to 14,065 of 14065

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    This is interesting. Anfield '89 but it's the original ITV broadcast with some pre-match build up, half time analysis and even the adverts!

I don’t want to piss on your bonfire (but I will) but that’s been on you tube for years

Bobby Robson doesn’t think we will get the 2-0 win

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I don’t want to piss on your bonfire (but I will) but that’s been on you tube for years
    The first clue was when it said "8 years ago". I can also read.
    I wasn't claiming it was new. I just hadn't seen it before, just because something exists that doesn't mean everyone has seen it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

Bobby Robson doesn’t think we will get the 2-0 win
    Don't think anyone did, I was on holiday in Bognor Regis Butlins on the day and had my Arsenal shirt on was walking along and a Liverpool fans was taking the piss telling me we have no chance. Later on after the match I see him can't remember what I said him too busy celebating but he told me too fook off I was only 14 how rude

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember thinking we had a chance, but that was because I wasn't in to football enough to know how ridiculous that opinion was
    I mean, you never know in football - as that demonstrated - but looking back it seems implausible.
    It's funny looking back at how little time is given before and after the game to the coverage - now there would be hours either end.
    Obviously now we have endless dedicated channels, ITV were already late for the news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Don't think anyone did, I was on holiday in Bognor Regis Butlins on the day and had my Arsenal shirt on was walking along and a Liverpool fans was taking the piss telling me we have no chance. Later on after the match I see him can't remember what I said him too busy celebating but he told me too fook off I was only 14 how rude
    I was 5 so my memory of 26th May 1989 is scant at best shall we say, I only have slightly clearer living memory of the 1990/1991 Title…and I think that was the Arsenal vs Man United game being on television and we had been confirmed champions before the game kicked off because Liverpool had lost.

You’re right, it would have been an exceptionally brave pundit to pick us to win it. We hadn’t won at Anfield in something like ten years, Liverpool hadn’t lost at home by more than a one goal margin in three years. Everyone was backing Liverpool because of Hillsborough, they had the mo given they hadn’t lost since losing at Old Trafford in January. We’d lost at home to Derby and Forest and away at Coventry in that same period. And given we practically would have have had the title won if we’d won both our last two home games (lost to Derby, drew with Wimbledon) we’d have only needed a draw. Although ironically I think needing to win helped us because Liverpool didn’t quite know how to play it, were worried about coming forward too much even at 1-0 down.